Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom Omega VII Pro and Euro Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 8:09am
yes, it can replace the P7. The catapult is more than you expect and it is very bouncy.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 8:10am
if I compare it to the Rasanter R47, the Omega 7 is spinnier with a bit softer feel and with almost teh same speed and catapult.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 7:32am
Could you compare the O7P to Tenergy? (To the one that is the closest to O7P). Thanks!

Edited by carbon136 - 01/04/2018 at 7:34am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 11:12am
Feels different entirely from t05. The o7 pro is definitely faster and softer but tenergy is still spinnier.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 11:13am
Omega v pro is a good substitute for tenergy 05

shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 11:56am
Yogi, can you make a comparison between O7P with ITC Ultra 45 and 48? (spin, speed, throw angle)
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Sorry, I disagree with that. In my opinion, OVP is noticeably softer, slower and less spinny, therefore not a substitute.

Is there any Tenergy rubber (T80, T64, or even FXs) that is comparable to O7P? Thanks.
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 1:02pm
For anyone who is interested, American Table Tennis has O7P listed for sale on their website.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
FH: Xiom Omega IV Elite
BH: Xiom Omega VI Europe
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by carbon136 carbon136 wrote:

Sorry, I disagree with that. In my opinion, OVP is noticeably softer, slower and less spinny, therefore not a substitute.

Is there any Tenergy rubber (T80, T64, or even FXs) that is comparable to O7P? Thanks.

+1 on what you've said. Even I can't really link OVP to being similar to t05, the OVT probably plays closer to t05.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by shinshiro shinshiro wrote:

Yogi, can you make a comparison between O7P with ITC Ultra 45 and 48? (spin, speed, throw angle)

Speed wise 48 n o7p are on te same level but o7p seems spinnier by a small margin. Both o7p and 48 have mediumto high throw. 45 is just a toned down version of the 48.

Let me paraphrase my term on "substitute" rather it should be alternative. It is the "closest" i can compare to since i have not tried the tour version. Let us not talk about spin. Still mo rubber that can rival t05's spin.

shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 9:54pm

Originally posted by shinshiro shinshiro wrote:

Speed wise 48 n o7p are on te same level but o7p seems spinnier by a small margin. Both o7p and 48 have mediumto high throw. 45 is just a toned down version of the 48.

Between O7P, 48 and 45, how would you rank them on short game? I mean, wich one has less catapult on very gentle shots?

Do you know some rubber that has similar playing caracteristics to ultra 45? It will be easier to get a better idea of how it plays.

You said O7P is easy to control for a fast rubber. One of the marketing about Ultra is also the good control if offers despite the high speed. Do you also think ultra 48 has good control? Does it have more control than O7P?

Sorry for the loads of questions. I know that you will do a more in deph review of Ultra in the future, but I can't contain myself haha

Edited by shinshiro - 01/04/2018 at 9:55pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 5:22am
Same control but the o7p is just a level above because of the extra spin.forget the ultra 45, the 48 can do it better.

Flobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 8:28am
How does the O7P perform compare to the MX-P?

Edited by Flobert - 01/05/2018 at 8:43am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 1:08pm
The mxp can produce spin even with thin contact. The o7p needs to sink the ball in order for you to spin. Both are very spinny but the o7p is easier to use or control.

Flobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 1:35pm

The mxp can produce spin even with thin contact. The o7p needs to sink the ball in order for you to spin. Both are very spinny but the o7p is easier to use or control.

How does it look with arc? O7P higher than MX-P?
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2018 at 4:04pm
Just received my sheet of Omega VII Pro in black with 2.0 mm sponge.  At 170mm x 170mm, it has a total uncut weight of 63 grams.  I took a nice closeup view of the edge showing the pips and top sheet pretty clearly.  If someone can tell me how to upload the image, I'll be happy to post it.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
melaal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2018 at 2:44pm
Can please compare it with rozena rubber ?
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2018 at 4:02pm
On my Hyabusa blades, the 70% rule seems to apply, 44g cut.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
Danthespearton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danthespearton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2018 at 9:55pm
Are any of the Omega 7 rubbers good for a modern defensive game? I'm talking about Joo Sae Hyuk/Yuto Muramatsu/Ma Te style.
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 2:24pm
Danthespearton, modern defense usually uses typical offensive inverted rubbers on the forehand: so, afaik, no special requirements for the off inverted side - except maybe weight depending on blade size. Eg JSH uses tenergy on forehand.

Do you have something else in mind?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 5:30pm
The omega vii pro seem to bouncy for chopping

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danthespearton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

Danthespearton, modern defense usually uses typical offensive inverted rubbers on the forehand: so, afaik, no special requirements for the off inverted side - except maybe weight depending on blade size. Eg JSH uses tenergy on forehand.

Well, yes, that is true; however, some are still more suitable than others. For example, Bryce HighSpeed versus Tenergy; you see my point? Wink Also, it's not that I have the EJ bug, I'm just asking out of curiosity, since no one has touched on that area. Also, if you want to know what I'm currently using, I'm using Mark V GPS.
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 9:44pm

The omega vii pro seem to bouncy for chopping

For modern defense I’m assuming the fh rubber would be used for spinny attack not chopping..
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Danthespearton Danthespearton wrote:

Well, yes, that is true; however, some are still more suitable than others. For example, Bryce HighSpeed versus Tenergy; you see my point? Wink Also, it's not that I have the EJ bug, I'm just asking out of curiosity, since no one has touched on that area. Also, if you want to know what I'm currently using, I'm using Mark V GPS.

Is there anything the Bryce highspeed is good for? ;)

More seriously, afaik if it’s good for spinny, modern offense, it’s likely suitable for the modern defense Fh, right? On paper, there might be one major advantage of the omega vii for modern defense (vs the other countless spinny offensive rubbers): the reduced weight - esp if using an oversized blade..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danthespearton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2018 at 2:47am

Originally posted by Danthespearton Danthespearton wrote:

Is there anything the Bryce highspeed is good for? ;)

More seriously, afaik if it’s good for spinny, modern offense, it’s likely suitable for the modern defense Fh, right? On paper, there might be one major advantage of the omega vii for modern defense (vs the other countless spinny offensive rubbers): the reduced weight - esp if using an oversized blade..
What I meant by modern defense was not just spinny attacking, but attacking (not necessarily just super spinny FH's; I drive the slightest bit more than looping) and chopping, similar to Joo Sae Hyuk's style back in the early 2000's, and other defenders like Yuto Muramatsu and Ma Te. 
ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2018 at 4:51pm
I'm also interested if any modern defenders give these new Xiom offerings a try. I've used Xiom Vega Japan for 4-5 years now for modern defence. It works great for everything including chopping, looping, pushing, smashing etc...
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 2:56am
How would you compare Omega VII Euro to T05-FX if looking for a rubber that is more forgiving than the harder T05, MX-P etc but still has sufficient speed and spin to finish points against higher level players?

The main factors being, spin sensitivity on passive returns of serve, speed, control and spin.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 6:13am
Euro vii has lesser spin but a great rubber overall. I would go with vii pro instead.

Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 12:48pm
both are now available at tabletennis11  but the price bites $58 right now

*edit* out of stock :(

Edited by Dream1700 - 01/26/2018 at 1:16pm
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

both are now available at tabletennis11  but the price bites $58 right now

*edit* out of stock :(

Wow, why would anyone get this, you can get Tenergy at this price from ping-pong.pl 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic