FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Violin rubber choice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Violin rubber choice?
    Posted: 10/29/2017 at 10:37pm
So I just bought a Violin in hopes to add some spin and control to my game. What rubber are you guys using?
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 2:02am
Hurricane 3 neo and Rozena
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 4:05pm
Vega Pro (FH) and Karis M (BH)
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 9:23am
Rhyzma-p, t64
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 12:41pm
gewo nanoflex bt48, tenergy 05
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 2:06pm
Something mid-hard to hard from 45º to 50º. 
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 2:31pm
When I played with Violin, I used Bryce Speed and Tenergy 05 (BH).
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 7:37pm
Tried Bluestorm Z1 (max)on my Violin and it was really fast and spinny. I was going to swap on my R47 next but after closer inspection it appears to be the same rubber as Z1. Going to try some Tenergy next.

Edited by jpenmaster - 10/31/2017 at 7:38pm
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 11:22pm
Tenergy 05 on both sides is a spin monster.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2017 at 3:06pm
r47 2.0mm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2017 at 4:17pm
So far Tenergy 05 is the winner. It sounds strange to say but my change to Tenergy 05 gave me more control. Bluestorm in max thickness was a lot faster than T05. T05 generates more spin and I prefer the throw angle. Might just leave this on for a while and see where it takes me.
PeopleAreStranger View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeopleAreStranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2017 at 5:17pm
I'm using 05fx (FH) and Rozena (BH)
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2017 at 3:32pm
I am interested in any comments the R47 users would have on why it is working so well for them on the Violin in direct comparison to using T05 and/or MX-P on the Violin...? 

I just bought two LG Violin blades (coming from Viscaria at this point but previously used S&T Zeus) and am a long term user of MX-P and T05.

Edited by MydasDiablo - 11/22/2017 at 3:35pm
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2017 at 4:16pm
If you are used to t05/mxp, you will totally hate r47

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2017 at 4:36pm
More used to MX-P, my rubber of the last three seasons. I should also add that part of the reason for the change is whilst when I get it right I play shots that make me feel like a world champion, I can't get 80% or more of them on the table with an ALC or ZLC blade and MX-P and the players I now play against can (top division local league). 

One of the top guys said to me after our match, you can put as much spin on the ball as you want and I will still return it, but if you flat hit it or place it well then that is much harder for me to get back. That has stuck in my mind and altered my perception of what I am looking for in a rubber, T05 and MX-P might be kings of spin, but neither are forgiving when it comes to precise placement.

I am wondering if at the high amateur level players are better off having a setup that allows a high degree of accuracy of placement and consistency to keep the ball on the table, whilst still providing enough speed to finish the point. This being different to the EJ search I have been on which has been focused on more speed and more spin. 

What specifically makes R47 so different to MX-P and Tenergy?

Edited by MydasDiablo - 11/22/2017 at 5:50pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2017 at 6:18pm
If you like Tenergy 64 you will like R47.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2017 at 7:08pm
R47 is slow unless and until you put in a lot of effort, it's still in my opinion is much closer to hurricane 8 than 05/mxp, v47 on the other hand I think is more similar 64
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2017 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

More used to MX-P, my rubber of the last three seasons. I should also add that part of the reason for the change is whilst when I get it right I play shots that make me feel like a world champion, I can't get 80% or more of them on the table with an ALC or ZLC blade and MX-P and the players I now play against can (top division local league). 

One of the top guys said to me after our match, you can put as much spin on the ball as you want and I will still return it, but if you flat hit it or place it well then that is much harder for me to get back. That has stuck in my mind and altered my perception of what I am looking for in a rubber, T05 and MX-P might be kings of spin, but neither are forgiving when it comes to precise placement.

I am wondering if at the high amateur level players are better off having a setup that allows a high degree of accuracy of placement and consistency to keep the ball on the table, whilst still providing enough speed to finish the point. This being different to the EJ search I have been on which has been focused on more speed and more spin. 

What specifically makes R47 so different to MX-P and Tenergy?

I have similar observations? If you observe the games of the great Vladimir Samsonog, his finishing weapon is his awesome drive. With my Calibra LT, I can emulate this hit by utilizing a very relaxed, who!e body movement, which ends with a crack of the wrist. It is rarely returned.

But to set it up, I need more spin than what Calibre LT can deliver. LT it's precise and can deliver that crushing finish, but without spin opportunities are rare. Unfortunately, developing Samsonov's awesome touch is out of my reach. Finding a replacement for Calibra LT, is equally difficult. Tenergies feel and behave quite differently. Karis might work but they never responded to my email questions and have an awful site so I might end up with Tenergy.

Edited by richrf - 11/22/2017 at 9:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 1:44am
Well as another basis of comparison, I tried G1 on my Viscaria a while ago and it was way too slow in the lower gears for my liking. My chinese team mate who plays a straight arm loop with his whole body on every forehand loved it but I couldn't get anything out of it. I felt the same, actually it was even worse, trying to use MX-S on the FH. 

I have read from other sources that R47 has more catapult than G1 in the lower gears and can be compared to Rhyzm (which is a great rubber but just lacks the grip to effectively brush loop to set up a kill) with a bit more spin. Another opinion was that R47 is easier to generate spin (due to the thinner topsheet) than MX-P, whilst not having as much spin at the top end. At my level, I can't play a full shot with MX-P to access that spin for fear of blowing it long. So, if I can with R47 it may be that I end up with the same spin or more with the benefit that I groove my strokes properly and don't play half shots that feel like my equipment is controlling me and not the other way around.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic