Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Pictures & Videos > Videos

Getting Schooled By My Own Students

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Schooled By My Own Students
    Posted: 11/11/2017 at 6:27am
I played a doubles match for the first time with some of my students yesterday.

We started off okay, but by the end the momentum of the other two got the better of my partner and I.

Very fun match (I think my partner was kind of sad because she's been in a slump recently). You can see how happy the other two were as they started to get the points.

The 2 girls I was playing against specialize in doubles. The girl without glasses uses long pimples on her backhand (black). Off memory she changed to no sponge awhile back, but she might have changed back to sponge. I didn't check the rubber. My partner doesn't usually play doubles (she competes in singles only).

I can beat any of them pretty easily in a singles match. That said, I legitimately lost this time hehe.

I didn't include most of the match. I'm not posting this for people to analyse the play. I just hope others enjoy watching it as much as I did playing it.

balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2017 at 11:13am
you teach all of them to play? from the beginning? How long have they played table tennis? They actually look good.
Playing with these girls must be a lot of fun, they are so enthusiastic.
pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2017 at 11:57am
School uniform? Even shoes are the same...
USATT: 1725
BTY Defense Alpha - Rasant Beat - Cloud & Fog OX
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2017 at 12:13pm
what's the screaming noise for before each point ?
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
mickd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2017 at 10:37pm
@balldance They were all complete beginners (like never held a racket) 1.5 years ago. And thanks :) I do teach them, but I'm not their main coach.

All middle school clubs in Japan practice whatever they choose for roughly 10 hours a week at school. Plus these girls also visit the local club for 1.5 hours twice a week.

@pgpg Minus the girl wearing table tennis shorts, they're wearing their school P.E. shorts, but the top isn't uniform. It's their school table tennis club shirt. They also bought matching shoes when they first joined the club.

@viva The screaming is important in Japan. If you don't make a sound like that before each point, or say "nice ball", "lucky", "nice course", "nice serve", etc, while playing, it means you have a bad attitude. They are taught to do it. By western standards it might seem strange or rude, but in Japan it's normal.

Maybe I'm used to it now, but I actually like that the students do it. Shows that they care, and it helps to keep them motivated during the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic