Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liu Shiwen vs.Ai Fukuhara PRO blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
roulage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roulage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liu Shiwen vs.Ai Fukuhara PRO blades
    Posted: 11/23/2017 at 10:38am
Hi, is there any special difference between these two blades ? It seems that composition is very similar.
Photino+Andro Plaxon
Sponsored Links

Greco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 10:43am
Hi! I haven't tried the Ai Fukuhara, but i have the Liu Shiwen. I understand they're quite similar, being the Ai Fukuhara a bit faster. I don't think there's a very noticeable difference.
roulage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roulage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 11:28am
Yes, I know that Fukuhara is faster than Liu, but the question is how much. Liu has larger head and probably with rubbers is a little bit head heavy. Are you satisfied with Liu ? What rubbers do you use ? Thanks Greco

Edited by roulage - 11/23/2017 at 11:29am
Photino+Andro Plaxon
Danny1973 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 11:57am
I prefer the Ai Fukuhara. More power, a little bit softer feeling and more control in the short / passive game. The weight is also important. My Li Shiwen was only 82 gram, and the Ai Fukuhara 6 gram more. The Liu was to light i think for good offensive playing. I also prefer the flared handle of the Ai.
Xiom Azx icecream
FH Xiom Omega 7 pro max
BH Xiom Omega 7 pro max
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 5:09pm
I have the Liu Shiwen ZLF and .... ultimately.... I'm not sure it's that great a blade for me. The craftsmanship is great, the materials are obviously superb, the balance and weight are very good (84g), but..  ZLF is just so damn weird. It reacts very weirdly to some rubbers that I've tried on it. I couldn't get the hang of it. It almost seems... unstable somehow.

I've since stopped using it altogether and am exclusively using the Palio King Yue, which I think is the best blade I've ever tried.
Going to try the DHS H301 in a couple of weeks, when it gets here, as a replacement faster blade to the Liu Shiwen. I think I'll probably like it better.

Edited by Lightzy - 11/23/2017 at 5:53pm
Greco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 10:31pm
I didn't weight it, but i think it must be around 85gr.
That's right, it's a light blade, but it also has a big head, so it doesn't feel thaaat light. 
It's not that slow IMO, i'm using it with T05 and T64. I prefer the 64.

I must say it didn't took me long to adapt to this blade as i was using a Butterfly Kumpuru before, which is soft (in spite of being a carbon blade), not super fast and has a big head.

If i had to choose between those two blades i would decide this:
Same price ==> Ai Fukuhara
Different price ==> The cheaper one
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2017 at 12:55am
Fuku is harder and more direct, hence a little faster, than the LS. LS is able to generate more spin.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2017 at 1:13am
LS has a big dissadvantage, it is very low arced blade. Unfortunately I haven't tried the Ai Fukuhara yet.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2017 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

LS has a big dissadvantage, it is very low arced blade. Unfortunately I haven't tried the Ai Fukuhara yet.

A) I'd argue that LS is not low arced. Its much closer to medium arced than low, I would personally even go as far and call id medium-high.
B) How is low arc a disadvantage? Perhaps for your stroke/playing style. For others, its ideal.
C) Arc on Fuku is lower than on LS.

Edited by h0n1g - 11/24/2017 at 1:22pm
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2017 at 3:03pm
Not all blades are same in playing as others, many things are playing role there. I have it in ST handle and it is lighter than the named gramms from butterfly, maybe that matters. And again mine is very low arced. If yours is medium-high that's another story.
For youre second statement, yes I can agree with you that in some styles the lower arc is ideal, I just said that it is dissadvantage cause the 90% of the players prefer the medium or high arced blades cause as we all know it is easier to lift underspin.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
rrepp View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2017 at 1:55pm
I've never used the Fukuhara, but really like my 86gr LS. Picked it up for $160.00 brand new, and it's a keeper for me. I use DHS GoldArc 8 on both side. And it plays medium arc with those rubber. It's not as fast as my True Carbon, but has better dwell, and I believe more control.
Repp
skevros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2019 at 7:12am
what is the speed of each blade ?
off-,off or Off+...
thanks sorriso, sorridere
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2019 at 5:30pm
i think the liu shiwen is faster normal off ca. 9.1-9.2 in speed and the fukuhara is slower ca 8.7 - 8.8 in speed. both good blades, the liu shiwen is the better blade with more gears and better for the offensive attacking game,
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2019 at 5:46pm
DHS 301 is quite faster than LSW.  I could try LSW for a while and didnt like  it at all. Slow&dead, really high throw&awkward feeling.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
skevros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2019 at 7:39am
Thanks,
I had read that LSW is the slowest....

what is the hardness of each blade ? :
some flex, medium, stiff ?....
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2019 at 9:36am
Both are quite soft but AI is a little stiffer because of kiri core. Liu has ayous core, more flex.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Chicobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2019 at 6:23pm
I have the Ai fukuhara and it would probably be my main blade if the handle was slightly larger. It's somewhat of a love it or hate it blade which matches the comments I read above this LOL
Stiga Genesis x2 on Nexy Rubicon
Galaxy Moon/Air Illumina Alpha on Andro Temper Tech Off-
USATT 1620...Learning to play vs long pips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic