FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

French table tennis forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: French table tennis forum
    Posted: 11/13/2017 at 11:27am
I ran across this French table tennis forum at:

French table tennis forum

What's interesting about this forum is there number of professionals and league players that participate in n some very long discussions. I waded through two 500+ long threads on Mantra and Rozena and found them quite interesting though I had to put on my cryptography hat to decipher Google's translations.

One thing I noted was the frequent interest in 1.7, 1.9 control rubbers and less interest in Max.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 3:01am
Very nice atmosphere there. Very active and supportive of their countrymen. Good to see French table tennis still going strong. I like the minimalist forum interface. Very clean and advanced, by using AJAX.

Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

found them quite interesting though I had to put on my cryptography hat to decipher Google's translations.

chickens...
Quote The places for the final painting will be expensive. There are 46 chickens so logically 92 qualified after the chickens.
There are 16 places in the final table so it will at least win 2 more games and even a 3rd for some.

Edited by zeio - 11/14/2017 at 3:02am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 7:06am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Very nice atmosphere there. Very active and supportive of their countrymen. Good to see French table tennis still going strong. I like the minimalist forum interface. Very clean and advanced, by using AJAX.

Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

found them quite interesting though I had to put on my cryptography hat to decipher Google's translations.

chickens...
Quote The places for the final painting will be expensive. There are 46 chickens so logically 92 qualified after the chickens.
There are 16 places in the final table so it will at least win 2 more games and even a 3rd for some.

The French, bless them, have always had a reputation for wit and elegance.  And now, thanks to Google's translator, inscrutability has been added to the list.  46 chickens so logically 92 qualified after the chickens?  Mon Dieu!
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 9:39am
As a French guy I hang out there regularly. Chicken( “poule”) means round robin. Feel free to pm me questions to save yourself time if you’re eager to understand something obscure.
I recommend www.matostt.com for tt material (Matos is a slang word for material). They own falco I think. I like their motto that makes fun of Borko:”without good material, power is nothing.” (Borko uses the tyre ad “power is nothing without control.” For his blades).

Edited by fatt - 11/14/2017 at 9:42am
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

As a French guy I hang out there regularly. Chicken( “poule”) means round robin. Feel free to pm me questions to save yourself time if you’re eager to understand something obscure.
I recommend www.matostt.com for tt material (Matos is a slang word for material). They own falco I think. I like their motto that makes fun of Borko:”without good material, power is nothing.” (Borko uses the tyre ad “power is nothing without control.” For his blades).

Das beste, oder nichts.  Wait a minute.  That's not French, is it?  I think it means, if you're gonna have chicken, eat good chicken, or don't eat anything at all.
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Thanks fatt!

I was wondering whether you notice differences in approaches between the players who frequent there different forums. Two things I noticed right away was that there were more league players on the French forum and most of their attention focused on their league seasons. Also, it seemed that they leaned toward more conservative approaches to equipment, e.g. more control type play with 1.7, 1.9 rubber, wood blades, etc.

I was only on the forum for a couple of days, so I wanted to ask you about your observations.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 6:02pm
I agree, they are like Andysmith in UK, it’s all about the season/league with testing when it’s over. They are MUCH more serious than here where it’s testing all year long lol. You are right about racket speed and sponge thickness: there is a strong culture of considering slow blades with 1.8 or 2.0 all the way to expert level. With my level, violin and R47 2.0 on both sides, I’m borderline stupid to a lot of those serious, training hard and respectable peeps.

Edited by fatt - 11/14/2017 at 8:31pm
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic