FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

broke my Bat !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: broke my Bat !!!
    Posted: 11/05/2017 at 1:03pm
After 20 years my beloved WRB classic has broken. Playing with an Alser allround at the moment. Interestingly, I caught it on a table surround, the handle just completely separated, but at the join their was virtually no wood left, I had glued the handle to the shank so many times with superglue, I just think it had deteriorated the wood.  Not keen on modern blades, hence the Alser.
The Older I get, The better I was.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2017 at 1:06pm
You were using only one blade for 20 years???????????????? I ADMIRE YOU!!! I REALLY do!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2017 at 2:02pm
Good. So now you can go buy a Timo Boll Spirit. I know several older players who use this blade as it plays like a more spirited Alser/Stiga Allround, so they say.
>60yo, 60lbs overweight

Darker Speed 90 + Tibhar EL-S / EL-S

When all else fails, there is always delusion.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2017 at 4:23pm
Stiga Alser Allround has simillarities with a timo boll spirit?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2017 at 4:36pm
Damn that's bad luck.
I also just broke my sweet palio king yue today :( Punched the edge of it straight into the corner of the table and got a shower of splinters with the top layer of wood separating from the carbon layer underneath :/
Luckily it costs only $20 so I ordered 3 more just in case. Haha.

Say, what's a good glue to use on these things? I would like to repair it if possible

Edited by Lightzy - 11/05/2017 at 4:36pm
Blades:
Palio King Yue (82g), Liu Shiwen ZLF (84g)

FH Rubber: 729 Battle II
BH Rubber: 729 Battle II
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2017 at 4:44pm
I've found delimaination to carbon or burnt wood layers a problem to fix. If it is strong enough to fix it, the blade feels rubbish afterwards.

RIP my nexy peterpan
(\__/)
(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

After 20 years my beloved WRB classic has broken. Playing with an Alser allround at the moment. Interestingly, I caught it on a table surround, the handle just completely separated, but at the join their was virtually no wood left, I had glued the handle to the shank so many times with superglue, I just think it had deteriorated the wood.  Not keen on modern blades, hence the Alser.

might be finally time to pickup an OSP virtuoso. it's my backup for my 1990's Yasaka Extra.

158? 159mm? be careful when sealing it as too little and you will get splinters and too much and it will mute some of the great feel.

US1260.RC952 . Yasaka Gatien Extra : Target National + Rasant
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2017 at 9:38pm
Fixed it with some glue no problem :>
Blades:
Palio King Yue (82g), Liu Shiwen ZLF (84g)

FH Rubber: 729 Battle II
BH Rubber: 729 Battle II
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 4:28pm
The Alser is Ok , but I am seriously considering the boll spirit .
The Older I get, The better I was.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic