FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibor Klampar's BH in super slo-motion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibor Klampar's BH in super slo-motion
    Posted: 10/15/2017 at 11:33am
I really enjoyed watching Kalampar's BH in super slo-mo. Too bad there is none of his FH. Anyone know if a similar video showing his FH in super-slo? Not sure when the video was taken but it was uploaded a year ago. If anyone still follows him, I was wondering what equipment he uses? Thanks.

Klampar BH in super-slo-mo

Edited by richrf - 10/15/2017 at 12:08pm
Sponsored Links

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 12:20pm
I was young, playing in college in the early 70s, when I first heard of Klampar and Jonyer, the two Hungarians who were driving the Chinese players crazy with their super-loops and double wing attacks. They definitely revolutionized TT. Bengtsson had just shocked the Chinese at the World's. I guess this was the beginning of modern TT, with the super fast, aggressive play, but I went on sabbatical and missed all the fun that began with suoer-gluing in the 1980s.

It was a really exciting period. I use to play at the NY 72nd Street club and Marty Reisman's on 96th Street. The 72th was the home of the Ping Ping Diplomacy that opened trade with China. I knew most of the players that made that trip. Back then it was all Sriver and Mark V rubber. Easy. 😃 There was a Hungarian (I think) promoter who use to bring in the Yuguslavs, Swedes, Hungarians, and Japanese a tournament so I saw all the great players if that time playing.

Edited by richrf - 10/15/2017 at 12:23pm
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 6:45pm
Looks like Werner Schlager learned a lot from him.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

Looks like Werner Schlager learned a lot from him.

Lots of similarities.

Waldner said that, as a youth, he used to study Klempar's technique.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 12:03am
I was told Klampar was using T05 on both sides and a Stiga blade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic