Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Palio Thor's vs Yinhe Big Dipper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palio Thor's vs Yinhe Big Dipper
    Posted: 12/03/2017 at 7:04am
Anyone still use the Palio Thor's today?
Sponsored Links

Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2017 at 8:06pm
729 Battle II, I think, is the best of both these worlds. If you had to choose between the two, then Battle II is kind of exactly between the two :)

Well, not exactly, it is more traditional chinese and comes at 45 or 47 hardness, but it has definite catapult
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Thor's is a lot faster and the quality control is better.  BD is cheaper.  There are a few new tacky ESN rubbers as well if you want some other options.

Which ones are the best tacky alternatives to BD from ESN in your opinion?

Thanks
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2017 at 7:35am
http://ttnpp.com/store/german-style/444-palio-thor-s-made-in-germany-6.html

Thor's on sale for $24. I used it years ago and thought it was much softer than 54 degrees.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2017 at 3:14am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Thor's is a good rubber, and is very spinny with the old or new balls. It's a German Tensor, so I don't think it's really comparable to the Chinese-made BD, but for some people it seems to be a decent alternative. The new Joola Golden Tango is another good option, it's also a Tensor with a hard sponge and tacky topsheet, but the topsheet is softer.

Thanks for the insight, Thor's listed hardness is at 54 degrees. Feels more like 47 or 48 I think, do you think it's around that hardness? Kinda confusing.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2017 at 12:12am
Thor's is a good rubber, and is very spinny with the old or new balls. It's a German Tensor, so I don't think it's really comparable to the Chinese-made BD, but for some people it seems to be a decent alternative. The new Joola Golden Tango is another good option, it's also a Tensor with a hard sponge and tacky topsheet, but the topsheet is softer.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Thors and big copper are similar. I am not sure I agree that third is an upgrade. Off the table, punter looping topspins, thors was very unpredi-i found big copper much better at that stroke. Thors does have better quality control imo.

I see, good point. But what do you think about it with the 40+ ball? As all the reviews I've seen here are with the 40 cell ball. Many thanks.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2017 at 11:31am
Thors and big copper are similar. I am not sure I agree that third is an upgrade. Off the table, punter looping topspins, thors was very unpredi-i found big copper much better at that stroke. Thors does have better quality control imo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2017 at 9:18am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Thor's is a lot faster and the quality control is better.  BD is cheaper.  There are a few new tacky ESN rubbers as well if you want some other options.

I see, so it's alright to consider Thor's an upgrade over BD? The Hadou 40+ in 42-44 hardness is actually really good. Plays like a T05 that's slightly softer but with some tack. Topsheet feels a bit too soft at times for my taste, though I loved it when I played it with my Drinkhall Offensive Classic. 
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2017 at 9:05am
Thor's have a great speed and super spinney. I like Thor's a lot.
Blade, Rubbers, Shoes, Socks ...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2017 at 7:41am
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2017 at 7:38am
I vote for Thor's
Blade, Rubbers, Shoes, Socks ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2017 at 7:17am
How's Palio Thor's vs Yinhe Big Dipper for the Plastic Ball? Just curious on your thoughts, as Thor's used to be a big hit here and now I don't see it being mentioned anymore... I currently use Thor's on a custom 5ply blade.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic