Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly impartial XB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly impartial XB
    Posted: 12/02/2017 at 7:54am
Hi all,

has anyone used impartial XB? If so, can someone please give me a small review on it?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 11:12am
I ordered one that will be arriving shortly -- any particular points you want to know about? 1.7 red XB 
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 12:02pm
Anyone selling in Canada?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 2:28am
First impressions after receiving the XB 1.7 -- it's basically a raystorm repeat, with a softer sponge and seemingly softer top sheet. That being the case, it is perhaps a tad more grippy. Not much of a difference on initial hits though. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

First impressions after receiving the XB 1.7 -- it's basically a raystorm repeat, with a softer sponge and seemingly softer top sheet. That being the case, it is perhaps a tad more grippy. Not much of a difference on initial hits though. 

I thought XS is like raystorm . Shan xiaona is using XS
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 11:32am
i believe the XS is horizontal alignment. Raystorm is vertical alignment. So both different. I like vertical alignment. However, if its just like raystorm, thats a shame :(.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 8:40pm
Raystorm is vertical alignment, like the XB rubber. I bought new sheets of both and have been comparing them to others. I think the XB might have more mechanical spin because of the softer materials and ability to dig deeper into the sponge. 

I actually bought a ton of sheets to test... razka PO, challenger attack, impartial xb, raystorm, spectol, spectol 21, spinpips 21, 802-40, joola express ultra, spinpips chop 2 and maybe a few more I'm forgetting. I've used a number of them before quite a bit, but when testing the new blade I decided to try fresh sheets. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

i believe the XS is horizontal alignment. Raystorm is vertical alignment. So both different. I like vertical alignment. However, if its just like raystorm, thats a shame :(.

I ve heard that Xb has low control and hard to play withĺ
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2018 at 8:17pm
Finally caved in and bought a sheet of XB to try.  I use SPs on both sides, the bh side I've been using Breakout and has been very satisfy about it for the past year or so.  I have ventured to tried Spectol Red on bh before, but I really didn't like its push game (i haven't heard anyone complained about this so maybe it's just my technique) and it didn't sink as much as Breakout either.  On my FH, I've mostly been using VO>102 and has been quite happy with that for two years, it's great at control, has good spin for my odd fh loop, a little bit of sink when passive blocking, and has enough pop when I drive through the ball.  But as curiousity hits me, I wanted to find something that would give me a bit more sink and a little less on spin...not so much like a VO>101 (cause that's hell to play with or against), but just a balanced one.  I tried slapping another sheet of Breakout on my FH just like my bh, but I feel I needed a little more POP than that when driving the ball.  As XB is advertised for its 'balance' game, so I decided to give it a shot.  I've only had one practise with it, but it seems to be satisfying my needs.  It has about the same or maybe a tad more pop than the 102 but doesn't quite have as high of an arc...seems almost similar to the Breakout...but again, with more pop.  I didn't play enough with it or play against enough people with it to know how much it sinks.  My FH stroke doesn't create as much sink effect as my BH anyway, so it's a hard one to gauge.  But yes, initial impression of the XB is good, it seems like a faster version of Breakout.  I had also look at the pips structure under the microscope (ratio of cylindrical to ladder, length of pips, spacing), and I can say that the closest resemblance to XB I owned would be Breakout.  It's also close to Challenger but slightly longer.  It actually resembles Resilon quite a bit too, my dad had an old sheet from way back when it was in production but I've never played with it since it's obsolete now.  My only complain would be that I wisht the sponge on the XB was harder like the 102, or maybe I just got used to that hard sponge feel.

Edited by Bilbo - 03/31/2018 at 8:23pm
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Bilbo Bilbo wrote:

Finally caved in and bought a sheet of XB to try.  I use SPs on both sides, the bh side I've been using Breakout and has been very satisfy about it for the past year or so.  I have ventured to tried Spectol Red on bh before, but I really didn't like its push game (i haven't heard anyone complained about this so maybe it's just my technique) and it didn't sink as much as Breakout either.  On my FH, I've mostly been using VO>102 and has been quite happy with that for two years, it's great at control, has good spin for my odd fh loop, a little bit of sink when passive blocking, and has enough pop when I drive through the ball.  But as curiousity hits me, I wanted to find something that would give me a bit more sink and a little less on spin...not so much like a VO>101 (cause that's hell to play with or against), but just a balanced one.  I tried slapping another sheet of Breakout on my FH just like my bh, but I feel I needed a little more POP than that when driving the ball.  As XB is advertised for its 'balance' game, so I decided to give it a shot.  I've only had one practise with it, but it seems to be satisfying my needs.  It has about the same or maybe a tad more pop than the 102 but doesn't quite have as high of an arc...seems almost similar to the Breakout...but again, with more pop.  I didn't play enough with it or play against enough people with it to know how much it sinks.  My FH stroke doesn't create as much sink effect as my BH anyway, so it's a hard one to gauge.  But yes, initial impression of the XB is good, it seems like a faster version of Breakout.  I had also look at the pips structure under the microscope (ratio of cylindrical to ladder, length of pips, spacing), and I can say that the closest resemblance to XB I owned would be Breakout.  It's also close to Challenger but slightly longer.  It actually resembles Resilon quite a bit too, my dad had an old sheet from way back when it was in production but I've never played with it since it's obsolete now.  My only complain would be that I wisht the sponge on the XB was harder like the 102, or maybe I just got used to that hard sponge feel.

resilon is not so old compared to spectol that is playable still .think that resilon turned into rein
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2018 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

resilon is not so old compared to spectol that is playable still .think that resilon turned into rein

Not speaking of playability but Resilon, unlike Spectol, is not an approved rubber anymore, that's why I didn't even bother to put it on to try.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2018 at 12:28am

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Not speaking of playability but Resilon, unlike Spectol, is not an approved rubber anymore, that's why I didn't even bother to put it on to try.

I cant understand why rein was legal a few years ago when nobody could buy that rubber
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic