Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

New 2017 Xiom Feel Series Blades!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 4:51pm
Thanks for the great review Yogi, I have tried many blades and for my game Koto outer plies feel so much better to me than Limber or Hinoki. I actually really dislike the feeling of the ball sinking into the wood before it leaves the bat (funny because I hear so many people looking for this quality in a blade). 

I currently play with a Viscaria (double inverted) and a Double Day Terminator ALC/ZLC (with OX pips on BH). 

I have recently purchased a couple of sheets of Rozena to concentrate in practice on my double inverted game. I play with my MX-P/OX pips setup in league matches and now that I have reached the top divisions of the two leagues I play in, my double inverted game isn't up to scratch because of years playing pips on BH. 

I was planning on putting the Rozena on my Viscaria, but have got an itch to potentially try the Vega Euro or Feel AX blades for this setup. 

To help me decide, could you rate them (Viscaria, Vega Euro, Feel AX) out of 10 relative to each other for:

Top Speed:
Catapult on low/medium impact:
Flex:
Size of Sweet Spot:
Handle/Grip Comfort:
Head Heaviness (5 being center balanced): 

I have tried loads of all wood and ZLF blades over the summer, I just can't get on with them now that I have been playing with ALC/ZLC blades for so long (my stroke has shortened to accommodate them). However, I need to retrain my backhand and also relearn serve returns (as with pips I can return anything without having to read the spin - hence buying the Rozena). I would really appreciate your input on the numbers to help me find a blade that has a really great power to control ratio and that will play ok with the somewhat mushy (compared to my usual MX-P) Rozena rubbers.

Thanks.

Edited by MydasDiablo - 12/21/2017 at 5:16pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 5:36am
Viscaria is faster than ax, ax has more gears. It can be slow when you need additional control but can be fast.if you need the power. Ax has more flex.feedback is almost the saMe but with the ax having a softer feel. I am shaving the neck part of the ax because the neck part seems to interfere with my grip. Viscaria has a more comfortable grip. Ax tend to be a 3/5 in balance with mode on the head
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 5:37am
One more thing, the metal logo at the sides of the handle needs to be sealed. They get discolored or tarnished easily by sweat.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 6:03am
Thanks Yogi, very helpful Smile

I read somewhere else that they had the same problem with the new handle design on the Feel series, it's a bit odd how they have done it. To be honest, that's a deal breaker for me as I am not into having to customise a blade. I get that they are designed mainly for a market of small handed players, but it irritates me nonetheless. 

That leaves the Vega Euro vs my Viscaria, which I guess is a question for another thread. I think the 158x152 head size is the deal breaker for me there, too head heavy and I have thin wrists. 

It's a real shame, from everything I have read about Xiom blades over the years people always love the performance, strange head and handle sizes and lack of finishing all of which effect comfort and balance seem to be the most common things people give them up for. That said, if you are willing to do a bit of customising, or go to a straight handle when you are used to flared etc, you can't deny their price/performance ratio is overall very attractive. I mean, the Vega Pro and Euro, similar to JM and JK SZLC, are around £70-£75 shipped to the UK from TT-Japan. 

Edited by MydasDiablo - 12/22/2017 at 6:06am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 11:55am
Xiom told me that they are doing something about the logo.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

One more thing, the metal logo at the sides of the handle needs to be sealed. They get discolored or tarnished easily by sweat.

Well, Atleast they put in a metal logo this time, my vega pro literally has a shiny sticker which comes out after a bit of use. Xiom handles really suck tbh, donic and tibhar have much better finish and usually thicker handles.
1.f3 bulldozer
-FH-Mx-p(max)
-BH-aurus(max)
mon22 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 12:23am
Yogi

Do you know if these ST handles is close to the TIMO BOLL series dimensions

Square instead of flat and rounded?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
SpinnyGonzales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinnyGonzales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2018 at 6:25am
Ive just got a 

Xiom Feel HX Pro FL after 1.5 years of playing with Innerforce Layer ALC ST. 
Test rubbers: t05 FH, Acuda Blue P2 on BH.

FH
The blade felt great in FH topspin straight from the first session. The overall result on FH is softer. Feels slower and more controlled in the short game and faster in power shots which is exactly what I was looking for.
It's more stable in blocking and I dont feel it lacking flexibility. The overall balance feels a bit better but I find it worse in FH to BH transitions. A better handle would solve the problem.
Good for lifting underspin balls, I didnt miss shots I wouldnt have missed with the Innerforce anyway.

BH
The Acuda P2 - I bought a new sheet for the blade.
I developed a very safe and powerful when needed BH with Innerforce and now on the Xiom blade I dont feel at home with this rubber anymore.
It felt too springy and fast and i couldnt really adapt in passive shots, they were too long, blocks went too long. Either the rubber needs to break in (which I dont remember happening on Innerforce - I played with about 5 sheets of P2 bought new) or it's too soft for the blade.

Can anyone suggest a BH rubber since im very used to acuda p2 on Innerforce Layer ALC?

I want to change the handle and find a good balance to call it a great blade.

Edited by SpinnyGonzales - 01/15/2018 at 6:23am
Heavy backspin on the ball
Doesn't bother me at all
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 6:52am
Try omega v pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic