Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Arche reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 10:07pm
We all know that Nexy is responsible for introducing $400+ SZLC blades to the market.   

Butterfly’s Wenge outer hadraw go for $130+, much like the Arche. It’s expensive, but it’s what people are willing to pay for top of the line, unique all wood blades.

Edited by ohwell - 02/16/2018 at 10:26pm
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2018 at 4:08pm
BTW, if my memory doesn't fail me, even Yinhe's Wenge-outer blades are/were very expensive compared to Yinhe's usual prices when they were introduced several years ago.
Could be that Wenge veneer is either very expensive, or difficult to work, or both.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2018 at 3:27pm
Can't wait to try out this blade, feels harder than my Victas Koki Niwa for good reason, I prefer harder outer ply blades, let's see how 7ply all wood plays :) might be a break through! Aurus Prime really is one of the most controllable BH rubbers for my game (excluding MX-s but it's so difficult to loop with that on BH), with all wood I might just become a wall!

Selling my Victas Koki Niwa on FS section with Aurus Prime btw (shameless advert!)

Edited by SmackDAT - 02/18/2018 at 3:34pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2018 at 5:26pm
Tried the blade out for the first time today with MX-S both sides, it played better than the carbon blades I have been using so far ad I was able to go through the ball more even on loops. Will continue to test, the Wenge side has a really high throw for my technique.

It is thicker than and has a thicker handle than the KJH and Korbel. It has a smaller head than the Korbel and KJH but keeps the flatter Korean wings which I really like for my grip. Looks like another extensive EJ period is coming.

Edited by NextLevel - 02/18/2018 at 5:29pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: Rakza Z
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 3:10pm
I'm amazed at how many things Arche seems to do just right for me: it's basically a feel, arc and control monster, with mean enough high gears to bite my opponent's fingers when I need that extra pace.  I need more time for a proper assessment, but this is super promising, and likely to become my main blade.

I've been using MX-S (1.9) on FH and Karis M BH.  I have a second MX-S on its way, so I can properly grasp what the different top plies do for my game.

Minor gripe: I really don't get along with the crystal on the lens.  Have folks tried to remove it?

Edited by ohwell - 02/19/2018 at 3:12pm
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 3:43pm
nice blade...plays very well too

Edited by emihet - 02/19/2018 at 3:43pm
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 3:50pm
emihet might have tried out my Arche... or his secret underground contacts got him am Arche a year before I got mine.

I might pry the truth out of him, but it would cost me a lot at the after TT chow-down. I don't wanna know THAT bad...
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

*** Minor gripe: I really don't get along with the crystal on the lens.  Have folks tried to remove it?

I never tried, but I like grip tape. A lot. I like it so much, often I use TWO grip tapes. WHY? Most handles are too thin for me. It gives me a chance to make it as thick as I need it. Also, I can shape the grip tape to make the blade handle a more effective level, so when I engage my fingers, it self levers and gives easier acceleration at the end.

Also, another feature on many modern blades is they are too light and not weighted enough down low. This makes even a lighter blade more difficult to accelerate. Two grip tapes down there is pretty much good enough to overcome that without taking off the handle and adding weight there with glue, wood and paper clips.

Another good thing about grip tape is that weight down there really helps the impact to be more solid on your powerful shots.

Another good thing is if you sweat unhuman crazy like Caveman-BH-Man, the bat is less likely to fly off on a lop and strike the mother not watching outside the barrier. 
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 3:57pm
The Arche may be my new blade of choice, it feels very similar in hardness to my ZJK ALC but less muffled and more linear due to all wood. I dislike soft wood blades and the speed is really nice with a new MX-P on FH, and the BH is even more controllable with Aurus Prime. Not a huge difference between the wood ply but with MX-P on fh there is a more pronounced difference which I like.

Solid blade and I'm gonna try it for a little longer to see if I'm keeping it!
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 4:00pm
The feel is amazing which helps when playing at a high level, once adapted touch shots and banana flicks are a lot better, one thing I miss is the zip from top end loops that you get with ALC blades, but I am a consistent close to the table player so it's not a huge deal.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 5:01pm
I also had my first training-session with Arche and Karis M both sides.
First impressions: yes, there IS a different feeling between forehand and backhand.
Throw is higher on forehand, the sound is also a bit louder.
I clearly prefer the forehand-feeling. This new outer veneer is really nice. Thumbs Up

The feeling is very good, but over all the speed is a bit too low for me with Karis M.
Next week I will choose a faster rubber (at least) on forehand.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 5:28pm

Minor gripe: I really don't get along with the crystal on the lens.  Have folks tried to remove it?

So, together with Magic_M and me, we're already there people thinking that Nexy blades would be better without. Actually, as far as I'm concerned, it only bothers me aesthetically: it looks cheap. It's not even made of real glass. I understand it may be a distinctive symbol of Nexy, but I'd prefer that it was real glass and embedded, so that it doesn't stick out.

I guess one could lever it out or just sand it down so it's flush with the metal tag.
Join the Nexy Clan!
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

So, together with Magic_M and me, we're already there people thinking that Nexy blades would be better without. Actually, as far as I'm concerned, it only bothers me aesthetically: it looks cheap. It's not even made of real glass. I understand it may be a distinctive symbol of Nexy, but I'd prefer that it was real glass and embedded, so that it doesn't stick out.

Yeah.  As Mr. Moon points out in discussing the background to Arche, Nexy's blades are meant to stand the test of time.  It seems to me that the crystals just don't do justice to the timeless character of the blades' designs.  

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 1:40am

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, it only bothers me aesthetically: it looks cheap. It's not even made of real glass. I understand it may be a distinctive symbol of Nexy, but I'd prefer that it was real glass and embedded, so that it doesn't stick out.
I don't have a big problem with the aesthetic (although I also don't like it really), but it is a problem for me, when I turn around the blade (from time to time I do this to irritate the opponent). In these moments the crystal presses in my hand).

I guess one could lever it out or just sand it down so it's flush with the metal tag.
That's what I am planning to do.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

That's what I am planning to do.

I'm sure you'll protect the tag with adhesive tape before sanding. And please send some of your amazing pictures to show us the result!
Join the Nexy Clan!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 10:54am
I put the black rubber on the wrong side (the ash side) but I still sometimes test it properly, just not in this video - lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHevu0eiqhU
Cybershape Carbon
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 12:55pm

First impressions: yes, there IS a different feeling between forehand and backhand.
I clearly prefer the forehand-feeling. This new outer veneer is really nice. Thumbs Up

The feeling is very good, but over all the speed is a bit too low for me with Karis M.
I would recommend MX-P in max thickness, plays really smooth and easy to control as opposed to when I tried it on ALC blades
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

I would recommend MX-P in max thickness, plays really smooth and easy to control as opposed to when I tried it on ALC blades

Or if you just want a small increase in speed (and spin) with a rubber more similar to Karis M (not in feel, but in the linear behavior, stability in block, and the non bouncy short game) maybe MX-S? (I need more time with MX-S, but so far I fear it’s a bit of a Karis killer, even more so considering it’s cheaper..)

Edited by ohwell - 02/20/2018 at 1:15pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 2:06pm

Or if you just want a small increase in speed (and spin) with a rubber more similar to Karis M (not in feel, but in the linear behavior, stability in block, and the non bouncy short game) maybe MX-S? (I need more time with MX-S, but so far I fear it’s a bit of a Karis killer, even more so considering it’s cheaper..)
MX-S isn't a great rubber for FH if you are an aggressive looper rather it is good for brushing the ball mainly and countering/block as it is low throw, ELP/Aurus Prime would be better (but it depends on your game)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 2:16pm
SmackDAT,

Do I strike you as a passive Looper?

Cybershape Carbon
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 3:39pm
Doesnt high throw allow you to loop passively
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 4:07pm

MX-S isn't a great rubber for FH if you are an aggressive looper rather it is good for brushing the ball mainly and countering/block as it is low throw, ELP/Aurus Prime would be better (but it depends on your game)

I didn't mean to stir up the MX-S thread conversation all over again.  My suggestion for Magic_M was in relation to Karis specifically, which many players find to have a lot of similarities with MX-S.

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2018 at 4:09pm
I will test it with Victas V>15 Extra. With my Viscaria it was a bit too fast for me, but V15E could be a good combination with the Arche. MX-P may also be an option. Thanks for this advice.

Edited by Magic_M - 02/21/2018 at 6:15pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2018 at 7:36pm
Some clips of my testing in pre match training today, plays well but lacks the extra zip for forehand counters and finishes that I'm used to with alc blades, plays well otherwise

https://youtu.be/G86sNd8JehU

https://youtu.be/gfqqzYeISjk

Edited by SmackDAT - 02/21/2018 at 7:38pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2018 at 3:42am
I like your flexible OFF attacking game S-Dat. No one ought to expect Arche (or the Kim Jung Hoon it was based on) to be a juggernaut of top end pace like many ALC blades. I think the Arche is well suited to your ability to spin and keep landing shots.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2018 at 3:05pm
Today I removed the part of the crystal, which looks out of the handle.

but unfortunately I did not work perfect, because I also removed a little bit of the Nexy imprint.

but to be honest, I prefer the better feeling in my hand over the perfect look of the lens. Wink
It is not easy to sand the crystal without damaging the blade, 
because it is roundish and hard to cover during the sanding-process. 
Maybe it is easier to remove the complete crystal and fill the hole with a black filling-material. 

Edited by Magic_M - 02/24/2018 at 3:06pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

SmackDAT,

Hi, I meant to say if you are are not an aggressive looper or you prefer to brush the ball over hitting through the sponge, in my opinion you are more of a brush looper? So I think it's well suited to you even though you are aggressive, you are not like the new generation that love to hit through the sponge for example many England top level players like drinkhall? (or just many young tournament players I see)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2018 at 7:49pm

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

SmackDAT,

Hi, I meant to say if you are are not an aggressive looper or you prefer to brush the ball over hitting through the sponge, in my opinion you are more of a brush looper? So I think it's well suited to you even though you are aggressive, you are not like the new generation that love to hit through the sponge for example many England top level players like drinkhall? (or just many young tournament players I see)

There is a sense in which you are right but I think if you play with very hard sponge, you have to brush anyways, what you are complaining about is the ease of getting a quality spin drive and that is not just a matter of equipment or technique, it's also about physical strength.
Cybershape Carbon
doushikunlun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doushikunlun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2018 at 12:35am
I am not familiar with Nexy, but I am inrerested in Arche. Does nexy usually have a sale for their blades? Or will it always be full price?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2018 at 2:15am
Arche just hit the market and the US Distributor (you might run across him (1/2 of the US distributor team) sometimes if you are in California) just got a few. Right now, as for blades on sale, only the Calix series are on sale here in USA. Arche is not on discount sale yet, but give it some months, you never know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic