Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T05 vs MXP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T05 vs MXP
    Posted: 12/14/2017 at 8:02pm
Hi guys,

Which rubber has the harder sponge? T05 or MXP? Which rubber would be better on a hard all wood blade, say corniellau absolum or xiom omega tour?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 2:31am
MXP has aslightly harder sponge. Both of them are just as suited for a hard blade. At this point it's only about which rubber you personally prefer.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 5:02am

Bokai:  If you are able, put MX-P on FH and T05 on BH

That's what I would do.  Enjoy Smile
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Sabito View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 9:59am
I have a Tenergy 05 Fx on BH and a MX-P on FH. Both are quite grippy but I guess the MX-P is tackier (stickier). The MX-P has a medium-hard sponge and I really like it on FH just as much as I like the Tenergy 05 Fx on my BH. Tenergy is quite expensive though. I will try Yasaka Rakza 7 when time comes to change my tenergy.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 10:25am
They feel a bit different. MX-P feels harder. But they are meant for the same kind of player. I was a bit better with T05. It seemed like the margin for error was better with T05. But I had to play with MX-P for about six months before I decided that. It was a tough call because T05 was a lot more expensive.  This is all based on ALC type blades and I tend to loop both sides from close in and middle distance.

Actually for the last year I have mostly abandoned all of these and now use Karis M on both sides but that is a major change in philosophy and not everyone will like that.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 10:56am
Agree with most of what has been said, my 2 cents would be to get mxp for wood bladed, and t05 for composites or very hard wood blades (think koto, walnut outer plies)
caratoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caratoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 4:07pm
They play pretty similarly. MXP seems a touch faster and harder new than 05 and the arc you get on the ball is generally lower than with 05 (I play with Viscaria) I haven't tried mxp on an all wood blade but I did try 05 on a korbel and it was fantastic. Both are great but I prefer 05 due to the higher arc but its really your call, both are great performers and last for some time. Side Note: I still play MXP even though I like 05 more because TBike on the forum sells 2 sheets for about 60 euros and with that money I can only get 1 tenergy. 

Edited by caratoon - 12/15/2017 at 4:08pm
Carbonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
BTY Viscaria 88g
FH/Bh: MXP/Rasant
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 5:56am
The MX-S is pretty close too. This feels a little softer, higher throw, not quite as powerful as the MX-P, and easier to control than both MX-P or T05.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 7:02am
Since you´re talking about similarities, which Tibhar rubber is closer to Tenergy 64? And which overall is the closest? Is the Rasanter V47 or another?
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 8:53am
The best alternative to 05 and 05fx i found till now ar the Rasanter r47 and the Rasanter r42. Maybe a bit better in some areas and same weight too.
MX-P is heavier and heavily boosted not consistant at all when played more than 2 weeks.

Edited by Mickael - 12/16/2017 at 8:55am
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

The best alternative to 05 and 05fx i found till now ar the Rasanter r47 and the Rasanter r42. Maybe a bit better in some areas and same weight too.
MX-P is heavier and heavily boosted not consistant at all when played more than 2 weeks.

R47 and R42 are just as heavily boosted - I actually prefer MX-P when the booster wears off but don't like R47 when it turns into cardboard.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

The MX-S is pretty close too. This feels a little softer, higher throw, not quite as powerful as the MX-P, and easier to control than both MX-P or T05.

IF you brush, yes.  IF you don't brush then you feel like you are using an alien rubber.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 8:23am
Thank you for all ur inputs! I think i will stick to MXP due to price difference :) ahahah
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 2:04pm
I find them both easy to swap and play with at random. As stated, MX-P feels a bit firmer and creates a higher speed/spin ratio, though has a lower arc, which is better for driving the ball. Tenergy may produce slightly more spin overall, but less speed. Both rubbers play really well on all types of blades, from thin all-wood looping blades to firm carbons. 

You mention sticking with MX-P due to price difference. Short term that is the correct decision. Less money for similar or even better performance in some aspects, that makes sense. Long term, the MX-P performance will die off in about 3 months. You'll remove it from the blade to reboost and find that it no longer fits the blade. You'll boost it again to stretch it out more so it'll fit the blade, but will find the rubber unplayable and very heavy. In the mean time, you get frustrated and order another ESN rubber to take its place. By now you are slightly over the price of 1 T05 rubber. You are happy now. Your game is back to normal. Your loops are powerful. Your serves are deceptively spinny. Within 4 months the vicious cycle starts again. You get frustrated and buy another rubber to replace the second one's place. In the mean time, 1 sheet of tenergy would still be rolling strong, showing some top sheet wear, but still looping and spinning the ball with ease. At this point the cost is nearly twice as much as 1 sheet of Tenergy. The snowball keeps rolling. 

That is my condensed story of the past 7 years looking for the offensive rubber better than T05. Now I have numerous shrunken or dead feeling rubbers in a drawer. But my Tenergy is still rolling strong. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Tenergy fanboy. I love trying new things, probably more than anyone else. But there is a sense of confidence and loyalty in knowing how your setup will feel and play each time you pick it up.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

I find them both easy to swap and play with at random. As stated, MX-P feels a bit firmer and creates a higher speed/spin ratio, though has a lower arc, which is better for driving the ball. Tenergy may produce slightly more spin overall, but less speed. Both rubbers play really well on all types of blades, from thin all-wood looping blades to firm carbons. 

You mention sticking with MX-P due to price difference. Short term that is the correct decision. Less money for similar or even better performance in some aspects, that makes sense. Long term, the MX-P performance will die off in about 3 months. You'll remove it from the blade to reboost and find that it no longer fits the blade. You'll boost it again to stretch it out more so it'll fit the blade, but will find the rubber unplayable and very heavy. In the mean time, you get frustrated and order another ESN rubber to take its place. By now you are slightly over the price of 1 T05 rubber. You are happy now. Your game is back to normal. Your loops are powerful. Your serves are deceptively spinny. Within 4 months the vicious cycle starts again. You get frustrated and buy another rubber to replace the second one's place. In the mean time, 1 sheet of tenergy would still be rolling strong, showing some top sheet wear, but still looping and spinning the ball with ease. At this point the cost is nearly twice as much as 1 sheet of Tenergy. The snowball keeps rolling. 

That is my condensed story of the past 7 years looking for the offensive rubber better than T05. Now I have numerous shrunken or dead feeling rubbers in a drawer. But my Tenergy is still rolling strong. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Tenergy fanboy. I love trying new things, probably more than anyone else. But there is a sense of confidence and loyalty in knowing how your setup will feel and play each time you pick it up.

Good input! Suppose a person plays 5 days a wk, 3 hr sessions. Would you say T05 lasts longer than MXP? 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 9:09pm

Perfect description.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2017 at 9:56am

Clap
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 6:09pm
I have played with MX-P for nearly three years now and had the same journey you have had with T05 but in my case always going back to MX-P because of the crack sound and speed when hitting hard which you don't get from T05. MX-P smashes a lot better than T05 for me and I also find passive blocking better due to the lower throw and higher speed which makes it an attacking block. Out of all the rubbers I have EJ'd with in between, Gold Arc 8 47.5 had the closest feeling to playing with T05 by a long way. It has that numb feeling with linear power delivery, high arc and you can just loop over and over again from any distance. For $30 from ttnpp I thought it was a steal for Tenergy lovers that want to save a few bucks in return for subjectively very marginally less performance. I challenge any T05 lover to give it a try and tell me your game suffers as a result, your wallet certainly won't Thumbs Up
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 4:59am
Mxp more power, catapult
T05 more spin, control
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 11:57am
What about the weight of both rubber? Is T05 heavier?
TB ZLC + T05 + O7E

Link Feedbacks To Me : Feedbacks
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by AntSj00 AntSj00 wrote:

I play with MXP and Tenergy 05. I dont know the exact weights. MXP is heavier than T05
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 2:00pm

Just wondering if you have tried Andro Hexer?

Thanks
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 3:04pm
Feeling of Hardness - mxp > t05
Access to Spin and potential spin - t05 > mxp
Better consistent arc - t05 > mx-p
Speed - mxp > t05
Dwell time and control - t05 > mx-p
Longevity - t05 > mx-p

Price = 2 MXPs for the cost of 1 t05 (this was the only reason for me to switch, simply not affordable)

Edited by rocketman222 - 01/18/2018 at 4:05pm
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

Mxp more power, catapult
T05 more spin, control

My experience is that I felt more spin from a new sheet of MX-P than T05, especially on opening loops, and definitely more speed. Catapult is higher for T05 in my case.

I like MX-P more than T05 due to it's power/speed but I do understand now why T05 is loved by so many, it's quite longer lasting, it doesn't degrade in performance quickly, you get the same feeling no matter where you hit on the rubber and you can loop almost everything back on the table even when out of position, so it's a very safe and consistent rubber.

Still I prefer MX-P and would have continued using it if it didn't degrade so quickly in performance and if it didn't shrink as much as it does.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 4:33pm
IMO, these rubbers might be liked by similar types of players and can be used on many different types of blade, especially on FH, but they do feel differently.

I don't care much about Tenergy 05, as it's too bouncy for my liking.   I do like MX-P quite a bit, but only when it's relatively new, before booster wears of and it becomes a meaningfully different rubber.  If not for that, I'd most likely be using MX-P as my FH rubber, but I just don't like the hustle of adjusting to MX-P's changing characteristics, or re-boosting it. 
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 4:37pm
It is nice to see other fans of MX-P over T05 Smile

I am too now tired of changing it every 3 months when its performance drops off a cliff Confused

Maybe Prime 2.3mm is the answer...or the new Xiom Omega VII Pro...

What FH rubbers do you use Victor / Unstopabl3?

Edited by MydasDiablo - 01/18/2018 at 4:40pm
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

It is nice to see other fans of MX-P over T05 Smile

I am too now tired of changing it every 3 months when its performance drops off a cliff Confused

Maybe Prime 2.3mm is the answer...or the new Xiom Omega VII Pro...

What FH rubbers do you use Victor / Unstopabl3?

I would LOVE to get 3 months performance out of MX-P, the awesomeness/booster effect dies off within a week or two at most in my case after which I have to start adjusting strokes. How many hours a week do you play?

You should definitely try DHS Gold Arc 8 in 47.5 hardness and 2.0 thickness, I fell in love with it right away as it felt something like a controlled MX-P and has better durability.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 5:02pm
2-3 times a week for 2-3 hours. After 3 months it literally won't lift a backspin serve, and interestingly it also makes pushing backspin difficult. 

I tried Gold Arc 8 47.5 in Max on a Mat Pro Sp but it felt spongy (like T05 does to me), I couldn't tell if it was the rubber or the willow outers of the blade. I now use a Koto/ZLC FH blade (DD Terminator) so maybe I should give Gold Arc a shot on that...

Why 2.0mm and not MAX? 

Did you try the 50 degree version?

Edited by MydasDiablo - 01/18/2018 at 5:03pm
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by 42andbackpains 42andbackpains wrote:

I play with MXP and Tenergy 05. I dont know the exact weights. MXP is heavier than T05

At 2.1mm, I weighed uncut:   MX-P  76g,  T05 70g

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2018 at 4:30am

Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

At 2.1mm, I weighed uncut:   MX-P  76g,  T05 70g

Actually want to try MXP for my BH. But after knowing heavier than T05 I will undo it.
Right now my BH is Xiom OVP. Its
feels comfortable for me though its feels less Spin.
TB ZLC + T05 + O7E

Link Feedbacks To Me : Feedbacks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic