Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harimoto Slow and Super Slo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harimoto Slow and Super Slo
    Posted: 12/02/2017 at 1:33pm
I loved this video because the camera was placed at all vantage points including a very interesting top view. First there is regular speed then slow. At the end there is a super-slo sequence. I noted that he was getting his feeling by holding the racket with his two fingers.

Here are some backhand and service sequences.

Sponsored Links

Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2017 at 6:44pm
Thanks, this is great. Needs more chooing Smile
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Odie Odie wrote:

Thanks, this is great. Needs more chooing Smile

Glad you enjoyed it! Cho!
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 3:18am
he is not mach an entertainer. He is a robotic guy, far from Waldner 's ingenuity.
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 3:57am
It was good to see these again. I posted them earlier this year along with 6 other videos in the series, but unfortunately the YouTube account associated with the videos was shut down...

His forehands in the video always look slightly off to me. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to have a forehand anywhere close to what he's got... I wonder what it is though. 
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 5:37am
at forehand stroke his index finger isnt straight? is it mistake or why he do this?

Edited by leonardo - 12/04/2017 at 9:33am
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 8:55am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

he is not mach an entertainer. He is a robotic guy, far from Waldner 's ingenuity.

Waldner did mention in an interview that play had become more and more robotic. Maybe Truls Moregardh is an example of the more creative approach?

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 8:58am
Originally posted by leonardo leonardo wrote:

at forehand stroke his index finger isnt straight? is it mistake or why hi do this?

It could be. It seemed so to me. Possibly at contact her only needs to touch and press switch the top of his finger.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

His forehands in the video always look slightly off to me. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to have a forehand anywhere close to what he's got... I wonder what it is though. 

He is not a large guy, so I wonder why he can't straighten his arm more on his take back. This would allow more use of forearm. (an example with Fan Zhendong here: https://youtu.be/6p5s1KhIFww?t=28s )

Of course bent arm technique seems to be working pretty well for Timo, Samsonov, Mizutani etc. 

When he plays his backhand you can see that his weight is well forward over his toes. His body is much more vertical when he plays his forehand.  

*edit - I looked at this again slowing it down even more using .25 speed on Youtube. I think he appears upright when playing his forehand, because he takes the ball too late. On some shots the ball has already made it to his toes at contact. * 

I guess the bottom line is technique is a means to and end, which is putting good quality balls on the table. If his techniques does that, then that makes it pretty good technique.

Edited by alphapong - 12/06/2017 at 1:53am
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 7:24pm
I see something different, I see a lot of "forward" in his stroke along with the up plus the Chinese influence.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2017 at 1:51am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Waldner did mention in an interview that play had become more and more robotic. Maybe Truls Moregardh is an example of the more creative approach?

Truls is just great. He can be a threat to Chinese dominance.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic