Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 2017 Xiom Feel Series Blades!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

That frequency is a LOT higher than I would've thought for the AX. Has anyone measured the ZX3?

My 85g ZX3 is 1335 Hz. But it exhibits flex. So, like the Apolonia ZLC, it is faster than the reading would suggest. Very spinny.
Sponsored Links

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2018 at 2:12am
I recently got to try out the ZX3 finally. After yogi_bear, slevin recommended it to me as well. I think the ZX3 has the most dwell i've ever witnessed in a blade. It feels like a miniture trampoline in your hands. Really lets you control the direction of your shots - fantastic amount of control for a blade that is clearly in the OFF category. The one I tried was around 85g. Also, the blade lets you generate silly amounts of spin for such as stiff blade.

I'm thinking about purchasing one. 

Does anyone know the full composition of plys for the ZX3?

Edited by h0n1g - 05/06/2018 at 2:28am
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2018 at 2:05pm
After soliciting feel opinions on which of the Xiom Feel blades is most similar to the Vega Euro I decided to try the Feel AX.

Based on playing with Feel AX for approx 10-12 hours (with the same rubbers I used on Euro) I didn't find them to be very similar.

The AX is meaningfully faster, has considerably harder surface, has less "ball grab" (faster rebound), and feels stiffer than Vega Euro.  AX also has considerably more of sharp carbon feel compared to muted composite feel of Vega Euro.

I'm definitely not trying to trash the AX - It is a really nice and inexpensive composite blade, but I don't find that much similarity between AX and Euro.

I'm curious whether I'm missing something, or others have had similar experience with these two blades.

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
cyber_613 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyber_613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2018 at 1:25am
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

After soliciting feel opinions on which of the Xiom Feel blades is most similar to the Vega Euro I decided to try the Feel AX.

Based on playing with Feel AX for approx 10-12 hours (with the same rubbers I used on Euro) I didn't find them to be very similar.

The AX is meaningfully faster, has considerably harder surface, has less "ball grab" (faster rebound), and feels stiffer than Vega Euro.  AX also has considerably more of sharp carbon feel compared to muted composite feel of Vega Euro.

I'm definitely not trying to trash the AX - It is a really nice and inexpensive composite blade, but I don't find that much similarity between AX and Euro.

I'm curious whether I'm missing something, or others have had similar experience with these two blades.

maybe you have feel ax blade like me. It have fishcale on koto surface and high weight (mine 91gram).
Haha
Blade: ZhangJike T5000
FH: Andro Ransanter R42 - Max
BH: Joola Maxxx P - 2.0
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2018 at 10:00am
Originally posted by cyber_613 cyber_613 wrote:

maybe you have feel ax blade like me. It have fishcale on koto surface and high weight (mine 91gram).
Haha

@cber_613 - What do you mean by "fishcale on koto surface"?  
My AX weighs 89 gr.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
cyber_613 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyber_613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2018 at 10:16am

Haha

My AX weighs 89 gr.

Outer plies (top plies) Like this

Edited by cyber_613 - 05/09/2018 at 10:18am
Blade: ZhangJike T5000
FH: Andro Ransanter R42 - Max
BH: Joola Maxxx P - 2.0
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2018 at 10:35am
I see, thank for posting the picture.
I just took pictures of both sides and mine looks like this: 

Edited by VictorK - 05/09/2018 at 10:37am
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2018 at 2:26pm
Im lucky my feel ax is 84grams. Feel ax is the best blade of the feel series. Next shoukd flbe either zx3 or zx2
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
sharking View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2018 at 9:53am
I would also like to know the full layer composition of zx3 and zx2

Edited by sharking - 05/10/2018 at 9:54am
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2018 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Im lucky my feel ax is 84grams. Feel ax is the best blade of the feel series. Next shoukd flbe either zx3 or zx2

I'm not sure how meaningfully the weight of AX affects its feel and performance.

One thing that I noticed with this blade is that the top ply is very thin, and the aramid-carbon layer is very close to the surface (much closer than in other composite blades I've used before) which probably is the reason for AX's sharp and relatively hard feel, and fast ball rebound ... which makes it very accurate at blocking despite it being rather thin.  My gut tells me that this blade would pair well with grippy/spinny rubbers, and with thicker sponges.

As to which of the Feel blades is best, I think it's quite subjective.   I feel that people who are used composite blades with muted and softer feel might not enjoy Feel AX as much as yogi_bear does.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2018 at 11:35pm
my ax is 85g
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 12:10am

Haha

My AX weighs 89 gr.

Outer plies (top plies) Like this

Enjoy your africa erotica film!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
sharking View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 3:39am
lol... beat me to it
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 4:07am
Zx2 n zx3 are both hinoki carbon composite blades
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

sharking View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 7:41am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Zx2 n zx3 are both hinoki carbon composite blades

Are we able to find out what the inner layers are? Or even the position of the layers?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 11:50pm
Inner possibly kiri

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 12:12am
So it's

Hinoki - ZCarbon- Kiri - Kiri - Kiri - ZCarbon - Hinoki ?? That seems like a somewhat strange combo.

Edited by h0n1g - 05/12/2018 at 12:13am
sharking View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 12:45am
If they are outer blades, that would explain why they are quite fast. Though zx2 I feel would be fast enough if it is an outer blade.

And are we also saying that zephylium is xiom's version of what ZLC is to butterfly?

Edited by sharking - 05/12/2018 at 12:47am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 3:33am
Although I did not hold it in my hands up to now, I don't think, that there are 3 Kiri layers in the middle. I think,

hinoki - zc - ayous - kiri - ayous - zc - hinoki

would be a more "common" structure of the ZX3

Edited by Magic_M - 05/12/2018 at 3:34am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 9:13am
I agree with Magic_m.
sharking View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Although I did not hold it in my hands up to now, I don't think, that there are 3 Kiri layers in the middle. I think,

So would anyone hazard a guess as to what would be the difference in structure between the zx3 and zx2?
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by sharking sharking wrote:

So would anyone hazard a guess as to what would be the difference in structure between the zx3 and zx2?

You mean aside from the fact that the zx2 is a 3+2 blade (and therefore does not have any locking veneers; instaed it has a significantly thicker core ply than the zx3...) and the zx3 is a 5+2 blade?
I would also agree with Magic about the structure; it does sound rather likely, although limba can also be used as locking veneers...
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 11:17am
Yeah in terms of how it feels, I would've said limba is in the blade, but it might also be the thick Hinoki layer that is creating that feel
sharking View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Nightsky Nightsky wrote:

Originally posted by sharking sharking wrote:

You mean aside from the fact that the zx2 is a 3+2 blade (and therefore does not have any locking veneers; instaed it has a significantly thicker core ply than the zx3...) and the zx3 is a 5+2 blade?
I would also agree with Magic about the structure; it does sound rather likely, although limba can also be used as locking veneers...

Ahh... Thanks for clearing that up about the zx2. For some reason I thought the zx2 was 7 ply as well - just the layer composition/position may have been different.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 10:15pm
Ill try to ask

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

So it's

Hinoki - ZCarbon- Kiri - Kiri - Kiri - ZCarbon - Hinoki ?? That seems like a somewhat strange combo.

I think i was misquoted, i was only referring to kiri as middle ply.

Jacksupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacksupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2018 at 10:25pm
i know the construction is different but how do these blades compare to the very unique xiom zetro quad? 
>implying any of us are good
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2018 at 3:17am
Zetro seems to have more control

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 2:55am
Got myself a 81gr feel ax st and played for 3 hours against a team mate. My rubbers were old tenergy 80 fx on both sides.

Feel ax is off course very different to my persson seven ( 7 ply allwood 86gr limba+ayous). There is less dwell time, more direct and sharp feeling, feels a lot lighter, handle is smaller and squerish ( pretty much the same with the timo boll alc). It can be very fast but I think its in off category, but a 90gr feel ax would be off+ I guess...

Handle is small so I was worried about the head heaviness but thankfully its not a headheavy blade. Well actually its very very similar to butterfly timoboll alc or innerforce zlc. Its between two of them. 

Throw angle is low. Which is very good for out of position blocking situations. Middly ply is probably ayous not kiri. 

Very easy to push short, flick etc. easy to block and easy to switch from bh to fh or fh to bh. 

Altough dwell time is low my topspins were very effective. I didnt get this but somehow I was able to produce very very good rotation with small effort. Still its not an allwood blade its not forgiving when you cant read the spin well. For a carbon blade I can say that its forgiving. 

Whats not to like? 
Well its a light and throw angle is low so if you play a lot far from the table, throw angle or "lift" might be poor for your liking. And handle is on the small side. My hands are big so its not ideal for me but not a deal braker because I liked the way it plays.
Other than that its just a great blade with great ball feeling, great control and speed. Thats why timo boll alc or innerforce zlc is so popular and feel ax should be popular too because it offers the same rational quality of the bty blades with the half of the price.

speed: timo boll alc > feel ax - innerforce zlc
sharpness : timo boll alc > feel ax > innerforce zlc
throw angle higher to lower:  innerforce zlc > timo boll alc > feel ax 

Edited by TSuBaSa - 06/13/2018 at 2:58am
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2018 at 10:00am
adding to the above review, dwell for the AX is very adequate, of course this is all relative but for a blade of similar construction and speed, it is not lacking in that quality
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic