Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS H301 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS H301 Review
    Posted: 12/06/2017 at 9:25pm
Wow what a fun blade. I played with mine for the first time today.

The picture is with the plastic wrap still on. Without the plastic wrap it's a bare grey surface, as the writing and logo are only on the plastic wrap.

Used my usual rubbers, Battle II on forehand and Palio AK47 Blue on backhand. Blade itself weighs 84, the assembled racket.. Well, I didn't weigh it. I'll weigh it tomorrow when I get back to the club and edit it in.
It is very light with these rubbers, obviously, but the balance of the blade is also excellent, making it very lively in the hand. My Palio King Yue weighs 3 grams less, but feels noticeably less lively beause of weight distribution.

First thing I noticed is that all my shots are going short, and was like "wtf" cuz this blade is rated Off++ while my other blade is All+. Hit with a bit more confidence, fine.
Then I hit a bit faster and the ball goes ZOOOOM. And I'm again "wtf", so much speed from such a simple forward drive, and also "wtf" because a second ago this was slower than an ALL+ blade.
GEARS. So many gears. It has a range far exceeding any of my other blades, and very intuitive to use.

Then I practiced topspin and topspin on backspin. In topspin it was great, but not as good as my Palio King Yue which creates much more lethal topspin. But in topspin against backspin it was so nice. The blade is fast enough and solid enough that the ball will consistently shoot fast, full of spin, and shallow over the net. Very hard to return. The blade has a relatively low throw angle so good topspin with good body rotation will be very direct and fast. It's not a blade for people with weak technique, in that respect.

All in all, this blade has the best range of 'gears' of those I've tried, and it's something very noticable. Also very stable and easy to control. Blocking is excellent and it fits my choice of rubbers perfectly. For me it's a 10 out of 10 in every category except for topspin, where it's, I guess, an 8.5 in comparison to the King Yue's 10.

So here's what I think happened. Correct me if I'm wrong:
I'm used to playing with very flexible or soft blades (Liu Shiwen ZLF, Palio King Yue, Sweden Extra). The H301 is a lot more stiff due to the outer layer of Koto and the ALC material. So weaker shots were noticably less 'springy' while stronger shots noticably stronger and cleaner. Or something. But also not capable of creating the kind of spin of the King Yue, with it's very soft construction.
If someone has a better explanation I'd be happy to listen.

All in all, the best blade I've had the fortune of using. Responsive and accurate. It doesn't "do" anything to the ball. It just makes it go exactly as you want it to. Insane gears, fast, crisp.

Side with 729 Battle II and Palio AK47 Blue

It is a great innerforce aralyte carbon blade that feels woody and not like a frying pan, and a very very linear response and lowish throw.

Edited by Lightzy - 04/05/2018 at 5:00am
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 10:41pm
deleted

Edited by piligrim - 01/10/2019 at 12:23pm
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I didnt like this blade. Too stiff and feels like glass

What rubbers did you use ?

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 12:18am
So I commented in your Battle II thread that I was going to try Battle II on my forehand so this gave me a chance to switch over Hurricane III onto my other blade, the  DHS PG5 (little brother to the H301).

While it is very apparent that it is a carbon blade, it has a wood-like feedback to it that feels very nice. Less ping-y than my Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon, which is also an inner carbon structured blade.

The PG5 is a little thicker ~5.9mm but the outer 2 wooden plies are thicker than the Stiga's, hence the more woody feeling, plus it uses an AC type of carbon which I find has a nicer feel to it. The PG5 is a little stiffer than I expected, and I only hit with it for a match tonight (Most of my testing tonight was around the battle II rubber on my main blade), so I didn't really give much thought about its looping performance. 

The speed is definitely faster than my Stiga, but still with tons of control. Backhands with Reverse Penhold from mid distance had plenty of power and safety. I will definitely need to play with it a bit more to form a more in depth opinion but so far, it plays extremely well for a blade that's just a little over 30 USD
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 1:25am
Photosssssssssss pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Big smile
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 1:38am
^

I made exactly the same experiences like Lightzy: Lot of gears and a really nice crispy touch.
It's a topspin machine and a blocking monster Cool

FH: DHS Skyline TG3
BH: Tibhar Aurus

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I didnt like this blade. Too stiff and feels like glass

What rubbers did you use ?

Tenergy 05 and Big Dipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 7:50am
Really nice photo, it is a gorgeous lady, more photos please if you can LOL
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 10:05am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Really nice photo, it is a gorgeous lady, more photos please if you can LOL

I added 2 photos to the original post since you asked :)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 4:10pm
oh sorry my friend, I only saw the  AndiHL's photo. I am jealous of you guys Tongue
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 2:30am
I have a Innerforce Layer Alc is the Palio King Yue fast Like this blade and have a big sweetspot?

Thank You very much
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 2:46am
Originally posted by GabrielTopspin GabrielTopspin wrote:

I have a Innerforce Layer Alc is the Palio King Yue fast Like this blade and have a big sweetspot?

Thank You very much

King Yue is mostly sweet spot. It's much faster than it's makers claim. It does spin better than any blade I have, including the Liu Shiwen zlf. In practice I noticed that while shots are faster with the H301, my partner could return them. The blocks were flying off the table much more often with the King Yue.

Cannot directly compare to innerforce cuz I never tried it

Edited by Lightzy - 12/08/2017 at 2:49am
wanhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 4:39am
I had one and sold off. The topwood quality not quite i like as its too rough and with waterglued the rubbers are hard to peel off and if not careful parts of wood splints may come out.
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 3:25pm
nice. I will have my cpen version soon, can't wait to try it out.
jace112 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jace112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 5:31pm
Great blade. Just got mine (89g). Plenty of control for such a speed. Feels great too, not too firm. Really appreciate this model. I'd rate it as OFF (not OFF++) Smile
Rapid Speed / Sound + Donic Appelgren V1
jmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 8:30pm
I want to see the review new DHS

POWER-G 5

Edited by jmaster - 12/12/2017 at 8:31pm

FH :Rakza 7
BH : Donic Barracuda
Blade : Avalox P700

jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by jmaster jmaster wrote:

I want to see the review new DHS

POWER-G 5

See my post above Embarrassed
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
jace112 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jace112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 6:04am
BBTW can someone confirm the exact composition of the H301?
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 6:16am
Definitely Koto on the outside. Very distinct feel. Then some wood, ALC, some wood, some more wood :)
Prolly koto ayous ALC limba but obviously this is a guess
jace112 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jace112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 8:28am
thanks
jace112 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jace112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 5:29pm
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 7:42pm
Jace, why dont you post a more in depth review to go along with the nice picture?

Btw regarding the off++ rating, I too feel it's probably over the top, but with this blade its more a question of unlocking potential. It has crazy gears, i find. The harder koto on the outside has to be overcome to get the spin and spring from the softer wood underneath, and that too has to be overcome to get the carbon effect. So it feels very weak with weak shots that dont really go through to the koto as much but extremely speedy with more power. I love this type of composition.
jace112 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jace112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 7:58pm
what about this one? Wink

A carbon OFF blade without the firm feel of carbon fiber.
Pretty awesome for looping, fast enough for smashing and with plenty of control.
Handle a bit thin.
2 blades : 89 & 92 g
Very good value for the price.
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 8:19am
Hello, I'm quite happy with the H301 blade, but sometimes it could have a tad more flexibilty for me (without loosing speed).
Does anyone can compare the H301 to the Fang Bo 2 and the Hurricane Long 5 (new version) regarding flex and speed?

All the best,
Andi
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 6:21am
Originally posted by AndiHL AndiHL wrote:

Hello, I'm quite happy with the H301 blade, but sometimes it could have a tad more flexibilty for me (without loosing speed).
Does anyone can compare the H301 to the Fang Bo 2 and the Hurricane Long 5 (new version) regarding flex and speed?

All the best,
Andi

no one out there who can compare these three DHS blades?
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 6:33am

All the best,
Andi

no one out there who can compare these three DHS blades?

bump. Please also include PG-5 in regards to stiffness.
tomkei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 7:58am
anyone selling it? :)
xiom vega euro,sigma2pro,el-p
xiom vega pro
mizutani zlc,t05fx,r53
mizutani zlc,h8mid,rakza9

My Feedback
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 10:43am
The feeling and quality are much different compared to long 5 I have the new one
Long 5 is slightly slower than the h301
Long 5 has better control at long distance too
Long 5 slightly less stiff than h301
Long 5 has a medium-low arc trajectory
Fang Bo and h301 are similar in terms of stifness
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by tomkei tomkei wrote:

Aliexpress.

I just got my second one as backup blade
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

Originally posted by tomkei tomkei wrote:

Aliexpress.

I just got my second one as backup blade

Lightzy, did you ask specifically for 84 g.?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic