Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What rubbers should I order for my long 5 new one
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What rubbers should I order for my long 5 new one

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What rubbers should I order for my long 5 new one
    Posted: 12/02/2017 at 1:23am
So atm I have t05 and xiom omega iv Europe on it have a tournament tmrr but also have gewo nanoflex ft40 to swap out during match breaks. As well as a hurricane 8, mxp, mss, focus 3 snipe, and nittaku p-1
But once I play in the tournament tmrr I will see if any of these rubbers work for me.
I do half of each
I like to loop the ball loaded with spin whether it be fast or slow loops
Then when the opportunity arises I like to smash very hard enough to break balls within 5-7 times even on nittaku 3*'s
I play about 1500+ currently and haven't tried out many rubbers to determine a perfect setup yet.
I was thinking of getting xiom Vega Japan if not resant grip or rasanter r42 for backhand and either mxs, mantra m, or other med hard rubbers that produce grip with some tack for fh all around offensive play.
I like to do short and long serves to trick the opponent but also a good amount of spin. I definitely twiddle my paddle depending on the situation just like Zhang jike and fen zhendong do

Edited by HarmonicTT - 12/02/2017 at 1:23am
Sponsored Links

Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2017 at 4:16pm
Obviously, 729 Battle 2 for forehead and Palio AK47 Blue for backhand, obviously.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2017 at 4:23pm
Don't appreciate your sarcasm. I didn't post or say anything relating to humor. I explained how I play and the current rubbers I have for gluing. I'm not trying to waste money on glue when I can get feedback from others
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2017 at 8:13pm
Why would you switch rubbers during a tournament at first place???
This is totally wrong, man.
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2017 at 8:30pm
I don't appreciate your lack of appreciation, which is honestly very rude. You asked for a recommendation and got it :)
Also you're lying when you say you only specified what rubbers you have. You said: "I was thinking of getting", then mentioning a shitton of rubbers, ending with the specification that they have some tack, even though not a single one of them has any tack.  Your topic is even called "what rubbers should I order..."

Perhaps english is not your first language? I think by the last line in your previous post this must certainly be the case, so perhaps it's a simple misunderstanding.

Nevertheless if you take my advice you'll have a great setup

Edited by Lightzy - 12/03/2017 at 8:41pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 11:34am
I said or other med hard rubbers that have some tack you reread my statement and I did switch out and played just fine I won all my matches I usually win I adjust fast believe it or not

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 11:36am
No I listed what rubbers I had to see if those would even pair up as they aren't all 100% new. I have to order more glue that's the issue so when I do I plan to order a rubber or 2. And don't say obviously after each word that's not how you talk
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 12:14pm
If you are 1500 - 1800 & using HL5, anything more than H8 on FH and Focus 3 Snipe on BH is overkill and perhaps damaging to your game / training. HL5 is an advanced blade.

Hope this helps.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 1:01pm
Tibhar genius

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 1:16pm
Correct except now it seems focus 3 snipe is having major quality control issues... when I first ordered one it went swell...
I ordered 4 more sheets and all of them were dried out/defective ever since then I have turned my head away from focus 3 snipe.
Hurricane 8 I have a black sheet but intend to order one in red.
Honestly I might even switch to a hurricane 3 neo? Isn't that what people use to see if their technique is Good? If not switch to a euro set up?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 1:17pm
Thanks guys for the brief and feedback to those that even spent a second writing their reply all and any of your time is much appreciated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 1:18pm
Also I glued a sheet of sanwei target national 40+ on there gonna try it out tmrr and if I hate it probably going to see if anyone local to me has some euro rubbers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 1:44pm
Ok so I didn't like gewo nanoflex ft40 for either as it was soo mushy I believe and didn't have much spin at all on either end whether serving or looping. Backhand felt weird and too flat 90% of the time.
V
Omega iv was probably the better one of these rubbers but I accidentally lost it or someone took it Saturday during my match....
I took the sanwei off just in case my focus 3 snipe is still playable
Regardless t05 is probably going to stay on although it's a little inconsistent on th drives as the ball sometimes slips and misses completely even though I did a correct full swing or loop

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 10:31pm
Soo far I've found my new forehand rubber it's sanwei target national 40+ in red max. Tenergy 05 will probably last me until April at least since it's my backhand.
I found the target to be very spinny and chops well on the long 5 if I were to throw that into the mix. Flicks were deadly as I have been practicing the body flick or jumping one from one side to the short end of your sides net. Had practice tonight and beat 2 of my rivals rated at 1650 and 1595.
Tony is 1650
Set score was 3-1
8-11, 11-4, 11-5, 11-5
Steve is 1595
Set score was 3-0
11-4, 11-2, 11-6
So would that mean my rating is somewhat accurate and correct for now?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic