FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New 2017 Xiom Feel Series Blades!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 2017 Xiom Feel Series Blades!!!
    Posted: 11/23/2017 at 7:37am
Big thanks to Xiom, Megaspin.net and Pingpongonline.com in making this review possible.

I will be posting the blades by each batch for their reviews.. all blades were tested with Xiom Omega V Euro DF rubbers plus Globe 999 National and PF4 rubbers. Water - Based glue was used.

Xiom Feel HX Pro and HX Blade

HX Pro:  7.1mm thick, Kiso Hinoki outer; 89 grams; stiff

HX: 6.8mm thick, Kiso Hinoki outer; 88 grams; medium stiff

The Hx Pro blade is the thickest blade in the Xiom Feel Series. It is about 7.1mm thick but it is not the heaviest blade, rather it is the Feel SX blade. The Feel series blades are being marketed by Xiom as their next generation blades. Their previous blades like the Omega or Vega series are not as numerous compared to the Feel series which has 8 blades to choose from! The outer plies of the HX Pro is said to be a high quality Kiso Hinoki that is 200 years old+. Xiom says that they are trying to get higher qualities of their products in the market compared to their past products and also can even compete with Butterfly. The HX version is a thinner version of the HX Pro with the same Kiso Hinoki outer plies. I am assuming that only these 2 blades have the Kiso Hinoki outers because other blades in the Feel series do not have the Kiso Hinoki label in the blade surface. Both blades have a slightly wider wing part compared to older models like the Omega or Vega Series blades. The handles of the 2 blades are thicker by a millimeter. Usually, when I measured the older blades they have, the handle thickness is just 25mm+. With the HX Pro it is 26mm+ and the HX version almost at 26mm. The wing or neck part of the balde needs to be sanded slightly but this is not a big problem. Both blades have thick Kiso Hinoki Outer plies.

In terms of speed, the HX Pro is labeled as OFF but it is as good as OFF+. It is fast enough to be OFF+ in speed. The speed is on par with the Xiom Ignito but the HX pro seems to have a harder, more solid feel. The Ignito that I had was 83 grams. If on a powerscale The HX Pro’s power is a solid 9/10 while Ignito is an 8/10. It is probably the extra thickness that gives the solidity of the shots and also the catapult of the ball. Still the HX Pro is slower than the Xiom Axelo. I would put the speed of the HX Pro at the level of Primorac Carbon which is already an off+ blade. Axelo is still the fastest balde of Xiom in my opinion. The HX version is a toned down version of the HX Pro and it has control written all over it. The HX version is thinner and definitely slower than the HX Pro but still plenty fast. I would compare the speed of the HX version as slightly faster than the Stradivarius but slower than the Ignito. For other brands, the HX version is as fast as or slightly faster than the Timo Boll ALC with a more solid feel.

In terms of control, both the HX pro and HX blades have a fairly amount of control. It is not hard to control these two blades since they do not seem to be blindingly fast but rather have the acceptable amount of control. The HX Pro is more controllable than the Ignito or Axelo and has a better control than the Primorac Carbon. The HX version can be everybody’s carbon blade because it is that just good of an offensive carbon blade. The one who used it aside from me even commented that it has the same control of a Timo Boll Alc but has a slightly different feel because of the different composite materials used.

In terms of looping, the HX Pro can still loop good but it is more specialized in power looping. Near the table it seems to be fitted for loop driving and taking the ball at the peak of the bounce or off the bounce. The HX pro is good in overpowering the opponent’s underspin  return but it is even better doing counter looping or counter spins mid-distance from the table or far from the table. The HX Pro’s speed puts it really at mid-distance to far from the table if you attack the ball with spin. The HX version is good for spinning mostly near and mid-distance from the table. Near the table, it is good to loop with because of the control and not fearing the ball overshooting the table but the HX version is best at middle distance. If you want to play far from the table, you would probably need a faster rubber like the Omega V Pro. The one I used for the test for both blades and other Feel blades is the Xiom Omega Euro DF.

Overall, I am greatly satisfied and impressed with both blades with a little bit of inclination with the HX version because I am the type of guy who does not want very fast blades. However, people who look for power in a blade would get the HX Pro version. Also, I would recommend using Medium or medium soft rubbers for the HX Pro because the medium-hard Xiom Omega V Euro seems to feel too hard for this blade. The HX version is fine with any rubber from soft to hard because it does not feel as the stiff and hard as the thicker HX Pro version. Both baldes also have little to minimal amount of vibration. 

Xiom ZX1, ZX2 and ZX3 Blades

ZX1 

ZX2

ZX3

The ZX blades are a major improvement when compared to the older Hayabusha series. The ZX blades are advertised by Xiom as totally different blades when compared to the Hayabusha series. While the Hayabusha blades have this flashy look and design, the ZX Feel series have opted to have the simple yet elegant design for each blade. I would like to point out that in the website of Xiom, the ZX1 has a Hinoki outer ply but in reality the ZX1 has a colored limba outer ply instead which I think is probably heat treated like the Donic Burn blades before but not 100% sure. The ZX2 and ZX3 are indeed hinoki outer ply blades. Though the ZX2 and 3 do not have a Kiso Hinoki mark on their blade surface, the Xiom website indicate that both blades have Kiso Hinoki. As what the handles of the HX blades, the ZX blades also have a bigger

So what are their differences in speed? Both the ZX3 and ZX2 are at off+ levels. They are pretty fast. The ZX3 is the fastest among the 3 blades. If I compare it to the HX Pro, they seem to be toe to toe in terms of speed even if the HX Pro is a thicker blade. As what I have compared the HX Pro’s speed before, it is below the speed of Sardius or Amultart and also Schlager Carbon. So I will place the speed of the ZX3 below those Butterfly blades mentioned but faster than Gergely or Primorac Carbon if not equal. The ZX2 is close to the HX’s speed but the HX is slightly faster. The ZX2 is still a powerful blade. If I compare it to blades from other brands, the ZX2 is marginally faster than Viscaria or Timo Boll ALC but lower than a Super Jun Mizutani blade. Xiom Ignito is faster than the ZX2 or 3. The ZX1 however is somewhat slower compared to other blades of Xiom Feel Series. The ZX1 having a limba outerply with innermost Z-Carbon sandwiching the central core (the picture depicted in the Xiom website has hinoki but it has limba in reality), is slower than a viscaria but has an almost equal speed than the Innerforce ALC. It is rated as an OFF blade and not an OFF+ blade. Still, it has plenty of speed.

Of the 3 blades, the ZX3 is the one with the least flex, the ZX2 with some flex and with the ZX1 with plenty of flex. The ZX1 loops best among the 3 ZX blades, the ZX2 being balanced on both power and spinning capabilities while the ZX3 is much better for power shots. The ZX3 is particular about the skillset of the person using it to loop the ball. If you have a skill for looping or loop driving, the ZX3 will reward you with great shots and power but it needs somewhat of an advanced level to fully utilize it. The ZX3 has a medium to low arc when looping. The ZX2 is a balanced looping or loop driving blade. At least the ZX2 can be used by players of lower levels like an intermediate level player. It is much more forgiving compared to the ZX3 in terms of shots. While the ZX3 needs a person to have precise set of skills to spin or attack the ball, the ZX2 has better control and is more forgiving if you for example have not executed your stroke full. The ZX2 has medium arc when looping. The ZX1 is sometimes, puzzling because it feels more woody than being a composite blade. This is not a bad thing because this is for people who want a faster blade than just an all wood blade but does not want a sacrifice of the wood feel, the ZX1 is an excellent blade for them. The ZX1 has a medium arc when looping. I have tried both the Xiom Omega V Europe and a Chinese rubber on the blade. Both rubbers can loop really great when using the ZX1.

For smashing, counter driving away from the table and even blocking, I would give the edge to the ZX3 but the ZX2 is slightly better in terms of control. ZX1 is above average for smashing but I can feel its power only up to mid-distance from the table even with fast rubbers. The ZX1 is best close to the table. The ZX2 is again the balanced blade which is good in all 3 distances from the table. The ZX3 is just a wrecking machine when it comes to hard topspins and smashes. People who choose to have speed and power but do not want to lose much control will sure love this blade.

All in all, the ZX3 seems to be the flagship blade of the Xiom Feel series. The other 2 are also very good but the ZX3 really stands out among the rest. It is a different blade compared to the old Hayabusha series. The ZX2 and ZX1 blades are also way different blades compared to their older counterparts. 

Xiom Feel SX
95 grams, 6.48mm, OFF+

The Xiom Feel SX has Anigre/Anegre top plies. Anegre is an African hardwood. When I compared the Janka hardness of Limba and Anegre, Anigre is substantially harder at around 700+ cmapred to the Janka value of Limba which is around 400+. This gives the SX a bit heavier weight due to having a denser and harder wood. The SX has a weight range of 95-99 grams according to Xiom and I got mine at 95 grams. The blades construction is superb and the Anegre’s surface seems to be semi smooth and not as smooth as Hinoki top plies of other Feel blades.

The blade is a heavy blade due to the choice of materials made for the rubber. Xiom said that they really intended the SX to be heavy and for me the 95 gram weight is not that I can handle easily if I use it with both inverted rubbers. With a long pimpled rubber then this set up is good. The blade is a solid attacking blade. It feels woody on impact. Although it is a basically a carbon-zephylium blade, it retains some feel. There are times that the SX can almost be as fast as the HX PRO but they kinda feel different on impact. The SX feels like a classic, hard 7 ply all wood from those old Chinese blades while the HX Pro feels like any modern hard-hitting blade.
If the SX had been lighter and thinner, maybe it would be more playable to a lot of folks. Well, it is either you really like heavy blades or you have a strong arm to play this set up fully. Xiom says their newer rubbers like Omega 7 Pro and Euro are lighter. My pro rubber is 45 grams cut to 150x157 and the euro is 43 grams cut to the same size. If I were to use the blade’s weight at 95 grams plus the 2 rubbers the total set-up weight it about 183 grams which is still on the heavy side. So I would recommend this maybe to attacking long pip players. One inverted on the forehand and one pips out rubber with thin or no sponge at all. I tried the SX with a 755 Long Pips and it worked perfectly fine. It can attack and block well with the LP on the bh side.It can chop block near the table but it cannot chop defensively even outside the table due to its raw power.

This is still a high-performance blade but it is heavy for most people unless they are combination racket players.

Xiom Feel S7
92-94 grams approx, 6.2mm, OFF, 7 ply all wood

The Feel S7 is the only all wood blade in the series. It has a koto outer plies with an unknown 2nd ply  and has a medium stiff feel. It feels less smooth than the Xiom Solo blade wherein it shares a lot of similarities especially in construction but they are quite different blades in terms of playing characteristics. The Feel S7 feels like a Xiom Solo in steroids. The Solo blade is made in China and this one is made in Japan. The Solo has flex especially when looping but the S7 feels more solid and has less flex. In fact it feels a bit harder than a Clipper wood. I would put it in between Clipper CC’s and Clipper CR’s stiffness and hardness. What the Xiom Solo lacked in power being a 7 ply blade, the Feel S7 has a lot and the difference in speed and power is a lot. The S7 is also a bit on the heavy side. Xiom says they designed this blade at this weight for the polyball. Again, like the SX blade, if you have the strong arm then this blade would be good for hard hitting strokes. The S7 is just a powerful blade that you can unleash your strokes but still maintain a good amount of control. The S7 can still spin very well but it is more suited more for speedy shots with a good amount of spin rather than a pure slow looping style.

Xiom Feel AX
84 grams, OFF, 6mm

I saved the best for last (my personal preference among all Feel blades but ZX3 and  ZX2 are awesome too). This is the cheapest composite blade among the Feel blades and if I am not mistaken this is in the range of the Xiom Quad V1 or Clipper CR. It is made in China but the quality is not inferior, although the Japan-made blades like the HX and ZX blades (with the exception of ZX1) have a better quality finish. Nevertheless, what made me fall in love with this blade is that it is blade with complete package. Yes, it is not as fast as a Viscaria because I would rate it as OFF and not an OFF+ blade but the speed is more than enough. I am biased about the feel but among the composite Feel blades, the AX  is the one that has best feel. It has little to no vibration. It has a thin 7 ply construction and it provides enough flex to loop the ball slowly and with great spin or loop drive the ball. In short, the AX is dynamic blade where you it can give you the spin you wanted in a blade or be a powerful attacking blade but maintains a good amount of control. I really like the Xiom Vega Euro blade even until today. They possess almost the same speed and control but the AX has more flex and the surface of the top plies are not as hard. The AX does not feel too hard but does not feel soft that it decreases your power. Also, a good bonus is the weight. The Blade ranges about 84-87 grams. Mine is 84 grams and when I paired it with a Xiom Omega VII Pro and Euro rubbers, the set up is light. Even with the Globe 999 national and Omega V euro rubbers before, the set up does not feel heavy and not even head heavy compared to other blades I had in the past. I think it is safe to say that the AX is the blade that was really unexpected and surprisingly good despite the cheaper price. This blade made me shift to a controlled composite blade due to me wanting a less physically demanding set up.

I would rate the blades objectively basing on performance, balance of speed and control, weight and feel (highest to lowest):

1.      ZX3

2.      ZX2

3.      HX Pro

4.      SX (if not for the weight this could have been number 2)

5.      AX

6.      HX

7.      ZX1

8.      S7

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:23am
Thanks for the review yogi_bear!

Were these blades provided by the company of were they purchased off the rack? Thanks.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:50am
provided by xiom through pingpongonline.com and megaspin.net. both stores helped me contact the marketing manager
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 9:02am
Thanks!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2017 at 10:13pm
updated the reviews. added zx blades. will add the thickness and weight later. need to find the paper where i wrote down the specs.

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2017 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

The ZX blades are a major improvement when compared to the older Hayabusha series.

And the major improvement is what, exactly?
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

The ZX blades are a major improvement when compared to the older Hayabusha series.

they do not feel like the old hayabusha series and they play better. some people would say the hayabusha series were mostly on the visual aspects only. the zx series are much better and not just so-so blades.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 2:39am

<p ="msonospacing"=""><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"">The
ZX blades are a major improvement when compared to the older Hayabusha series.
</span>

they do not feel like the old hayabusha series and they play better. some people would say the hayabusha series were mostly on the visual aspects only. the zx series are much better and not just so-so blades.

Lol! Ok, I'm sure these subjective-sentiments-spoken-as-fact are just coincidentally being said about the blade series currently available, and it wouldn't be vice versa if the Hayabusa series was just released instead.
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 3:05am
Yogi, is there any common features between ZX1 and Vega Pro, concerning outer limba ply?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 6:14am

<p ="msonospacing"=""><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"">The
</span>

Lol! Ok, I'm sure these subjective-sentiments-spoken-as-fact are just coincidentally being said about the blade series currently available, and it wouldn't be vice versa if the Hayabusa series was just released instead.

Disagree. I have tried the hayabusha blades and i did not like them one bit.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 6:15am
Originally posted by BaiMile BaiMile wrote:

Yogi, is there any common features between ZX1 and Vega Pro, concerning outer limba ply?

Sorry i only tried the vega euro

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 6:18am
I am a fan Of the stradi and vega euro blafes but never tbe hayabusha. They just feel different.

GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 7:42am
which from these 5 xiom feel do you find the best top 3 ?
which have a medium to high throw and a big sweetspot from these 5 blades and are relative fast (the zx3 has a low throw and is not so good for looping as the zx1 and zx2 right?) thank you very much

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 8:30am
I guess it is worth mentioning that Xiom claims that they are cutting up 250 year old Kiri Hinoki trees as part of their "marketing" plan for these new blades. I wrote to them trying to confirm this but never received a response. I'll take them at their word.

Edited by richrf - 11/29/2017 at 8:31am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 9:50am
Zx3 and feel ax are my personal choices.

GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 10:15am
Thank You very much, Do You test the feel sx too?

Are the zx2, zx1, sx Good for Looping too
I have the Innerforce Layer Alc as Main blade could the zx3 be an alternative or is IT to Low throw and not flexible enough

You Liked the carbonado 245/290 i hope the zx3 has More flex :))
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 11:08am

[DIV]<p ="msonospacing"=""><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"">The
</span>[/P][/DIV]

[DIV]
[/DIV][DIV]And the major improvement is what, exactly?[/DIV]

[DIV]
[/DIV][DIV]they do not feel like the old hayabusha series and they play better. some people would say the hayabusha series were mostly on the visual aspects only. the zx series are much better and not just so-so blades.[/DIV]

Lol! Ok, I'm sure these subjective-sentiments-spoken-as-fact are just coincidentally being said about the blade series currently available, and it wouldn't be vice versa if the Hayabusa series was just released instead. [IMG]smileys/smiley24.gif" align="middle[/IMG]

"Did like them one bit" = subjective sentiment. Your previous comments were said as fact. Hayabusa (not Hayabusha, btw) series has Koto outer, the Feel series has Hinoki outer. Of course they feel different.

Xiom sponsored this "review".
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 11:22am
theologian, of course. Unfortunately that's just the way things are when someone sends you something for free, it would take serious balls to put out a review to the internet that you didn't like it at all and wouldn't recommend it. Not honest, but it makes sense. I've yet to hear a review where a blade or rubber didn't have great spin or spin that was versatile across every type of shot. Or a serious discussion about something's drawbacks. That's why I take the publicly-published reviews lightly. It does take many sessions to accurately assess whether you really like equipment or not, and I wonder if those are accounted for in these reviews, though I doubt it. 

Edited by bard romance - 11/30/2017 at 11:23am
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 11:33am
Yogi, judging the pictures I have the impression that the neck of these blades are larger compared to other Xiom blades I tried (Strad, Extreme S, Zeta Offensive..). 

Do you have any info about it? Are the newer shapes different?
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

theologian, of course. Unfortunately that's just the way things are when someone sends you something for free, it would take serious balls to put out a review to the internet that you didn't like it at all and wouldn't recommend it. Not honest, but it makes sense. I've yet to hear a review where a blade or rubber didn't have great spin or spin that was versatile across every type of shot. Or a serious discussion about something's drawbacks. That's why I take the publicly-published reviews lightly. It does take many sessions to accurately assess whether you really like equipment or not, and I wonder if those are accounted for in these reviews, though I doubt it. 

I consider them to be infomercials.

Edited by the_theologian - 11/30/2017 at 2:39pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 11:37pm
If you have not tried the hayabusha series or even just heard the reviews of people about them then i encourage you to try someone else's zx's blades and.compare it to a hayabusha. Otherwise i am not the one making a blind assumption here.
Bard romance, is 3 weeks of testing not enough for you? I had these blades since 1st week of November.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

Not if you read reviews thoroughly and read between the lines. There are positive and negative aspects in a revirw. You just need to check them ou properly.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 11:57pm

</span>

"Did like them one bit" = subjective sentiment. Your previous comments were said as fact. Hayabusa (not Hayabusha, btw) series has Koto outer, the Feel series has Hinoki outer. Of course they feel different.

Xiom sponsored this "review".

"did not like them one bit", pls do not twist or change my words. Again, you are assuming something you did not see me saying. So what if the hayabusha wS released ahead? I have always voiced out my sentiments against the hayabusha before when people ask me both in pm and in public. Te reason for not liking the hayabusha is that it is just an average to above average blade and the wY it plays is not that great compared to the xiom vega euro which again i had all praise for the blade even wayyyyy before xiom sent me items. Again, please do not nitpick on me if you have not known my statements against blades that i hated and.i like before.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2017 at 12:08am
I mistyped there and meant to type it just as you wrote it,"did not like them one bit." I was intending to quote you directly and call it subjective, which it obviously is. Your answer for how the Feel series is a "major improvement" is because you like it better.

I get it, everything they put in your hands is going to be awesome. They aren't selling the Hayabusa (the fact you keep misspelling it makes me wonder if you're trolling) anymore so you're free to badmouth it.

I see these kinds of "reviews" in other industries.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2017 at 12:19am
By the way, it is pointless arguing about it unless you yourselves tried the blades in question. The moment you have fully tried them and compared them then we will talk.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2017 at 12:24am
Xiom does not produce the hayabusa but they are still being sold by stores plenty online. One store which a friend of mine owns. Your point is moot. I would agree there are subjectivity in reviews i get your point but if that will be our only basis for researching on each equipment then we should not believe everything se read. I always tell people to take my reviews with a grain of salt but pkease argue with me directly on the comparison Of items when you tried both. If not i am not the one who is being biased here.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2017 at 1:26am
Any tt equipment junkie is sure to have read a whole lot of yogi's reviews! Never once have I felt that he is trying to outright 'promote' any particular brand, he has reviewed stuff from a whole lot of different brands. Now coming to your statement as to why yogi has never said 'this thing is absolute garbage' is maybe because he has never reviewed any product that bad. Also, I don't know why, when someone states the negatives in a way that does not add any insult to the product, some people just don't seem pleased with it.

Iv owned both the Hayabusa zxi and the vega pro, in no way will I ever say the Hayabusa is a bad blade, it may not be perfect for professional play with a particular style, but it is definitely a good blade with a few positives and negatives. The vega pro was definitely a one up on the Hayabusa and here I'd definitely take yogi's words as they are regarding the xiom feel series. Also, only complaint I'd have about xiom blades is their handles, the logo on the handle is a sticker which just comes out after a while, and iv always found their handles to be a bit too thin.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2017 at 5:39am
Nv42. I agree. People should realize that there are lots of good blades in the market but they vary from average to very good blades depending on the user. Considering that formulas of blades have been recycled , i do not see why newer blades with the same or almost composition can be bad.

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2017 at 8:21am
Besides the variability in production of blades (as Baal often points out), I believe the biggest problem with initial reviews is that the blades and rubbers may be handpicked by the manufacturer providing them for reviews. In time, more opinions will be developed by different players with different tastes which will give a better overall picture.

Edited by richrf - 12/01/2017 at 8:22am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2017 at 8:59am
Thanks yogi.

I have ZX2 and ZX3 provided by TT11 for review. FWIW: my speed ratings agree with manufacturers and differ from yours: ZX2 is one class faster than ZX3 (ZX3 being a bit t slower than Viscaria).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic