FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rasanter vs Tenergy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rasanter vs Tenergy
    Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:00pm
Can anyone tell which Rasanter version and thickness is closest to T05? T64? T80?

And is it worth it? or better to get Tibhar evolution?

Edited by kurokami - 11/19/2017 at 9:01pm
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Sponsored Links

ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2017 at 10:37pm
R47 in 2mm thickness is a good substitute to T80. The contact is a little more direct on R47, but the spin and speed are better/same as compared to T80.
In Max thickness, R47 can be an alternative to T05, but not a substitute. T05 has a capture and sling-out feeling which R47 does not have. R47 is a bit more direct.

R47 and R50 are both a step up from the Evolution series in my opinion. The R50 in 2mm is a very good FH rubber for a player who drives more and loops less and does not go belong 4-5 feet from the table.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2017 at 11:55pm
does that mean it's harder to grip the ball vs tenergy?
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 12:00am
In my opinion the r47 is clearly more close to hurricane neo than tenergy
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 2:36am
I personally havent tested rasanter, but our very good player said, that rasanter is baby toy in comparison with tenergy /no spin, only speed/. He doesnt see difference between rasanter and other esn rubber/only weird feeling because of very thin topsheet/
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

does that mean it's harder to grip the ball vs tenergy?

No, it is not harder to grip the ball. The contact is just a bit more direct.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 4:21pm
Interesting topic to me as I've just gone back to Tenergy 05 from Rasanter R47 max.  For several years I used the old Rasant series--Grip and Powergrip--and loved them, but I could not take to Rasanter.  Very hard to lift balls unless you get everything exactly right.  The top sheet feels hard and...kind of dead?  Yes, it's a great attacking rubber when you engage the sponge and really swing--more direct than Tenergy as said above, and maybe a tad faster--but with a lower, less forgiving throw angle than Tenergy or the old Rasants.  

Since it was on sale in the UK and the exchange rate euro/£ has become more forgiving as well, I went back to Tenergy after maybe 5 years and am loving it.  A different, and better beast than Rasanter altogether.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Why would R50 2.0 be not good beyond 4 or 5 feet from the table? Getting there, ultramax? Is ultramax R50 awful for the average club player?
Ultramax R50 is for Gauzy class only I read here and there.

Max R50 is too heavy. 53g cut to BTY head size. 2mm is 48g, so it's manageable.
The arc on the R50 is a bit direct on medium contact.
You could certainly play farther away with it, it's a powerful rubber, but R47 max is also good from far off, where you lift the ball more than driving it.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 9:04pm
Nobody use v47?
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Nobody use v47?

i was considering it since akifumi used it really well in the wrm video but some people said in forums just use r47 instead of v47??
Viscaria
H3N/T05
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 9:37pm
It looks like for bh v47 better then r47. Or I am wrong?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2017 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

It looks like for bh v47 better then r47. Or I am wrong?
I have tried a borrowed V47 sheet but only briefly.
V47 has a bit more softer topsheet like T64 but it is a FLATTER rubber. With R47, there is a higher arc which allows you to get the ball on the table with some spin even if you are late to the ball.
With V47 you need to get to the ball early. If punching through the ball and countering quickly or aoff the bounce is your thing, V47 will suit you better.
...but for most people who are late to the ball and not quick enough over the table, R47 is a better option.
I changed to R47 2mm after playing with T64 MAX for 2 years. I tried Rakza 7, V15 Limber, V15, EL-S, EL-P, MX-P, Fastarc C1, Fastarc G1, Baracuda, R42, TG3 60, V42, V47 and a some more on the way but R47 just fit my game better. I would say I am even happier than I was with T64, which lost its zing after 2-3 weeks of play.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2017 at 4:29am
[
I have played with V47 and to me it was quite nice rubber with very low throw. It reminds me a lot of Donic Acuda blue P1.
QUOTE=piligrim] Nobody use v47?[/QUOTE]
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2017 at 9:13am
I play with V47 2.0mm bothside on a carbonado 190.
Rubbers are now 6 months old and they still grip the ball very good however there is some speed % loss.I dont reglue or tune them they have been setuped on this blade and never have been reglued.

I can easily say that the combination is very controllable and i am very happy with it.
I am not planning to go back to tenergy.
:)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 10:34pm
I tested R47 Ultramax and it has that same slippage problem with new ESN rubbers. Hopefully it breaks in and plays fine later. It's not brick hard like some rubbers, but still a bit on the hard side. Definitely takes some punch to grip the ball new out of the package. It is at least as fast as Tenergy.

One interesting aspect was I flipped like I usually do and the return comes out higher so it has higher throw. 

I ended up using it on the backhand side for now. Hopefully it breaks in quickly like the G-1. If I had to pick again, I'd go with the R42 but maybe I'll get used to it with a bit more play. 

def did not come out as easy as akifumi made it look. LOL 

*starting to adapt. topspin rallies are just about there. requires really good technique and fast movement. slightly off - balance = miss. but man this thing is fast, faster than tenergy.

Edited by kurokami - 12/22/2017 at 12:02am
Viscaria
H3N/T05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic