FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Timo Boll Web-Coach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timo Boll Web-Coach
    Posted: 11/30/2017 at 10:37am
Coming to a computer near you next week on the 6.12.17. But only in German at first, English, Japanese and Chinese planned for next year. 

So far, apart from the website address and the release date there isn't much to go on as to what this will actually be although it is supposed to be useful for hobby-players all the way through to international players and improve everyone's game.

In regards to unique selling point, the main thing this has so far is obviously the big star name. Other than that, there are so many free instructional videos of varying quality available and I am not sure what this can offer in addition. Perhaps a team of lower-level-coaches to check over all footage that is sent to them and write up feedback? 

Anyway, I'll most probably sign up for a trial or whatever it is they will offer. 
Sponsored Links

BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 11:13am
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 11:29am
They are few months late.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Only the U.S. displays the 6th of December in the year 2017 as 12/6/2017.

Europe uses 6/12/2017
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Perhaps a team of lower-level-coaches to check over all footage that is sent to them and write up feedback?

Close. Part of the subscription service includes sending your own video for Boll's analysis and comments.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Perhaps a team of lower-level-coaches to check over all footage that is sent to them and write up feedback?

Close. Part of the subscription service includes sending your own video for Boll's analysis and comments.

I know that the guys at Ping Skills and TTEdge manage to send feedback to every subscriber that sends in a video. Brett Clarke said in a podcast that most players only send one video and then that's it, he never hears from them again. If people were more persistent with sending in footage he'd obviously not have enough time watch it all. 

Of course there is no way that Boll himself would be doing this but I am sure there are plenty of decent level coaches available, especially in Germany, who would appreciate this sort of work for a bit of extra income.  
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Europe uses 6/12/2017

I know that, thanks. However, August is August and Mitte is middle.

fb.me/spinnier
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 12:27pm

Europe uses 6/12/2017

Check and MATE! LOL
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2017 at 12:52pm

Europe uses 6/12/2017

Check and MATE! LOL

Mate to timoboll-webcoach.com , since I do appreciate icontek's helpfulness.

fb.me/spinnier
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2017 at 2:18am

I know that the guys at Ping Skills and TTEdge manage to send feedback to every subscriber that sends in a video. Brett Clarke said in a podcast that most players only send one video and then that's it, he never hears from them again. If people were more persistent with sending in footage he'd obviously not have enough time watch it all. 

Of course there is no way that Boll himself would be doing this but I am sure there are plenty of decent level coaches available, especially in Germany, who would appreciate this sort of work for a bit of extra income.  

Considering the membership costs around a US$100, one would certainly expect Boll could spare some of his spare time to review member videos. They could put a limit on the video duration to say a few minutes top. If not, who is going to pay that much?

Nonetheless, I feel that this coaching model doesn't really work. There is a certain aspect of stroke learning where words simply don't work and a real coach is irreplaceable. Over the years on Mytt, I think mickd is the only case that ever works.

It takes two to tango. You may replace a real coach with a web coach, but you still need a good(read cooperating) partner to train with.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 2:10pm
Trailer

Posted first on Vimeo in May.
https://vimeo.com/216830204

Press release on DTTB:
http://www.tischtennis.de/news/startschuss-fuer-den-webcoach-timo-boll.html

Courtesy of Google Translate
Quote From December 6, there is also the coach Timo Boll: Coaching for everyone

At the end of his career Timo Boll does not think for a long time yet. However, the 36-year-old has now set the first course for his post-active time and, starting Wednesday, will also provide his expertise as a trainer. As Timo Boll Webcoach (TBW), Germany's most successful table tennis player of all time is available to anyone as a trainer and consultant. The innovative coaching portal is subdivided into the three performance levels beginners, advanced and professionals - you can choose between video segments for individual topics or a comprehensive package with access to all videos. In addition: Personal video analysis can be booked as well as a personal online consultation with Timo Boll via Skype.

"Everyone can improve. I want to help you with that "

Timo Boll has written one thing in particular with his project: "I want to make my complete table tennis know-how available to everyone. My team and I want to give something to every player and improve it. Many technology videos of amateur players are now available on the Internet. But a coaching for every level, from beginner to advanced and professional - that's new! "

Continuous collaboration on his portal is both a matter of the heart and a matter of course for Boll: "For many years, technology has been a big hobby of mine, even outside of table tennis. I have now combined this with my knowledge and this is where the Coaching Portal TBW came into being. From the idea that I developed together with my friend Andreas Ball to the implementation until the online start on December 6, two to three years of intensive work have gone into the country. "

Online consultation with web coach Timo Boll

Boll is permanently involved in his own project. "As a cofounder, the coaching portal is my own kid and although I still play myself, I'm fully involved. Twice a week I will post blogs on our site, mostly as a video. Interviews with the top players will be part of it. But not ordinary, but about technical aspects and how they themselves have become good. Incidentally, I produce and edit the vast majority of all videos myself and travel around the world for my TBW shoots with the right equipment for all my appointments. "

Those who are not yet satisfied with the diverse video segments resulting from state-of-the-art technology as sessions for serve, setback, forehand or backhand, which can either be themed or booked as an all-inclusive package, can also opt for one of the premium products, for example The personal online consultation via Skype by Germany's table tennis idol and popular figure. Boll: "If you want, you can talk to me live. Or it is possible to book a video analysis through me. Then I personally analyze a submitted video with game or training clips and there is a response by video back. "For himself, Boll sees his job as an online coach as a perfect way to impart knowledge already during his active time:

"Our slow-motion videos show all subtleties!" In

addition to the world ranking fourth Boll the top-class coaching team include two other ex-professionals, TBW co-founder and A-license holder Andreas Ball and the "Coach of the Year 2017" , Zhu Xiaoyong, as assistant to men's national coach Jörg Roßkopf with Germany's Men's Olympic bronze medalist, World Cup runner-up and European champion, and this year as junior national coach winner of the European Championship. Boll: "Of course, the two are also available for online consultation and analysis of videos submitted. Everyone tailors their package the way they like it at TBW. "

Technical expert Boll sees the videos as ideal for the presentation of the TBW content: "Many slow-motion technology videos show subtleties that I had to work hard to find out for the most part myself! Everyone always says, I have so much ball feeling. I do not think so. Everything is learnable, it is often just about angles and many details. We try to convey that, for every level. For the professional who wants to get even better at his high level, right up to the beginner who needs the basics! "

Starting signal on St. Nicholas Day

When Timo Boll Webcoach goes online with his German version on St. Nicholas Day 2017, this is only the starting signal. Release 1 is in German, but soon versions in English, Japanese and Chinese will follow. In terms of content, TBW will continue to keep moving, promises Germany's record champions: "Our platform will expand constantly. We will involve the users, respond to their requests, answer their questions and do everything possible to introduce everyone to the fine art of table tennis. "Boll knows only too well:" Table tennis is one of the most complex sports in the world to explain exactly as possible, including mental strength and tactics. It is important to us that we are always up to date, so we will bring updates all the time. "

Bolls direct announcement to his fans makes curious: "I want to make you better and you should make me better," says Boll. "With ideas, suggestions, criticism of what you can see and apply from December 6th. Let yourself be surprised. "

Edited by zeio - 12/04/2017 at 3:03pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 2:48pm
Discussion on tt-news, with Boll's replies.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 3:01pm
Press release on mytischtenis.

https://www.mytischtennis.de/public/buntes/11876/quot-timo-boll-webcoach-quot--geht-am-6--dezember-online

Quote The website offers packages on various topics, which you can book according to your needs. If you want to focus more on your serve, your setback, your forehand or backhand, you can buy a single package for one of these topics for the appropriate level of performance. The all-inclusive package offers access to all videos. And also the possibility of an individual consultation will be given. Every two weeks Boll also wants to turn to a blog to his users, in which he philosophizes about technology issues and interviewed other top players to their tricks.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 1:03pm
Site has launched.

https://www.timoboll-webcoach.com/

---------------------------------------
There is a 15% off promotion for the all-in-one package right now, lasting two weeks only.

All-In-One package
Access to all videos for 1 year
Only €84, instead of €99.

Individual package
€11.9 for beginner forehand w/ 5 videos
€13.9 for advanced forehand w/ 6 videos
€20.9 for professional forehand w/ 9 videos

€13.9 for beginner backhand w/ 6 videos
€13.9 for advanced backhand w/ 5 videos
€13.9 for professional backhand w/ 5 videos

€19.9 for beginner serve w/ 9 videos
€11.9 for advanced serve w/ 5 videos

€9.9 for beginner receive w/ 4 videos
€9.9 for advanced receive w/ 4 videos
€7.9 for professional receive w/ 3 videos

---------------------------------------------------
Here comes the interest part - Premium Service

Video analysis by:
Timo Boll for €499 MAMMA MIA!
Andreas Ball for €79.99
Zhu Xiaoyong for €89.99

The video must be in MP4 format and must not exceed 75 MB in size and 10 minutes in length.

Live Skype session with:
Timo Boll for
20 minutes for €299
40 minutes for €499
60 minutes for €599

Andreas Ball for
20 minutes for €44.99
40 minutes for €79.99
60 minutes for €99.99

Zhu Xiaoyong for
20 minutes for €54.99
40 minutes for €89.99
60 minutes for €109.99

All prices include VAT.

Edited by zeio - 12/06/2017 at 2:12pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 1:53pm
http://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=2904419&postcount=68
Quote Hi.
A few additional information. There are 2 novice videos to see for free, to get an idea of ​​how the technique videos look like.

These are of course simple explanations / basics. In the professional area there are really spoken explanations of me of subtleties. In addition, I will take your wishes to heart in the blog, apart from standard techniques. For example, I already produced "Switching to the Plastic Ball", which will be released soon. I will try 2 blogs (which are also often conversations with other top players or coaches on what matters and table tennis technique) to put online per week. Through the blogs, the platform will expand rapidly. In addition, of course, in the course of time more studio recordings are added.
A video analysis will also be answered with a personal video of the particular coach selected. A sample video here:

As I said, if there are questions and requests, also here on the forum.
VG Timo
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 2:36pm

Site has launched.

https://www.timoboll-webcoach.com/

---------------------------------------
There is a 15% off promotion for the all-in-one package right now, lasting two weeks only.

All-In-One package
Access to all videos for 1 year
Only €84, instead of €99.

Individual package
€11.9 for beginner forehand w/ 5 videos
€13.9 for advanced forehand w/ 6 videos
€20.9 for professional forehand w/ 9 videos

€13.9 for beginner backhand w/ 6 videos
€13.9 for advanced backhand w/ 5 videos
€13.9 for professional backhand w/ 5 videos

€19.9 for beginner serve w/ 9 videos
€11.9 for advanced serve w/ 5 videos

€9.9 for beginner receive w/ 4 videos
€9.9 for advanced receive w/ 4 videos
€7.9 for professional receive w/ 3 videos

---------------------------------------------------
Here comes the interest part - Premium Service

Video analysis by:
Timo Boll for €499 MAMMA MIA!
Andreas Ball for €79.99
Zhu Xiaoyong for €89.99

The video must be in MP4 format and must not exceed 75 MB in size and 10 minutes in length.

Live Skype session with:
Timo Boll for
20 minutes for €299
40 minutes for €499
60 minutes for €599

Andreas Ball for
20 minutes for €44.99
40 minutes for €79.99
60 minutes for €99.99

Zhu Xiaoyong for
20 minutes for €54.99
40 minutes for €89.99
60 minutes for €109.99

All prices include VAT.

it must be joke
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 8:43pm
I wish they would have released one of the explanation videos for free too. The 2 videos they released don't really show much. They seem more like teasers than educational videos. With the one off payment being less than 100 euros, I can imagine there being some good information in them, though!

But wow! Those video analysis prices are crazy. I wonder if those prices include multiple correspondences. I don't understand what Timo is saying in that 6 minute video, but I can't imagine it being worth $500euros..

Over the years on Mytt, I think mickd is the only case that ever works.

Thanks, zeio!! Smile Still working on many things and reviewing a lot of my own videos!!
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 6:31am
Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

I wish they would have released one of the explanation videos for free too. The 2 videos they released don't really show much. They seem more like teasers than educational videos. With the one off payment being less than 100 euros, I can imagine there being some good information in them, though!

But wow! Those video analysis prices are crazy. I wonder if those prices include multiple correspondences. I don't understand what Timo is saying in that 6 minute video, but I can't imagine it being worth $500euros..

So far the feedback on tt-news is mixed at best. Boll's stingy analysis notwithstanding, many comments point out that Boll focused too much on the visual effects and post-production value, and does not have much else on offer that amateurs couldn't already find everywhere on the net.

What I find surprising is that he has no clue how to coach beginners. Every instructional video on table tennis starts with the grip - no exception. Every real-life coach starts with the grip - no exception.

Yet he doesn't have anything on grip! Unacceptable!

Over the years on Mytt, I think mickd is the only case that ever works.

Thanks, zeio!! Smile Still working on many things and reviewing a lot of my own videos!!

Keep up the good work. You're getting there. It's been a long way since your first video playing against the robot.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 8:02am
TimoBoll-webcoach subscribers have a chance to win a private training session with Timo Boll and a meal thereafter:

https://www.facebook.com/timoboll/posts/1850289361671486

fb.me/spinnier
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 9:17am
I think Timo could enjoy watching some beginner videos, probably nonstop laughter for him. His expert analysis -- "You suck at table tennis. Maybe try badminton."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic