Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS H301 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2018 at 2:37am
No, I asked them to send me the lightest they have.
I have 3 such blades, ranging from 84 to 90. It is not a big difference but it is a difference.
Sponsored Links

AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2018 at 3:30am
you can ask for the weights that are in stock (prott and ttnpp).
but if you want a specific weight for the blade, you have to add ca. 2 gr because they will weighing the blade with the protective foil.
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2018 at 11:42pm
My H301 just arrived. Can't wait to play with it!!  Tongue

Anyone does happen to know good blade sealing solution??. As I spent enough bucks on this one, don't want to have the grain splinter when changing rubbers. also, I'd like to use elmer rubber cement for gluing the rubbers. Would it be ok? or would tear mender does a better job? Your suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Edited by patelaaaa - 04/04/2018 at 11:43pm
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2018 at 9:38am
hair spray
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2018 at 8:00pm
Can't wait for the review :)
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2018 at 8:50am
where is the carbon next to the core or under the koto ply?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2018 at 9:19am
Its next to the core
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 8:36am
Sealed with hardwaxoil

and here you can see the composition with the fibre directly over the core.

Weight of both blades = perfect (89g), but unfortunately the handle is too concave (thin in the middle)

Edited by Magic_M - 04/22/2018 at 8:40am
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by purpletiesto purpletiesto wrote:

hair spray

hair spray was fine as a "apply each time" solution before speed gluing or using rubber cement based glues.

it won't protect the top plies from changing rubbers or from any of the newer non VOC water based glues or substitutes like tearmender.

Donic makes a decent water based sealer.

Some people swear by wipe on polyurethane.

Too much and they change the feel of the blade.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Greenfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 5:12pm
Have anyone played with Yinhe Pro Feeling and Pro Power ? The Pro Feeling is the composition with H301.
It's great to hear the comparison 3 of them , which Are pros and cons for D40+ era !
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 11:20pm
@Magic_M The thin handle is actually what I like on my H301. Since I’m playing with soft rubbers, The handle is in my favour on both FH and BH. I can twist my wrist more in banana flicks on my bh, and soft loops on my fh.

Edited by patelaaaa - 04/22/2018 at 11:20pm
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2018 at 4:08am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Originally posted by purpletiesto purpletiesto wrote:

hair spray

hair spray was fine as a "apply each time" solution before speed gluing or using rubber cement based glues.

it won't protect the top plies from changing rubbers or from any of the newer non VOC water based glues or substitutes like tearmender.

Donic makes a decent water based sealer.

Some people swear by wipe on polyurethane.

Too much and they change the feel of the blade.

Good point.

These days I only use Nittaku Racket Protect sealant and Nittaku Fine Zip glue. But I figured since it isn't an expensive blade, perhaps go with a more budget option, instead of spending the same amount in sealant and glue. I'm sure there are equally as good alternatives which are much cheaper, that I'm unaware of, though.

Edited by purpletiesto - 04/23/2018 at 4:10am
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2018 at 5:03pm
Man, I'm happy this topic came up again.

Because..
Every day I play with this blade the more convinced I become. This is the best blade I've played with.
It's completely non-bouncy, short backspin touches, pushes and chops are crisp, low, accurate and easy.

Serves are a delight for the same reason, lots of spin with little bounce.
Topspins are SHARP, fast and direct. You can do a 'feel', high ball topspin with this but it's not what this blade is about. Catch the ball right and kill. Just amazing stuff.

In the past couple of months I've been trying out more of the Sweden Extra, Liu Shiwen and DHS301 with the same rubbers to see what to use come tournament time.. What I feel most comfortable with and matching to how I play. It has better control then the famed Sweden Extra and while slightly less spinny (a lot more direct) than the Liu Shiwen, the Liu Shiwen and those other fancy blades tend to have the most annoying bounciness to them.
This is just perfect.

Sure there are blades that can generate speed with less dedication, but I've yet to see a blade so perfect at the short game while still being very powerful, low throw, crisp in the topspin game.

Just a miracle blade for the money.

Edited by Lightzy - 04/23/2018 at 5:06pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

Man, I'm happy this topic came up again.

Because..
Every day I play with this blade the more convinced I become. This is the best blade I've played with.
It's completely non-bouncy, short backspin touches, pushes and chops are crisp, low, accurate and easy.

Serves are a delight for the same reason, lots of spin with little bounce.
Topspins are SHARP, fast and direct. You can do a 'feel', high ball topspin with this but it's not what this blade is about. Catch the ball right and kill. Just amazing stuff.

In the past couple of months I've been trying out more of the Sweden Extra, Liu Shiwen and DHS301 with the same rubbers to see what to use come tournament time.. What I feel most comfortable with and matching to how I play. It has better control then the famed Sweden Extra and while slightly less spinny (a lot more direct) than the Liu Shiwen, the Liu Shiwen and those other fancy blades tend to have the most annoying bounciness to them.
This is just perfect.

Sure there are blades that can generate speed with less dedication, but I've yet to see a blade so perfect at the short game while still being very powerful, low throw, crisp in the topspin game.

Just a miracle blade for the money.
So it's basically a innerforce Viscaria, just like how a Apolonia ZLC/Innerforce ALC is an innerforce Mizutani ZLC/Freitas ALC. I imagine it would be a good blade but far from a game changer, would be nice to try an innerforce Visc from butterfly themselves though
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2018 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

So it's basically a innerforce Viscaria, just like how a Apolonia ZLC/Innerforce ALC is an innerforce Mizutani ZLC/Freitas ALC. I imagine it would be a good blade but far from a game changer, would be nice to try an innerforce Visc from butterfly themselves though

Yes, normal size head (slightly elongated perhaps), koto outside, good carbon weave near the core.

Also it doesn't have the same upper-tier power as viscaria has in its highest gear but it's more stable and linear, and better on the short game. Butterfly just make everything too bouncy. At least for me.

It's not made from the highest quality wood though, which you can tell  by looking at it from the direction of the handle. Not quality like the blades that cost 3 times what it costs, but it is still better than anything else I played with. For me :)

Edited by Lightzy - 04/23/2018 at 7:16pm
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2018 at 11:13pm

Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Yes, normal size head (slightly elongated perhaps), koto outside, good carbon weave near the core.

Also it doesn't have the same upper-tier power as viscaria has in its highest gear but it's more stable and linear, and better on the short game. Butterfly just make everything too bouncy. At least for me.

It's not made from the highest quality wood though, which you can tell  by looking at it from the direction of the handle. Not quality like the blades that cost 3 times what it costs, but it is still better than anything else I played with. For me :)

Completely agree with you lightzy. My game has improved tons actually. I wanted to buy viscaria before I’ve come across this blade and I’m glad I got H301 instead. While I’m still struggling with fh loops due to lack of technique, this blade gives me enough confidence on the risky last minute strokes with less effort. Also, the palio ak47 blue for FH and focus3snipe for my BH seems to suit my style. Offers enough dwell on the passive blocks. I also have the same focus3snipe on my yinhe T11+, but I can tell the difference that my BH topspins, placement was never as good as its right now with H301.
thelooper12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelooper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2018 at 1:57pm
Hey guys , how does this blade play compared to the fang bo B2 carbon? Im currently playing with the fang bo and have enjoyed it, but I’m thinking maybe giving the 301 a try as well.
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2018 at 4:19pm
I won't be caught dead with a pink handled blade so I don't know.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by thelooper12 thelooper12 wrote:

Hey guys , how does this blade play compared to the fang bo B2 carbon? Im currently playing with the fang bo and have enjoyed it, but I’m thinking maybe giving the 301 a try as well.
\

Have you considered that the blades are different in terms of the outter plies? The Bo has limba and the H301 has koto.Wink
So the playing characteristics will be different!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2018 at 10:01am
does someone testet the dhs pg5, yinhe v14 pro or the yinhe galaxy pro feeling, the dhs pg5 is not very fast right ? thank you very much for your help
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2018 at 3:25pm

I won't be caught dead with a pink handled blade so I don't know.
Embrace your metrosexuality ;)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 11:28am
I though this blade was as fast as Fang BO 2, but according to the reviews of this polish guy its more control based and rated as  a OFF-. I 

I considered about purchasing it, but finally  discarded it, because i though FB2 limba outer ply would have more dwell and control than this, but so after all i finally bought FB 2 which in fact its abit fast for my taste.  But now , a few folks state that this one t´s indeed  a OFF- range with more dwell and flex  that confusses me once again. Confused  So if this is like this, then it might be my replacement for my seasoned RW-VStar

Edited by jonyer1980 - 04/29/2018 at 11:44am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I though this blade was as fast as Fang BO 2, but according to the reviews of this polish guy its more control based and rated as  a OFF-.

I did like FB2 but it was a bit fast for my taste.  If this it´s indeed  a OFF- range with more dwell and flex  then it might be my replacement for my seasoned RW-VStar

it for sure not OFF-. it solid OFF
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 11:35am
If only DHS would make a handle that is compatible with larger hands. Had this issue with the HL5/W968 already and now this seems to be even worse.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I though this blade was as fast as Fang BO 2, but according to the reviews of this polish guy its more control based and rated as  a OFF-.

I did like FB2 but it was a bit fast for my taste.  If this it´s indeed  a OFF- range with more dwell and flex  then it might be my replacement for my seasoned RW-VStar

That is what i was thinking off. BTW, does it feel head heavy? How performs with heavy rubbers?

Would you think it´s faster than RWV?

Edited by jonyer1980 - 04/29/2018 at 12:01pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2018 at 12:25pm
its not head heavy. maybe just a bit. handle not comfortable as h0n1g mentioned. too thin.
can't compare to RWV
blackhole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2018 at 9:01am

Coming from all-wood blade, this one is definitely OFF to OFF+. In fact, I started using T80 as FH which was fine with my previous blade Hurricane Hao II, it was way too fast on this blade. After I changed to the slower Baracuda 2.0, feel just about right.
A monkey king waiting to capture tigers

Double happiness H301 (Penhold RPB style)

FH:Baracuda 2.0

BH:Baracuda 2.0

Greenfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2018 at 7:47pm
Can anyone compare the H301 and Yinhe Pro Feeling, I think they have same composition except the koto with dark color on H301
Moreover, I heard that Yinhe's quality is a bit better at the same price range
The ST handle is another reason as well
Many thanks in advance
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2018 at 12:02am

That is what i was thinking off. BTW, does it feel head heavy? How performs with heavy rubbers?

Would you think it´s faster than RWV?
H301 is faster than FB2. It's like TB ALC vs Maze, or Mizutani vs ZJK ZLC
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
AmiciSumus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiciSumus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2018 at 8:41am

Originally posted by tomkei tomkei wrote:

anyone selling it? :)

Aliexpress.

I just got my second one as backup blade

Hi,
I have looked at the Aliexpress and there are several diference blades with the name of 301 :-)
Can someone explain me the diference  ?!

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180719035714&isPremium=y&SearchText=dhs+301

Take Care!
Ray
Xiom Ice Cream AZXi FL
- FH ALC: Butterfly Dignics 2.1 Red
- BH ZLC: Butterfly Dignics 2.1 Black

Xiom Ice Cream AZXi FL
- FH ALC: Adidas P7 Max Red
- BH ZLC: Rasanter R53 2.0 Black
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic