Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dishonourable Butterfly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dishonourable Butterfly
    Posted: 10/08/2017 at 7:54pm
Why do Butterfly not allow people to buy Butterfly equipment from countries other than their own. Butterfly is a company without honour who are ripping off their customers by forcing them to buy lower quality blades from Germany instead of the higher quality blades from Japan. What was once a respected company is respected no more. If your blade breaks and the local distributor is out of stock then you may have to wait months and even then it could be the inferior version from Europe, if your local distributor is out of your rubber another wait that could take months, it's a disgrace. You can't even buy a Viscaria or Primorac off- in Japan but they are available elsewhere.

Edited by shaun729 - 10/08/2017 at 7:55pm
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 2:04am
Welcome to the free world.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 2:36am
I don´t know others but for me it´s very simple: change of brand, as I did long time ago and have no regrets.
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 3:01am
Do you have to play with Butterfly equipment?
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 3:29am
I started using Butterfly in 1971, they have gotten a lot of money from me over the years, I think they are doing the wrong thing and unless people complain they will never get the message.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 12:03pm
Even if I love butterfly for their good products, I have many complaints too. From the problem that shaun mentioned, to the VERY high prices.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 12:12pm
can you really not just order from another country? are they too scared of butterfly to sell it to you overseas?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 12:34pm
You can't order from another country. They changed that like 2-3 years ago. Sadly !
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by shaun729 shaun729 wrote:

I think they are doing the wrong thing
I think their distributor network would disagree with you.  It's a matter of perspective.  Wink

and unless people complain they will never get the message.
Butterfly knows what they're doing.  They want to protect their distributors and their products are in high enough demand that they can do that.  The only thing that will work is to stop buying their products.  Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on whose perspective) there are enough people willing to abide by their policies than not.

Edited by GMan4911 - 10/09/2017 at 1:20pm
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 1:45pm
Have you heard the "purchasing agent" term?

Edited by Egghead - 10/09/2017 at 7:01pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 2:14pm
uh... look no further my friend.  I can help you get the deal done @ Shaun.  Just let me know what you want.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 2:26pm

Why do Butterfly not allow people to buy Butterfly equipment from countries other than their own. Butterfly is a company without honour who are ripping off their customers by forcing them to buy lower quality blades from Germany instead of the higher quality blades from Japan. What was once a respected company is respected no more. If your blade breaks and the local distributor is out of stock then you may have to wait months and even then it could be the inferior version from Europe, if your local distributor is out of your rubber another wait that could take months, it's a disgrace. You can't even buy a Viscaria or Primorac off- in Japan but they are available elsewhere.

They didn't always do this.  I used to get Tenergy for less at places like TT-Japan.  Their pricing and marketing are not designed to make us happy, that is for sure.
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 5:20pm
Didn't TT11 start stocking a few blades like the super ZLC etc, on their .com version. Given they differenciate pricing based on location, I'd assume they wouldn't show products you couldn't actually buy.

Presports have a few rubbers and blades too. If I order from there, will these sites not fulfil it?

Edited by Basquests - 10/09/2017 at 5:21pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by 100niTenis 100niTenis wrote:

You can't order from another country. They changed that like 2-3 years ago. Sadly !

I always wonder why canadians can order from usa. Its another country :)
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by 100niTenis 100niTenis wrote:

I always wonder why canadians can order from usa. Its another country :)
same distributor??LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 7:03pm
Yes, Butterfly has a North American distributor.  Each distributor has a territory and they are not supposed to sell outside of it.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

Didn't TT11 start stocking a few blades like the super ZLC etc, on their .com version. Given they differenciate pricing based on location, I'd assume they wouldn't show products you couldn't actually buy.

Presports have a few rubbers and blades too. If I order from there, will these sites not fulfil it?

Nope.  I am not sure where your distributor would be, though.

I think if you tried to buy Bttfly from them in the US or New Zealand they would send you a polite email saying they are not allowed to send it to you.
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 7:06pm
I emailed Butterfly when they first started this practice and they claimed that they weren't stopping distributors from selling to other countries and that it was a big coincidence that all the distributors made the decision on the same day. Another problem was that if a shop kept distributing Butterfly equipment some idiot would put that information on an open forum, Butterfly would find out and that shop would stop selling it. Think before you post, use private messaging or you might as well just dob the shop in to Butterfly yourself. 
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 7:22pm
Butterfly could at least allow a shop to distribute to a country that doesn't stock the product or is out of stock. For example the Mizutani was out of stock here for months, if someone from Australia ordered one from America and told the American shop that it was out of stock in Australia then all the American shop would have to do is look on the Australian Butterfly website and see that this was true and send it. Butterfly at the very least should allow this.

Edited by shaun729 - 10/09/2017 at 7:26pm
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 12:01am
Yes I agree completely , or at the very least the distributor for each region should be forced to stock the complete Butterfly range.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 1:26pm

I started using Butterfly in 1971, they have gotten a lot of money from me over the years, I think they are doing the wrong thing and unless people complain they will never get the message.
You are correct. Complain to Butteryfly your local distributor is doing a very bad job of distributing Butterfly products. I am sure they will be able to find another distributor in the region who can do a better job at getting products to customers.

Edited by jrscatman - 10/10/2017 at 1:27pm
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 4:58pm
It has been a really long time since BTY raised their prices and  turned into a greedy company with a stupid commercial policy. The solution is quite simple, move away to another brand. The market is loaded with so many different brands&choices from fair quality DHS fiber blades at an affordable prices to more expensive allwood blades from nittaku with even better craftmaship. There´s absolutely nothing special on BTY Blades or rubbers nowadays, Tenergy was the best at 2008 by far but ESN is quite par nowadays that it´s not worth it (Ferenc Karsai also thinks so, a former coach of the last European world champion at Bercy 2003 sponsored by BTYLOL)

One thing for sure: Butterfly is undoubtely the best of all at marketing: they´re the most generous with PROS or with national associations, or just giving out for free tables/balls when they want to because they´re interested about some kind of bussiness with national associations, but they really don´t care about amateurs at all. For instance, in Spain  they gave for free this season a top BTY table and competition balls to the clubs of our 1st&2nd league that accepted to play with their tables&ball on their league matches: sad Blackmail strategy.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 10/10/2017 at 5:11pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Yes I agree completely , or at the very least the distributor for each region should be forced to stock the complete Butterfly range.

Don't think NA region distributor will want to stock all bty's cpens LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 5:20pm
I really don´t understand the reason some players make a tempest about Butterfly policy.
I consider 3 things when buying table tennis equipment: performance, honest prices and availability. Butterfly offers only performance. Its prices are much higher than other brands´ and some materials are hard to find and you must wait months to your local distributor to bring them.
I simply gave up Butterfly and it was no traumatic decision, actually I decided it very quickly.
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2017 at 1:56am
TT newbie
"I really don´t understand the reason some players make a tempest about Butterfly policy" 
That was a terrible pun.
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2017 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

Presports have a few rubbers and blades too. If I order from there, will these sites not fulfil it?<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>
<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>

Nope.  I am not sure where your distributor would be, though.

I think if you tried to buy Bttfly from them in the US or New Zealand they would send you a polite email saying they are not allowed to send it to you.

I emailed presports. I can buy butterfly products from them in nz.

Ive never bought any tenergy and dont see the need to with mxp working well, rozena i might try for the bh though, esp given its competitive price.

Will stick to acoustics for the blade.

Btfly isnt nearly as tempting pre ESN
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2017 at 12:15pm
I used to buy stuff from Presports on occasion.  Haven't used them in a long time but they were quite reliable.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I used to buy stuff from Presports on occasion.  Haven't used them in a long time but they were quite reliable.
=========
I bought TT supplies from Presports too.
Never had any problems with them.
skip3119
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic