FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Chinese rubber diversity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese rubber diversity
    Posted: 11/11/2017 at 1:58pm
I live in the US but have been to China once. My question is why there are SO many chinese rubber companies and brands??? Almost every Chinese person I have played either use double happiness (usually H3) or butterfly. I am not sure I have seen a Chinese person use a non-DHS chinese style rubber. I am sure my sampling is low and that the population of China is huge, but it still mystifies me. 
Anyone have an idea?
Sponsored Links

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2017 at 5:29am
To copy their hero's
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:12am
People in China usually have less money and therefore some can't afford the more expensive H3s or Butterfly. People outside of China usually earn more money (in the western countries) and therefore money is not an issue.
inamiken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inamiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2017 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

People in China usually have less money and therefore some can't afford the more expensive H3s or Butterfly. People outside of China usually earn more money (in the western countries) and therefore money is not an issue.

Your opinion is absolutely wrong ,in china, some old man play ping pong to exercise.They have no high skills just play so they needn't expensive tt equipments.

Now there are many yong fever tt fans ,they spend a lot of money on tt.In my club,every member has more than 5000 dollars tt equipments on average.

One man use H3N this month,next month he would use H3N blue sponge or T05 is very common.

Edited by inamiken - 11/12/2017 at 7:28am
wechat: 1044120794
DHS Stiga Xiom Tibhar Andro professional supplier
My Feedback
inamiken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote inamiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2017 at 7:27am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I live in the US but have been to China once. My question is why there are SO many chinese rubber companies and brands??? Almost every Chinese person I have played either use double happiness (usually H3) or butterfly. I am not sure I have seen a Chinese person use a non-DHS chinese style rubber. I am sure my sampling is low and that the population of China is huge, but it still mystifies me. 
Anyone have an idea?

As the friend smackman said "To copy their hero's " is one reason. Yong tt fans like following suit all over the world not only in china. There are Seventy percent of chinese tt fans prefer Hurricane 3 than Germany or Japanese rubbers.Hurricane series are a tradition that Chinese players have formed in their long-term sports career.So Tibhar and Xiom had launched products similar to Hurricane for the Chinese market, which is K1 and Vega china.
Another reason is that we chinese players make spin quite different from the European players.European players hit the ball more than frictionate.We are just the opposite that we use a lot of the thin friction so the hurricane rubbers which has viscosity is more helpful for us to make spin.
I hope you can understand that, thank you !
To Fabian1890 friend, there is no lowliness or nobleness with tt equipments。Different equipments are suitable for different people.
wechat: 1044120794
DHS Stiga Xiom Tibhar Andro professional supplier
My Feedback
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by inamiken inamiken wrote:

As the friend smackman said "To copy their hero's " is one reason. Yong tt fans like following suit all over the world not only in china. There are Seventy percent of chinese tt fans prefer Hurricane 3 than Germany or Japanese rubbers.Hurricane series are a tradition that Chinese players have formed in their long-term sports career.So Tibhar and Xiom had launched products similar to Hurricane for the Chinese market, which is K1 and Vega china.
Another reason is that we chinese players make spin quite different from the European players.European players hit the ball more than frictionate.We are just the opposite that we use a lot of the thin friction so the hurricane rubbers which has viscosity is more helpful for us to make spin.
I hope you can understand that, thank you !
To Fabian1890 friend, there is no lowliness or nobleness with tt equipments。Different equipments are suitable for different people.

This is my understanding, but I also understand that most club players in China boost the Hurricane rubber unless it comes pre-boosted. Is this your understanding?
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2017 at 9:48pm
My question is not why they use H3, but rather why there are SO MANY chinese style options. They must sell or they would not be in business. 
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 2:05pm
Last bump. Why are there geonte, huarite, HRT, 999, triple 9, three sword, sword, as infinitum when almost all Chinese player use DHS?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 2:08pm

Last bump. Why are there geonte, huarite, HRT, 999, triple 9, three sword, sword, as infinitum when almost all Chinese player use DHS?

because amateurs cant train like that and lack the skills
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 2:17pm

Talking to my friends visiting from China (going to college), TT is not that big in China compared to football (soccer) and basketball (they are from Shanghai), and most recreational players have no idea about DHS and don't care. China is a huge country with lots of recreational (non-club players) and they will buy rackets like others will buy a recreational football.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

Talking to my friends visiting from China (going to college), TT is not that big in China compared to football (soccer) and basketball (they are from Shanghai), and most recreational players have no idea about DHS and don't care. China is a huge country with lots of recreational (non-club players) and they will buy rackets like others will buy a recreational football.

table tennis is not popular in shanghai unlike guanzhou tianjin.you cant even find a tt store in shanghai
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic