Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Improve Return Game - Backhand Return

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Improve Return Game - Backhand Return
    Posted: 11/18/2017 at 8:30am
Hello i want too improve my backhand return game, i hope you could help me.

My Opponent serve with his backhand to my backhand or middle. Always half long or a little bit longer, sometimes the ball shots to me very fast (the opponent throws the ball very little like lebesson hight, this should not take credit from his serve because it had very high backspin)

i return 90 percent with my backhand ciquita (mostly with sidespin) it is a reflex and goes mostly good, but here i had problems to read the amount of spin and mostly put it into the net when i used it over the table , i made mistake after mistake,

i lost confidence, and in the last set i was mostly passive, than he mixed his service and served topspin with his backhand and i put it out of the table.

after the first set i let the ball come to me and spin it up with a backhand loop (instead of return over the table) but i was not trained to these very good, what would you give me for an advice to put more balls on the table, should i push more and topspin more and let the ciquita away against this dangerous service or should i have been more agressive/spin (wait for the ball to come at me ) it up instead of using the flick over the table ?

thank you very much
Sponsored Links

LearnerDriverLicence View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearnerDriverLicence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2017 at 8:55pm
Based on that info, I think a side step to the backhand side to perform a forehand loop (with racquet angle adjusting to degree of opponent's spin) would be a good idea.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2017 at 9:19pm
Seems the problem here that your opponent is changing the spin on every serve. As it should be done.
If the serve is very low to the net, then yes I can see how the chiquita flick might be difficult to do.
You're going to need to experiment a little. Contact the ball more to the side and put more sidespin maybe. Or open the racket a little more and more upward to clear the net, IDK since Im not there.

But it all starts with READING the serve better!

If the serve goes long, then there is no question....you have to loop that!! Either BH or FH.
You can still experiment a little and put some sidespin to your loops, see what happens!

This is supposed to be fun, so have fun experimenting and see what works. If the balls end up on the net, well you need to brush up a little more. Just keep trying!!

FdT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic