Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Another New Ball - Synthetic Plastic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Medax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2018 at 6:28pm
Does anyone know much about the Yinhe S40+ ball?

So far I found that it's a "4th gen ball" and it appears to be a new ball? I ordered a box and the manufacture date was October 2017, so the date is definitely newly made, but does the "s" in the S40+ mean another new material?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2018 at 8:12pm
No, if anything it's selected regular seamless. I'm not even sure they're any different or just marketed to the West.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2018 at 12:49am
https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2017/12/Balls_2018_01.pdf

New approval list just came out. Not many changes to note.
Kingnik 40+*** is no more a competition ball. Sorry.
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 2:40pm

Just got my shipment from Cole.

I took several of the new balls and did a side by side bounce test with new D40+ and Yinhe seamless. This ball bounced just slightly higher than D40+, but lower than Yinhe.

Played with the orange ball for about an hour. It was round. I usually play with DHS D40+, NP40+, and Yinhe seamless. After warming up we did a variety of serve/receive drills followed up by my partner chopping while I looped. Switched to D40+ and hit for another 30 min.

Compared to D40+, this ball feels lighter and softer, trajectory a little more floaty. Less spin than D40+. D40+ has firmer feel and more arc in the air.

The picture above is the used ball. I put a flashlight under it to see the seam. The seam looks slightly wider in size to the D40+ seam. The one hour used ball maintained the same bounce height as a new ball.

Given the price of 50 cents per ball, I find these orange abs balls to be fine for casual play.

One of the places I play is a community center rec room with poor lighting, so I can see playing with these balls in those conditions. In good lighting, I'll continue to play with D40+.

This is a positive development. Whoever is making these balls for Yinhe has figured out how to make orange abs, so hopefully we will see higher quality orange abs in the future.

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Medax Medax wrote:

Does anyone know much about the Yinhe S40+ ball?

So far I found that it's a "4th gen ball" and it appears to be a new ball? I ordered a box and the manufacture date was October 2017, so the date is definitely newly made, but does the "s" in the S40+ mean another new material?

Thanks.

I believe there were talks about it for more than a year. I have played with it and still have a box. Don't think it is much different than normal blue Yinhe 40+ in play. Released to market in May 2016 and priced higher than all balls from China.  

According to official words it is meant to be international version for export. It is 15% more durable and 10% more heat resistance. It is stronger, rounder and anti shrink. That especially suits the purpose of shipping through equator by container ships and less chance of damage by heat. 
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 7:33pm
Double Fish is the factory to produce this HUICHUAN ball in orange.
They did also produced a small batch of DF V40+ in orange, marked with ITTF logo. Still pending for ITTF formal approval.   

NOTE: Not all orange balls are alike.
The best orange is Nittaku 40 celluloid, vibrant orange color, China-made orange balls do look some faded.

Edited by igorponger - 01/03/2018 at 8:08pm
rsilvers View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsilvers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2018 at 2:45pm
These are listed as ABS and a low price:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07463Z14V/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2Z8WXH83LXGV

I can't find any reviews - for some reason there seems to be little interest, even for multi ball or robot use.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 11:31am
Minkow Shanghai always welcomes retailers.

https://minkow.en.alibaba.com/product/60197745453-806199471/Premium_ITTF_approved_KINGNIK_brand_three_star_40_plastic_table_tennis_balls.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.prewdfa4cf.1.6f1e55ccBh8mZS

Minkow factory has just launched a new product. The KINGNIK PREMIUM ball (with seam) made of a new material, most probably of some ABS derivative.

Manufacturers still keep trying for a better material, and all the internationally envolved players still hopeful for a better ball. We need a better material, some ABS derivative to mimic celluloid material better.

HYDROSTATIC WEIGHING.   MORE KNOWLEDGE, BETTER PLAY.
I have just succesfully developed a scientific testing procedure, quite simple and reliable procedure, which can tell me what material any given pingpang ball is made of. It is quite simple, easy to do,
it only needs an accurate digital scale and glass of water. And some brain work, of course.

Edited by igorponger - 03/14/2018 at 12:34pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2018 at 3:24am
ONE MORE SEAMLESS BALL ON THE MARKET.

XuShaofa presents novelty product, seamless ball G40+, very special material somewhat different from ABS plastics.
http://ttnpp.com/store/home/918-xushaofa-g40-new-seamless-table-tennis-ball-3-stars-ittf-39.html
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2018 at 6:21am
Anything that's good, durable and cheap is not on the ITTF approved list.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

ONE MORE SEAMLESS BALL ON THE MARKET.

XuShaofa presents novelty product, seamless ball G40+, very special material somewhat different from ABS plastics.
http://ttnpp.com/store/home/918-xushaofa-g40-new-seamless-table-tennis-ball-3-stars-ittf-39.html
ordered a dozen last week, just out of curiosity
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2018 at 9:09pm
Not needed.  Another type of plastic we should adjust to?  Yeah, right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic