Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Which is the most 'honourable' brand?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 8:01am
What you fail to realise Crowsfeather is that because you are in Asia you are able to get the Japanese made blades but if you were in Europe you would have to settle for the crappy European version's. For example the European Primorac off- splinters but the Japanese version does not, Europeans don't get a choice. 
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 9:10am
There have been several reliable reports that the Chinese National Team Tenergy sheets are "tuned" to specifications that far exceed the out-of-the-package Tenergy sheet available to the unwashed masses.
Donn
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

<h1><font size="3" style="font-weight: normal;">Which is the most 'honourable' brand?</h1>

This is definitely not the most popular answer (ya think?!) but I vote for... Butterfly.  They sponsor a lot of juniors here in the Maryland area and they give back a lot with the sponsored tournaments.  As for the blockage of distributors, if I was a distributor in the U.S. or Canada and people are buying somewhere else, I'd do something to protect my interests too.  As for Tenergy being expensive, and I agree that it is, you know exactly what you're paying for.  Not to pick on DHS and I don't want to get started on them but if Butterfly operated with different versions and a mystical "National version", Butterfly would get slammed but DHS seems to get away clean.  It seems that the heir apparent to Tenergy (for now) is the Evolution series.  Well, if the reviews are "this rubber performs just as well as Tenergy", don't expect Tenergy prices to go down Smile
I don't even understand why everyone complains about tenergy being too expensive. A sheet of tenergy costs 56,90€ here in Germany and a tibhar evolution mxp 44,90€. A sheet of tenergy will last for 3 month in my case, so if I do the math it would be 6 months 113,80€. The evolution, rasanter etc. will last two months, so considering that I would need to buy three rubbers. Let's say I get 20% off from my local supplier that would mean that one rubber would still cost 35.92. So in 3 months I would be spending 107.76€ on the rubbers. That's only 6€ difference and considering that I don't have to change rubbers that often with tenergy which would help the blades longevity I don't get why everyone complains.

I heard from several tenergy users that T05 wear faster than 2 years ago. I dont know of any player that get more life from their tenergies than rakzas but there are rubbers out there that wont last even if you are careful
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Yasaka, for they...

Totally agree with this, if by "honorable", you mean fewest gimmicks and great quality for great value.

Most of their wood blades are less than $50, most of their carbon blades are less than $75 and their single composite blade (Alnade) costs $100.  Their quality of workmanship is fantastic - no QC issues and no overpriced marketing ploys like other brands.

Their rubbers are also well reviewed and they avoid discontinuing popular rubbers (or making them obsolete with incremental updates).  Mark V is still used today and Rakza has great reviews.

In other words, I've never really heard anyone buy Yasaka and gripe about wasted money.

That said, I'm using Butterfly, so their marketing has to be working :D
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Roundell
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

<h1><font size="3" style="font-weight: normal;">Which is the most 'honourable' brand?</h1>

This is definitely not the most popular answer (ya think?!) but I vote for... Butterfly.  They sponsor a lot of juniors here in the Maryland area and they give back a lot with the sponsored tournaments.  As for the blockage of distributors, if I was a distributor in the U.S. or Canada and people are buying somewhere else, I'd do something to protect my interests too.  As for Tenergy being expensive, and I agree that it is, you know exactly what you're paying for.  Not to pick on DHS and I don't want to get started on them but if Butterfly operated with different versions and a mystical "National version", Butterfly would get slammed but DHS seems to get away clean.  It seems that the heir apparent to Tenergy (for now) is the Evolution series.  Well, if the reviews are "this rubber performs just as well as Tenergy", don't expect Tenergy prices to go down Smile
I don't even understand why everyone complains about tenergy being too expensive. A sheet of tenergy costs 56,90€ here in Germany and a tibhar evolution mxp 44,90€. A sheet of tenergy will last for 3 month in my case, so if I do the math it would be 6 months 113,80€. The evolution, rasanter etc. will last two months, so considering that I would need to buy three rubbers. Let's say I get 20% off from my local supplier that would mean that one rubber would still cost 35.92. So in 3 months I would be spending 107.76€ on the rubbers. That's only 6€ difference and considering that I don't have to change rubbers that often with tenergy which would help the blades longevity I don't get why everyone complains.

I heard from several tenergy users that T05 wear faster than 2 years ago. I dont know of any player that get more life from their tenergies than rakzas but there are rubbers out there that wont last even if you are careful
that's because of the plastic ball
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 2:53pm
Most honorable? 729 friendship!!!!
super cheap and quality products like battle II and no worries about provincial versions etc
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by passifid passifid wrote:

super cheap and quality products like battle II and no worries about provincial versions etc

Yeah they don't have provincial/national BS like DHS. I wouldn't say quality products but with their prices you can buy more and do your own quality control
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 4:28pm
Most brands are honorable in the sense that they deliver on what they promise, DHS is borderline shady with the provincial/national, so is Sanwei and other chinese brands that do this. Probably the worst is HRT who outright claims to clone stiga.
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Ross Leidy and American Hinoki are the best ever; they will do anything to make you happy if they can. 
Fatt, is American Hinoki still making blades? 

I would also like to know. Kevin's website has been down for a while.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Originally posted by passifid passifid wrote:

Yeah they don't have provincial/national BS like DHS.

Actually they do have provincial BS! See here:
http://www.prott.vip/Product-List.aspx?producttype=57
OSP Ultimate ST; Nittaku DHS H3 Neo 2.1, Dr. Neubauer Rhino+ 1.8

My Feedback
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 7:45pm
I do rate DHS as "least honoured" manufacturer because they discriminating against common people, "not-for-retail" rubbers.
vanjr View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 8:49pm
Most honorable? Air (Cole) and Gambler (Tom), Nexy, Avalox. Many custom blade manufacturers on this board.

However I do not think Butterfly is dishonorable. Nothing wrong with a market economy.

I think of honorable in terms of players. Samsonov comes to mind immediately. 
Sword Yokahama Yue or Gambler Fire Dragon FLC or AVX J power or ?. Double inverted. Red on one side and black on the other. I can't seem to commit....
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 9:17pm
Darker for blades and Yasaka for rubbers
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic