tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Equipment share community

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Equipment share community
    Posted: 12/05/2017 at 2:34pm
Fellow members,
I would like to propose that we organize an equipment share community here.
For trustable members, we can share our equipments for trying. Or we can even run some equipment rental experiments. Image what a world it will be for EJs if one can try all equipment s he/she wants.
Any supporters?

Edited by kindof99 - 12/05/2017 at 2:34pm
BRS View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2017 at 3:22pm
It's a great idea. How do you propose shipping, tester pays both ways? And what happens in cases of damage. Assume accidental but still things happen. I do like the idea, just wondering about details.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2017 at 3:44pm
We can work on the details
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2017 at 5:50pm
Great idea!
I have a fair number of Nexy blades that I could make available.

My proposal is tester pays both ways, in case of a single-point trip.
In case of multiple testers for a same blade (multi-point trip), owner ships the blade to the first tester at own expense, but then gets reimbursed (his initial costs are covered in equal parts by all subsequent testers). Last tester ships back to owner.
Traceable shipping; damages need to be agreed on a case-by-case basis, with photographic evidence and help from the community.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2017 at 6:03pm
A fee to join the community to insure the blades a little might help.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 9:19am
I think it's an awesome idea.

Might be nice to have a rough idea of shipping costs before hand, just to be able to make informed decisions.
a list of members and a list of available equipment. I suppose in the form of a spreadsheet.

Some members may have to be actively adding and updating who has what on the spreadsheet.

Pretty good idea. I have resisted committing to a purchase of a blade simply bc of price and being doubtful of whether the blade will be suitable in the end. I have also experienced being disappointed with a purchase. This way, the risk is minimal!!!

ClapClap

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 12/06/2017 at 9:20am
Fabian1890 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian1890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 9:44am
great idea, would love to help.
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 10:56am
Cool idea, in the past I had hoped it would be possible to do a three way trade. So that members can get what they want with what they have.
Omega IV Pro | M. Maze Off | Omega IV Euro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic