Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T05 vs MXP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2018 at 12:02pm
Z1 is more insensitive to spin than MX-P or T05 in short game & I don't like that (I'm probably in the minority here). So, I perhaps prefer T05 or MX-P's touch / feel to Z1.

Z1 is a monster at everything else - opening loops, topspin-topspin, grip, arc, consistency, power. Higher throw than MX-P. More powerful but more linear than MX-P.

Note, this is for the thickest sponge Z1 vs max MX-P.
Sponsored Links

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2018 at 2:13pm
Can you perhaps compare it to the aurus prime slevin? Specially the
Topsheet grip and feel (harder softer topsheet). A short compare of its playing characteristics would be good too. If you say it's more powerful than mx-p then does that mean it's more catapulty when you hit hard or does it mean it has a better speed/spin ratio, as in some pretty good kick on loops and loop drives?

Even I love the bite that the mx-p and t05 topsheet give in the short game, which I found that the rasanter and the hype kr lacked, though I find the aurus prime manageable in this regard.

Edited by nv42 - 02/04/2018 at 2:16pm
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2018 at 3:48pm
The latest generation of ESN rubbers(z1, aurus, rasanter) are completely different from MX-P/T05, they do not have the same catapult, and you need to work way harder to get any pace on the ball. 
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2018 at 5:18pm
It is true that they don't offer much catapult on softer strokes, but when yu start using the sponge(during mid-year hits) they do offer a decent bit of catapult. The aurus prime does feel as bouncy/catapulty as mx-p in this regard (maybe even more). Atleast that's what iv observed, as well as a few opinions iv read online.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2018 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

It is true that they don't offer much catapult on softer strokes, but when yu start using the sponge(during mid-year hits) they do offer a decent bit of catapult. The aurus prime does feel as bouncy/catapulty as mx-p in this regard (maybe even more). Atleast that's what iv observed, as well as a few opinions iv read online.

Àgreed.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2018 at 11:07pm
Aurus Prime is good at topspin - topspin exchanges. For me, I found less control / forgiveness and spin in topspin against underspin situations. Overall, though, I found I preferred MX-P to Aurus Prime because of that.

Bluestorm Z1 has short pips and (unlike Z2 which I did not like) has small pore sized sponge. Both attributes improve linearity, control & add to spin. The supermax sponge brings the power and arc.

Don't be fooled - Z1 is a very powerful rubber & has decent catapault as well. More than R47 but a bit less than Aurus Prime.

I think there is a detailed review on YouTube (with English captions out there).

My results came from trying out the Z1 and MX-P on opposite sides of a 85g IF-Layer ZLC. It works like a charm on limba composite blades.

Edited by slevin - 02/04/2018 at 11:13pm
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2018 at 1:30am
A bit less catapult and some added spin and arc sounds like a pretty good deal to me, got to try the Z1! You dint like the z1 for your short game right? So does that aspect carry forward on serves too, resulting in just average spin on serves?
I did watch the YouTube vid, but I'm a fair bit more comfortable with your assessment since i have read a good deal of your posts/reviews.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Victor2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2018 at 11:10am
First session with T05 after almost a year with Mx-p. T05 is, as many said before, unique. Mx-p is almost as T05 just on powerful strokes. On slow and medium strokes T05 is much better. T05 is more sensitive to incoming spin (without a loss in control, it just requires more attention), but is much superior to Mx-p for topspin a backspin ball.
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2018 at 12:16pm
victor, what blade and size of rubbers ?
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2018 at 12:52pm
Tenergy 05, softer then MXP much higher through works better on stiffer blades...produces maximum spin on slow and medium speed strokes
MXP low throw harder works better with flexier or springy blades, produces good spin on medium speed strokes and very good spin on fast speed strokes.
Preference depends on style, how far away from the table you play, if your stroke is more angular or perpendicular, etc...
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Victor2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2018 at 2:57pm
Innerforce Layer ALC+Tenergy 05 on forehand and Rasant Grip on backhand. I forgot to mention. Mx-p was heavier by 4 grams. T05 cut is 47.4 while Mx-p cut was 51.4 both 157x150. The paddle has now a very nice balance. My T05 is 2.1.
T05 gives me a great feeling that I can do anything with it. On the table and near the table is a lethal weapon. I never had so many successful  attacks. Opening loops work like a charm.  

Edited by Victor2016 - 02/07/2018 at 2:58pm
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 3:09am
thanks victor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic