Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar blade similar to Waldner Senso Carbon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar blade similar to Waldner Senso Carbon?
    Posted: 10/28/2017 at 3:44am
I've been using a Waldner Senso Carbon (JO shape, straight handle, 85g) for a while now and it might be about time to retire it.  I've always wanted to try a Tibhar blade since I mainly use MX-P and MX-S so I thought I'd try to find something comparable to the WSC JO.

It looks like Cedric Nuytinck used to play a WSC but now has his signature Tibhar blade which might play similarly, but I have yet to find a review on it.  Also, the Samsonov Stratus Carbon might be a good candidate.

Is there a Tibhar blade that plays similarly to the WSC JO that anyone can speak of?  I suppose it doesn't necessarily have to be a carbon blade either.

I've also considered trying the Force Pro Black Edition, but the transition to a Clipper type might be quite painful for a while.  Ouch  Thoughts?

Sponsored Links

Aakiraa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aakiraa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 8:12am
if you are looking for a similar blade why do you want to change? Just brand?

Edited by Aakiraa - 10/28/2017 at 8:13am
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 12:49pm
Brand.  Tibhar blades seem to be of high quality.  Curiosity really.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 12:50pm
Maybe something with a little more juice as well.  
Aakiraa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aakiraa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2017 at 12:33am

unfortunately, I have no experience with Tibhar. but I can only say; if your skills is relatively mature don’t change it unless you need a little different blade.

Good luck

Edited by Aakiraa - 10/29/2017 at 12:35am
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2017 at 12:40am
I probably won't. I always come back to the WSC. [Cheers]
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2017 at 4:12pm
Just going by the specs (http://blog.tabletennis11.com/donic-waldner-jo-shape-and-senso-carbon-review) WSC-JO appears to have an inner fiber layer construction: Limba - Ayous - Carbon - Ayous - ... (So 7 ply with the Carbon right above the core, instead of under the top ply.)

The Tibhar Stratus Samsonov CB might be in a similar ballpark. It’s also an inner fiber layer construction, with the same outer plies as the WSC but a different core: Kiri instead of Ayous. So it goes Limba - Ayous - Carbon - Kiri - ... Afaik they both have a very similar thickness 5.4mm (SSC) vs 5.6 (WSC) (See this blog for analysis of SSC: https://ttgearlab.com/2017/03/25/characteristics-of-four-known-inner-fiber-blades-comparison/)

There are likely further differences between the composites used (couldn’t find info on WSC, SSC is Kevlar-Carbon) and in the thickness of the plies but being another inner layer Limba-Ayous blade it seems worth a shot.

Edited by ohwell - 10/29/2017 at 4:15pm
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2017 at 4:26pm
There isn’t much info on the Nuytinck blade yet, but from what’s out there it’s an outer fiber layer construction (with the Carbon right under the top), so it would be surprising if it felt anything like the WSC.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 4:46am
stratus carbon is much faster than walder senso, much.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 8:10am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Is it faster on all shots, or faster on fast, full swings but less so on slower shots?
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2017 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Is that so? TTgearlab's results would imdicate otherwise.

Testing of know Inner Fiber blades

The Ma Lin Carbon is a copy of the Waldner Senso Carbon V1 (V1 is supposed to make more speed), and it appears that his MLC just edged out the Stratus Carbon. (He explains his testing and results i detail).

Not too sure if I buy it yet, but he seems to have a pretty scientific testing method.
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2017 at 7:12pm
I have used both the wsc is slower compared to stratus I can assure you.
WSC is actually more like a fast all+ or slower off-
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic