Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 2017 Xiom Feel Series Blades!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 4:51pm
Thanks for the great review Yogi, I have tried many blades and for my game Koto outer plies feel so much better to me than Limber or Hinoki. I actually really dislike the feeling of the ball sinking into the wood before it leaves the bat (funny because I hear so many people looking for this quality in a blade). 

I currently play with a Viscaria (double inverted) and a Double Day Terminator ALC/ZLC (with OX pips on BH). 

I have recently purchased a couple of sheets of Rozena to concentrate in practice on my double inverted game. I play with my MX-P/OX pips setup in league matches and now that I have reached the top divisions of the two leagues I play in, my double inverted game isn't up to scratch because of years playing pips on BH. 

I was planning on putting the Rozena on my Viscaria, but have got an itch to potentially try the Vega Euro or Feel AX blades for this setup. 

To help me decide, could you rate them (Viscaria, Vega Euro, Feel AX) out of 10 relative to each other for:

Top Speed:
Catapult on low/medium impact:
Flex:
Size of Sweet Spot:
Handle/Grip Comfort:
Head Heaviness (5 being center balanced): 

I have tried loads of all wood and ZLF blades over the summer, I just can't get on with them now that I have been playing with ALC/ZLC blades for so long (my stroke has shortened to accommodate them). However, I need to retrain my backhand and also relearn serve returns (as with pips I can return anything without having to read the spin - hence buying the Rozena). I would really appreciate your input on the numbers to help me find a blade that has a really great power to control ratio and that will play ok with the somewhat mushy (compared to my usual MX-P) Rozena rubbers.

Thanks.

Edited by MydasDiablo - 12/21/2017 at 5:16pm
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 5:36am
Viscaria is faster than ax, ax has more gears. It can be slow when you need additional control but can be fast.if you need the power. Ax has more flex.feedback is almost the saMe but with the ax having a softer feel. I am shaving the neck part of the ax because the neck part seems to interfere with my grip. Viscaria has a more comfortable grip. Ax tend to be a 3/5 in balance with mode on the head
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 5:37am
One more thing, the metal logo at the sides of the handle needs to be sealed. They get discolored or tarnished easily by sweat.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 6:03am
Thanks Yogi, very helpful Smile

I read somewhere else that they had the same problem with the new handle design on the Feel series, it's a bit odd how they have done it. To be honest, that's a deal breaker for me as I am not into having to customise a blade. I get that they are designed mainly for a market of small handed players, but it irritates me nonetheless. 

That leaves the Vega Euro vs my Viscaria, which I guess is a question for another thread. I think the 158x152 head size is the deal breaker for me there, too head heavy and I have thin wrists. 

It's a real shame, from everything I have read about Xiom blades over the years people always love the performance, strange head and handle sizes and lack of finishing all of which effect comfort and balance seem to be the most common things people give them up for. That said, if you are willing to do a bit of customising, or go to a straight handle when you are used to flared etc, you can't deny their price/performance ratio is overall very attractive. I mean, the Vega Pro and Euro, similar to JM and JK SZLC, are around £70-£75 shipped to the UK from TT-Japan. 

Edited by MydasDiablo - 12/22/2017 at 6:06am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 11:55am
Xiom told me that they are doing something about the logo.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

One more thing, the metal logo at the sides of the handle needs to be sealed. They get discolored or tarnished easily by sweat.

Well, Atleast they put in a metal logo this time, my vega pro literally has a shiny sticker which comes out after a bit of use. Xiom handles really suck tbh, donic and tibhar have much better finish and usually thicker handles.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 12:23am
Yogi

Do you know if these ST handles is close to the TIMO BOLL series dimensions

Square instead of flat and rounded?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
SpinnyGonzales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinnyGonzales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2018 at 6:25am
Ive just got a 

Xiom Feel HX Pro FL after 1.5 years of playing with Innerforce Layer ALC ST. 
Test rubbers: t05 FH, Acuda Blue P2 on BH.

FH
The blade felt great in FH topspin straight from the first session. The overall result on FH is softer. Feels slower and more controlled in the short game and faster in power shots which is exactly what I was looking for.
It's more stable in blocking and I dont feel it lacking flexibility. The overall balance feels a bit better but I find it worse in FH to BH transitions. A better handle would solve the problem.
Good for lifting underspin balls, I didnt miss shots I wouldnt have missed with the Innerforce anyway.

BH
The Acuda P2 - I bought a new sheet for the blade.
I developed a very safe and powerful when needed BH with Innerforce and now on the Xiom blade I dont feel at home with this rubber anymore.
It felt too springy and fast and i couldnt really adapt in passive shots, they were too long, blocks went too long. Either the rubber needs to break in (which I dont remember happening on Innerforce - I played with about 5 sheets of P2 bought new) or it's too soft for the blade.

Can anyone suggest a BH rubber since im very used to acuda p2 on Innerforce Layer ALC?

I want to change the handle and find a good balance to call it a great blade.

Edited by SpinnyGonzales - 01/15/2018 at 6:23am
Heavy backspin on the ball
Doesn't bother me at all
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 6:52am
Try omega v pro

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2018 at 9:16pm
Any feedback comparison of the ZX1 vs mizutani jun
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2018 at 11:36pm
Bump
AznThunder View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AznThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2018 at 2:08pm
@Yogi, How would you compare AX with TB W7? I'm looking more for a stiff hard hitting blade rather than flex-looping one

Nittaku Tenaly Original
Nittaku Fastarc G-1 // Victas 402 Double Extra
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2018 at 9:16pm
Tb w7 is an all wood blade so yo need to compare it with S7 not ax. S7 and w7 have the same heaviness but w7 seems more stiff and faster.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2018 at 9:16pm
Zx1 is slower than jun mizutani and zx1 has more flex.

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2018 at 3:49pm

Never fully understood what ppl includ the term "flex" of the blade. Maybe someone can explain me...?

On a separate note, tried ZX1 for one session, 2-3 hours, comparing it Hayabusa ZXI (on both blades same setup - Xiom Omega V Tour max FH and Rakza 7Soft 2MM BH). Not a 100% comparison as I put notably older rubbers on ZX1 vs. new set on Hayabusa ZXI but nonetheless.

First impressions were quite positive, enough control speed and spin but different from Hayabusa - I need a few more sessions to confidently compare all metrics but just basics: ZXI is slightly faster but not materially. ZX1 has more feel, on Blocks - for sure.

to be continued...

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 4:10pm
Does anyone have an informed opinion on which of the Xiom Feel series blades is most similar to the Xiom Vega Euro blade?
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Jacksupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacksupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 4:21pm
bump but for zetro quad
>implying any of us are good
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2018 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

Does anyone have an informed opinion on which of the Xiom Feel series blades is most similar to the Xiom Vega Euro blade?

Have not tried them all but Xiom feel ax has about the same speed and feel IMHO despite different Carbon.

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

Never fully understood what ppl includ the term "flex" of the blade. Maybe someone can explain me...?

On a separate note, tried ZX1 for one session, 2-3 hours, comparing it Hayabusa ZXI (on both blades same setup - Xiom Omega V Tour max FH and Rakza 7Soft 2MM BH). Not a 100% comparison as I put notably older rubbers on ZX1 vs. new set on Hayabusa ZXI but nonetheless.

First impressions were quite positive, enough control speed and spin but different from Hayabusa - I need a few more sessions to confidently compare all metrics but just basics: ZXI is slightly faster but not materially. ZX1 has more feel, on Blocks - for sure.

to be continued...

Just to add a few notes as some asked me to compare with ZXI:

ZX1 is:
-  ~5% slower than ZXI Hayabusa
-  Much more linear than Hayabusa on Drives and Drive-Loops
-  Has about same control in chops.
- Easier to flip than with Hayabusa , especially flat flip with no rotation.
- Banana is easier with Hayabusa since on a short spins it generates higher curve than ZX1
- About same sweet spot.
- Counters are easier with ZX1. 
- Spins on heavy chop are easier to lift with ZXI but harder to control the length vs ZX1

VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2018 at 3:09pm

Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

Have not tried them all but Xiom feel ax has about the same speed and feel IMHO despite different Carbon.

@iakovka - Thank you for the commentary.  You're the second person who mentioned ax as being similar to Vega Euro.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2018 at 3:29pm
I have used both the Vega Euro and the FEEL AX for some months. It's true they are quite similar but the more you use them the more you see the difference. The AX has a bit more feel and power in rallies. Which makes it quite controllable. Just imagine a more flexible Viscaria..
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 8:20am
Feel ax is a tad softer than euro but there are times that the ax seem to be faster than the euro.

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by vishal_dindoyal vishal_dindoyal wrote:

I have used both the Vega Euro and the FEEL AX for some months. It's true they are quite similar but the more you use them the more you see the difference. The AX has a bit more feel and power in rallies. Which makes it quite controllable. Just imagine a more flexible Viscaria..

Did not play long enough with the two but what vishal said feels correct to me. 
AX has more power and feel in rallies while Vega Euro has a sharper feel on short movements, when the impact with the ball is less pronounced, like on drops/touches close to the table. 

cyber_613 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyber_613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 11:17am
I dont think Feel AX is soft. Mine is harder than timoboll alc. Maybe xiom feel ax made in china so the quality is not good.

Edited by cyber_613 - 05/01/2018 at 11:31am
Blade: ZhangJike T5000
FH: Andro Ransanter R42 - Max
BH: Joola Maxxx P - 2.0
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 11:33am
1550 frequency would make it quite fast. 91 g would be higher than the stated range though. Glad I haven't glued anything on my AX yet.  thought it would be in the 1400 range.

Edited by tom - 05/01/2018 at 11:35am
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 11:48am
That frequency is a LOT higher than I would've thought for the AX. Has anyone measured the ZX3?
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 12:36pm
cyber_613 

The texture of the top layer of the AX I got was somewhat different from yours. It looked much more uniform too. not sure if it makes a difference though. 

AX is not soft but it is softer than VEGA PRO and HAYABUSA XZI and Feel ZX1. 
AX feels slightly harder than VEGA EURO when you hit hard, but softer at light/touch shots - imho.

Edited by iakovka - 05/01/2018 at 12:36pm

Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 12:59pm

cyber_613 

The texture of the top layer of the AX I got was somewhat different from yours. It looked much more uniform too. not sure if it makes a difference though. 

AX feels slightly harder than VEGA EURO when you hit hard, but softer at light/touch shots - imho.

Perhaps you are referring to the fact that the top ply in cyber_13's pictures is so called scaly koto, looking a bit different than regular koto...Wink
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Nightsky Nightsky wrote:

cyber_613 

Perhaps you are referring to the fact that the top ply in cyber_13's pictures is so called scaly koto, looking a bit different than regular koto...Wink

No, i am saying that my blade's top layer (same blade)  looked somewhat different in texture. 

Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 1:09pm

Originally posted by Nightsky Nightsky wrote:

cyber_613 

No, i am saying that my blade's top layer (same blade)  looked somewhat different in texture. 

I think I know what you meant (but maybe it is a language issue). You have a Xiom Feel AX and cyber_13 has a Xiom Feel AX and the top plies (top layers) look a bit different from each other, is that it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic