Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 German Open, Magdeburg, GER. Nov 7-12.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2017 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Only Fan Zhendong need get out of bed early tomorrow. CNT dinner must have been a gloomy affair with Xu Xin, Lin Gaoyuan and Yan An. I would think only Zhou Yu can feel ok about his loss.

Lee Sangsu has been flying under the radar. Wouldn't discount his chances entirely against Timo Boll tomorrow.
How can a WTTC and an Asian Cup bronze medalist be flying under the radar? 

What I mean is that his recents results aren't so great. Lost to Niwa Koki recently and barely beat Aruna Quadri. But he has always had the game, but hasn't been able to maximize his potential. When does Xu Xin lose 0-4 against a non-Chinese...

Dima also lost to Niwa and barely beat Aruna in the past eight months.  Hardly anything to put a player down on but I find that some people tend to have low opinions of Niwa and Aruna for reasons I understand but find questionable.

Except Dima won a bunch of Protour events and the World Cup in 2017. Lee Sangsu?

looks like the whole cnt has been EJing zjk with new rubbers fzd and xx testing new blades are the reason they did a bad tournament?
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 12:31am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Has a German era of male dominance in TT started ?
Ovtcharov beat Fan in the 7th. Hardly dominance. 

Actually, I think Fan played pretty well, except for variation. Still, just a few points here and there, he could have won. But credit to Ovtcharov, he played very well indeed. Lots of great shots. He had wonderful feel for the ball and anticipated really well (both in the SF and F). And he served really well.

Now Lee Sangsu beat Xu Xin 4-0, that's unexpected dominance.
Tt Gold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 12:55am
When did fzd change his blade? In his match against ovtcharov he used a dhs blade.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 1:09am
Quote Dimitrij OVTCHAROV (GER) after beating Timo BOLL (GER) 4-3 to win his fourth ITTF World Tour Men’s Singles title in 2017:

“I’m exhausted, really tired, two matches of that level in one day is very hard for us. But I gave all I’ve got and it was a very tough final against Timo as usual and I think it’s mostly the mental part giving me confidence winning so many close matches against him, that’s maybe what made the difference in the end.”

“In the last game, I had a little anger. I had a good opportunity in the fourth and the sixth game, but Timo played so clever, changed the rhythm, changed the service, bring me out of my rhythm and made the game very tough for me. I went into the rallies risking many things and I had an amazing start and I’m glad I could bring it into the end.”

CHEN Meng (CHN) after defeating ZHU Yuling (CHN) 4-3 to claim her third ITTF World Tour Women’s Singles title in 2017:

“I’m very happy to be able to win the title at German Open, today I strived so hard that I was even moved by myself.”

“This match was very tight, there’s only a 2-point difference for many of the games, so I think both of us played our level. When I was trailing 1-3 behind, I did not give up and kept thinking of solutions on the court. I think now it’s normal to be 0-2 or 1-3 behind for matches.”

“There were already 2 occasions this year where I lost the match when having a 3-1 initial lead. Earlier at the Japan Open Final. I also lost even though I was leading 3-1 at the start, so I think I have learnt my lesson this time.”

LEE Sangsu (KOR) / JEOUNG Youngsik (KOR) after defeating Tomokazu HARIMOTO (JPN) / Yuto KIZUKURI (JPN) 3-2 to claim the Men’s Doubles title:

JEOUNG Youngsik:
“We had a bad start in the match, Harimoto & Kizukuri’s receive is very good and fast as well, so we had no chance. So we had to change our tactics to play short. and give Sangsu the chance to attack.”

LEE Sangsu:
“At the start it was a lot of backhand flick, they played very fast game, after losing the first 2 games, we changed. We play short before attacking, making them turn to the defence side.”

“In the fourth game, I was a little nervous so made some unforced errors, so Youngsik calmed me down saying it was ok. At the last point, I told him it’s ok, he just play short and I’ll attack.’”

Edited by zeio - 11/13/2017 at 1:09am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 1:14am

Only Fan Zhendong need get out of bed early tomorrow. CNT dinner must have been a gloomy affair with Xu Xin, Lin Gaoyuan and Yan An. I would think only Zhou Yu can feel ok about his loss.

Lee Sangsu has been flying under the radar. Wouldn't discount his chances entirely against Timo Boll tomorrow.
How can a WTTC and an Asian Cup bronze medalist be flying under the radar? 
What I mean is that his recents results aren't so great. Lost to Niwa Koki recently and barely beat Aruna Quadri. But he has always had the game, but hasn't been able to maximize his potential. When does Xu Xin lose 0-4 against a non-Chinese...

Dima also lost to Niwa and barely beat Aruna in the past eight months.  Hardly anything to put a player down on but I find that some people tend to have low opinions of Niwa and Aruna for reasons I understand but find questionable.
Except Dima won a bunch of Protour events and the World Cup in 2017. Lee Sangsu?

A bronze medal at WTTC and Asian Cup count for nothing?  We seem to be going in circles here.

The point is that if we can use criteria that have applied to Dima to say that Lee Sang Su is playing badly, something is wrong with the criteria.  Lee Sang Su is having one of the best years by a player not on the CNT.  But the way you describe it, he is in purgatory.  LEt's agree to disagree if I am not making sense.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
True Carbon FL
FH: Genius Max B
BH: Genius Max R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 2:40am
German Open tally:

Unworthy DO
Overrated WCT
Sneaky LSS
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 3:04am
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2017-11-12/doc-ifynshev5563102.shtml
Quote   在谈到比赛中自己的表现时,樊振东说:“第一局,第五局开始自己都是领先,之后都输了,这对比赛的影响还是非常大的。”

此次德国公开赛,中国男乒接连失利,最后只有樊振东一人进入半决赛,而当问到队友的失利没有太大影响时,樊振东说:“我觉得其实还好吧,没有过多的去考虑,今天确实奥恰发挥的非常好,不管他是主场,还是拿了世界杯之后,他的球会比之前要好一点。”

对于主场作战的奥恰洛夫,樊振东其实也做好了准备,他说:“很多次都在德国打,很多次都是对着德国本土球手主场作战,自己已经做好这方面的准备了。”

最后,樊振东也对于中国球迷表示了感谢,“非常感谢,不管领先落后,都在给我加油鼓劲,非常感谢。”他说。

FZD said losing the 1st and 5th games after leading set the tone of the match.

When asked if he was affected by the losses of his teammates, FZD thought he felt fine and didn't think too much of it, stressing that DO performed really well today.
Regardless of playing on home turf, or after taking the World Cup title, his game has gotten better.

FZD prepared well for the final, saying that he has played in Germany many times before, many of which were against German players playing on home turf, that he was ready for this.

Lastly, FZD wanted to thank his fans from China for the support whether he was leading or trailing.

Edited by zeio - 11/13/2017 at 3:05am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

only if we will see Germany become world champions in 2018... which right now seems in the realm of possible. They need number 3 though... Alas neither Franzisca nor Filus can beat a top 10 player right now.

dima will be 30in 2018. germany world championm are you high?

European players have a much longer shelf life. 30 for them is like 22 for Chinese players.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 9:39am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

German Open tally:

Unworthy DO
Overrated WCT
Sneaky LSS

And Scrappy Timo.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

only if we will see Germany become world champions in 2018... which right now seems in the realm of possible. They need number 3 though... Alas neither Franzisca nor Filus can beat a top 10 player right now.

dima will be 30in 2018. germany world championm are you high?

European players have a much longer shelf life. 30 for them is like 22 for Chinese players.

wang hao played london final at 29 yo and zjk played rio at 28
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2017-11-12/doc-ifynshev5563102.shtml
Quote   在谈到比赛中自己的表现时,樊振东说:“第一局,第五局开始自己都是领先,之后都输了,这对比赛的影响还是非常大的。”

此次德国公开赛,中国男乒接连失利,最后只有樊振东一人进入半决赛,而当问到队友的失利没有太大影响时,樊振东说:“我觉得其实还好吧,没有过多的去考虑,今天确实奥恰发挥的非常好,不管他是主场,还是拿了世界杯之后,他的球会比之前要好一点。”

对于主场作战的奥恰洛夫,樊振东其实也做好了准备,他说:“很多次都在德国打,很多次都是对着德国本土球手主场作战,自己已经做好这方面的准备了。”

最后,樊振东也对于中国球迷表示了感谢,“非常感谢,不管领先落后,都在给我加油鼓劲,非常感谢。”他说。

FZD said losing the 1st and 5th games after leading set the tone of the match.

When asked if he was affected by the losses of his teammates, FZD thought he felt fine and didn't think too much of it, stressing that DO performed really well today.
Regardless of playing on home turf, or after taking the World Cup title, his game has gotten better.

FZD prepared well for the final, saying that he has played in Germany many times before, many of which were against German players playing on home turf, that he was ready for this.

Lastly, FZD wanted to thank his fans from China for the support whether he was leading or trailing.

whats the opinion of wang hao of tt china media about the downfall?
Simon_plays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

And 22 for Chinese players is like actual 25 for European players Wink
ssmilk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:58am
lol
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:17am

whats the opinion of wang hao of tt china media about the downfall?

Wang Hao is under media and public scrutiny. Some people blame his under-par coaching. Same for Liu Guozheng.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:27am
Wong Chun Ting out!!!
Well done Aruna Clap

Edited by assam - Yesterday at 7:28am
Fabian1890 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian1890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:28am
Wow, Aruna beat Wong Chun Ting!

FZD won easily 4-0 btw
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:40am
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

Wow, Aruna beat Wong Chun Ting!

FZD won easily 4-0 btw

told you he is the worst top 10 players I have ever seen. It is amazing how many low ranked players he has lost to in the past 12 months.

He is a poor man's Wang hao who mimics Wang hao' s playing style but without the substances.

Edited by jackwong23 - Yesterday at 7:46am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian1890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:50am
Next upset? Benedikt Duda 6-6 with 3-1 in sets right now against Yuya Oshima!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian1890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:17am
he won :o
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:21am
Ittf should eliminate time outs.
When the opponent is on a roll you can
call timeout to halt his momentum. This is
like cheating.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:24am
Many sports have timeout and even multiple timeouts. Sometimes adds a bit of drama.
Simon_plays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:35am
Wow, this thread has totally lost focus. 

Can anyone recommend a cheap alternative to Tenergy 05 but with more control? :)
jfolsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:46am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Wow, this thread has totally lost focus. 

Can anyone recommend a cheap alternative to Tenergy 05 but with more control? :)

Tenergy 05 IS a control rubber, you are using it wrong.

All cheaper rubbers will have even more control and less power. What you want is a golden rainbow unicorn, more power, more spin AND more control. Oh, and faster too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic