Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Change of rubber for wood Butterfly Amultart Pen
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change of rubber for wood Butterfly Amultart Pen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sergioyfl View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sergioyfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change of rubber for wood Butterfly Amultart Pen
    Posted: 11/23/2017 at 12:15pm

Dear Friends, I have a penhold blade BUTTERFLY AMULTART ZLC, is very fast but has good control and feels quite soft.

My style is Chinese penhold  with 1 single rubber. My game is an attack with a lot of friction, very heavy topspin and sidespin and fast backhand blocks.

I currently play with Tenergy 05FX, but I would like to change ((I do not know if to switch to Tenergy 05)

I would like recommendations of the following rubber bands to see how they would combine with my wood:

1. DONIC ACUDA BLUE P1 TURBO
  2. JOOLA GOLDEN TANGO
  3. DHS GOLDARC 8
  4. MIZUNO GF T48

I would like to acquire one of these rubber bands, but I wish to have references.

Thanks Wink

Sponsored Links

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2017 at 8:47pm
I've never played with any of the rubbers you are asking about, but a friend of mine who had a similar style loves Fastarc G1 and has been playing with it for several years. Durable.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2017 at 9:00pm
Tenergy 05. It a do-it-all rubber that can produce enormous amounts of spin.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2017 at 9:14pm
My teammate who is really good (was Hong Kong u18 nat team) plays with Golden Tango, you should give it a try!
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2017 at 8:49am
Mizuno is a very high quality rubber. I used that rubber in a softer sponge (45 not 48). If you have rubber on only one side I recommend the heaviest rubbers you can.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2017 at 2:44am
Hello Sergio,

I play Penhold too! Current setup is 1 ply Hinoki Jpen with Nittaku Fastarc G-1.

So rare that you are able to find an Amultart in penhold. Where I am, the BTY Penhold selection is very limited.
Totally agree with you, the Amultart is a very fast blade.

Of all the rubbers you mentioned, I’ve tried the Donic Acuda and DHS Goldarc 8.
Since you are using an 05fx, the rubber hardness is quite soft compared to the ones you listed.
Along with the soft touch of the Amultart (hinoki) there might be a change in feeling.

I personally feel, the T05 to have the most spin compared to any other rubbers currently. It will throw a little higher than the 05fx and is harder to the touch as well. - I cannot get used to T05 anyways...

The Goldarc 8 is a very good rubber, all round attack and good speed for me. I wished it could have more grip though. As I like rubbers with a high amount of grip/friction. Not sure if I received a bad sheet, but durability -wise I had some shrinking issues when transferring the rubber to another blade, also the surface got “blurry” or “cloudy” not sure how to explain.. after a few hours of play.

I cannot really remember how the Acuda Turbo played exactly.
You might want to check the reviews on the forum.

TL;DR:
speed-wise Acuda turbo + Goldarc 8 more than adequate for me.
Spin: BTY T05/05 FX is still the best for this category
Topsheet grip: Nittaku G-1/ C-1 has the same topsheet but on a softer sponge

After reading about the Mizuno Rubbers and saw Andy’s comment that the rubbers are not made in daiki factory?
Super interested. Waiting for more reviews from our buddies here before biting the bullet!
sergioyfl View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sergioyfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2017 at 10:33am
Friend, thank you very much for your contributionSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic