Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Basalt Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Basalt Blades
    Posted: 10/07/2017 at 9:19am
Hello

i search for a looping monster, with very good spin, high throw (elastic) and a very big sweetspot like the szlc or innerforce layer alc blade.

does have a basalt blades these atributes ?

i found these basalt blades on the internet are these good looping blades?

1) Soulspin ROOTS Basalt 6
2) Basaltec Outer - Meister Serie
3) Basaltec Inner - Meister Serie
4) red and black sensei

Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 1:33pm
They are slower than carbon but increases the sweet spot.  It is a pretty unique feel and hard to describe.  Perhaps a bit like ZLF but harder.  I prefer ALC myself.  Soulspin blades are very well made but the only way you would know if you like basalt is to try it yourself unfortunately.

Where in Germany do you live?
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 7:52pm
I own a Basalatec outer. To me, basalt fees more woody rather than synthetic-y, while at the same time gives a uniform feel all over the blade (i.e. big sweet spot).

ZLC is the most elastic/repulsive. I prefer ALC as well perfect amount of dampening/dwell.
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
Victor2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 8:55pm
I'm also interested in this matter. Can someone compare basalt fibre with ZLC, ZLF and arylate in terms of speed, flexibility and sweetspot? 
reading several posts online I think Basalt is faster than ZLF but slower to ZLC or arylate. I'm I wrong? However I didn't find a comparison for flexibility and sweespot. Maybe someone can explain this matter. Thank you

wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by GabrielTopspin GabrielTopspin wrote:

Hello

i search for a looping monster, with very good spin, high throw
(elastic) and a very big sweetspot like the szlc or innerforce layer alc
blade.

does have a basalt blades these atributes ?

i found these basalt blades on the internet are these good looping blades?

1)Soulspin ROOTS Basalt 6
2) Basaltec Outer - Meister Serie
3) Basaltec Inner - Meister Serie
4) red and black sensei
<h1 itemprop="name">
</h1>

Roots Bsalt 6 and Basaltec Inner are basically the same blade. You can check out their composition.
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 9:09pm
You are right about speed as I remember the Soulspin blade (it has been a long time). I only owned one, though. So I can't say if they are all like the one I had.    A bit faster than ZLF, distinctly slower than ALC or ZLC blades I have used. Regarding flex, this will deppend more on the wood layers and thickness. Sweetspot is similar to ALC or ZLC but you will feel more vibration at higher frequency with basalt. It defintely retains more "wood like" feel but with larger sweet spot.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

You are right about speed as I remember the Soulspin blade (it has been a long time). I only owned one, though. So I can't say if they are all like the one I had.    A bit faster than ZLF, distinctly slower than ALC or ZLC blades I have used. Regarding flex, this will deppend more on the wood layers and thickness. Sweetspot is similar to ALC or ZLC but you will feel more vibration at higher frequency with basalt. It defintely retains more "wood like" feel but with larger sweet spot.

Which one did you own? Roots 6? I'm interestd in the soulspin blades, especially that on. But I haven't found many reviews about it.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 10:21pm
The Roots 6 but I configured with a different handle.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

The Roots 6 but I configured with a different handle.

How did you feel? Was it a great blade worth buying?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 9:46am
I ended up staying with Viscaria but it was a really good blade, and I sold it to a clubmate who used it for years.  As to how it felt, read my posts above.  The handles of Soulspin blades are incredible. 
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 10:14am
It is a tad bit harder compared to arylate and does not have as much "damping effect" or say vibration absorption. But again it is more about whether the wood combination would harmonize with the fiber. Butterfly made Retreiver and Matsushita pro alpha with arylate, but also Moonbeam.
Fly away!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 7:39pm
Another independent blade maker using basalt is the German blade maker TT-Manufaktur:
http://tischtennis-manufaktur.de/15.html

I currently own this basalt blade:

If I remember well, I bought it from Magic_M. Don't know anything about its previous history, though.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2018 at 2:09pm
Basalt is up to 20% iron, 50% Glass with the reminder a variety of materials that are in any particular deposit. It has been used in Blade construction in the Eastern block countries for many years and was and is known for its soft stop. I have a Roots 6 Basalt inner and a Levi Basalt outer both Spruce. The outer version is harder and measures slightly faster 1525 vs 1475. I have been using Karis M 2.2 on the Roots 6 and have no problem generating speed and spin.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2018 at 2:13pm
Andrius from Lithuania makes some decent basalt blades. The one I tested Maple + basalt + red cedar is exceptionally powerful.
Fly away!
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 7:14pm
Is there any info or site with those Andrius blades?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2018 at 11:23pm
n we cant forget Yinhe's VF line.
they put them into market about 2 years ago.
ahead of trend !!
hehehe
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2018 at 10:56am
I have Yinhe Pro Feeling which uses Volcaryl, volcanic material and arylate weaved. Great sweetspot, speed, feel, flex, dwell time. You can play both loop and flat shots. For me, better than viscaria/TBS.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

I have Yinhe Pro Feeling which uses Volcaryl, volcanic material and arylate weaved. Great sweetspot, speed, feel, flex, dwell time. You can play both loop and flat shots. For me, better than viscaria/TBS.

Does Pro Feeling feel softer than Viscaria? And about speed? 
I played a little with Ovtcharov True Carbon wich is said to be similar to Viscaria but it felt a little hard for me

Edited by shinshiro - 01/25/2018 at 12:20pm
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 2:13pm
It's not significantly softer i think but it's more flexy which gives more dwell. But it's faster. Innerforce alc clone.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic