Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Backhand - Best Chinese Rubber (non tensor)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backhand - Best Chinese Rubber (non tensor)
    Posted: 10/08/2017 at 3:20pm
I'm assuming you mean you want a tacky rubber (there are many chinese rubbers that aren't tacky). The best one would be a softer 729 battle II. It's severely tacky, has a softer version which is ideal for backhand and it's light. It's a new age rubber compared to those old age ones which really can't deal with plastic ball.

H3national would be wasted on backhand, h3 regular isn't very good for it. Big Dipper I think too heavy, but that's up to you.

H3NEO is what I use though cuz I've gotten used to it.
But really, go with Battle 2 with softer sponge

Edited by Lightzy - 10/08/2017 at 3:22pm
Sponsored Links

ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

H3-50 has a different sponge, though. IMO, the regular H3 orange sponge in 37 degrees is better for backhand.

There is also a Hurricane 3 on the #60 sponge, which is quite good and not as dead as normal Hurricane.

The thing with the 3-50 is that it's super easy to find under $19 from US suppliers.  And boosted it's still a quite good rubber.  AFAIK the other 35-37deg DHS options are at least $10 beyond that.  If money is a concern it's a safe place to start to figure out whether one wants to stick to a H3 style rubber for the backhand - and eventually invest in provincial, 3-60 or some such.. 
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 6:46pm
H3-50 has a different sponge, though. IMO, the regular H3 orange sponge in 37 degrees is better for backhand.

There is also a Hurricane 3 on the #60 sponge, which is quite good and not as dead as normal Hurricane.

Edited by Chairman Meow - 10/07/2017 at 6:52pm
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

If you want to go with a tacky DHS, go with the 3-60 skyline or the hurricane 3-50. The 3-50 comes in 35 and 37 deg DHS scale - same for 3-60 afaik. Harder than that would be too hard for Ma Long as C Meow says.
I´m using a H3-50 Soft in my BH and have no complaints. 
It´s good to open topspins, to block and to receive serves with chiquita motion. Of course it does not catapult the ball like tensor rubbers, but for almost half the price of tensors it delivers a lot.
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 5:05pm
If you want to go with a tacky DHS, go with the 3-60 skyline or the hurricane 3-50. The 3-50 comes in 35 and 37 deg DHS scale - same for 3-60 afaik. Harder than that would be too hard for Ma Long as C Meow says.
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 4:25pm
DHS 3-60 medium soft

andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 4:14pm
haifu shark !
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 10:31am
40 degrees is almost certainly too hard. Even the top players don't use such hard rubber on the backhand (AFAIK, Ma Long uses 37). Unless you are constantly ripping backhand loops from 3 meters behind the table, you would probably have more success with a rubber 38 degrees or lower. 39 might work as well if you have trouble finding softer rubber.

The reason is that these harder rubbers are more difficult to get spin with over the table. You need better hand speed than with a soft rubber, which will grab the ball more easily. Softer rubber will not have as much max power as hard rubber, but you probably won't hit it that hard with the BH anyway.

Big dipper in 38 degrees is fine, and you can find H3 in 38 or 37 degrees as well.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 9:24am
Hello i search for a chinese (non tensor) Backhand rubber what do you think is a good solution and do you know some rubbers who are interesting for me, i want to loop with my backhand (agressive style) and backhand flick, short returns are important too. thank you very much

i have these in mind/ want to test these (are the good?):

1) DHS Hurricane 3 neo (national / provincal  - orange sponge 40 degree) boostet with 2 layers  haifu seamoon
2) DHS Hurricane 3 (national - orange sponge 40 degree) boostet with 2 layers haifu seamoon
3) Yinhe / Galaxy Big Dipper (38 or 40 degree) with 2 layers haifu

have a nice day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic