Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viscaria, H3, T05 review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 6:23pm
Maybe some people would like to get the thread back to the topic of a Viscaria with H3 and T05 rather than arguments from a poster who has never used this classic combination (and who assumes that since it is typically bought online it must be bad, apparently based on bad experiences with a different brand composite blade).

Again I will state for the record that I own Viscarias that are every bit as good as ones used two Btfly sponsored pro players. I know because I have hit with theirs. I have played with Viscarias since 2007. I may not know much but I know this blade.

So.... let's re-rail the thread.
Sponsored Links

bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 1:20am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

I have no doubt that there are those who take equipment very seriously and will change it once again very shortly. As for me, a good piece of equipment lasts eight years. It is all about consistency.

Using equipment for me is a hobby I enjoy. I am at a decent playing level and started learning 6 years ago. If you have kept your equipment for 8 years and played for s long time and have not come close to my playing level what is the conclusion? What has your consistency earned You? The right to bloviate about your incompetence?

Part of the reason I test stuff is that as I improve, I have a different notion of what might work.   But it is cheaper than buying cars. And I can tell people who want to buy stuff how it plays. Not quite as easy as calling it junk because I have no clue how to use it but if it were easy everyone would so it.

Don't worry NL. You were never going to get an answer to your question. Rich is 2500...at going off on unrelated tangents full of substanceless general statements to divert the topic when he inevitably realizes he cannot speak to any specifics or actual details.

As for the combo that is the subject of the original post, it is pretty much the "standard setup" for many Chinese provincial players, as in, so many players use this exact configuration that you could point to a Chinese pro level player and guess that it would be his racket and you'd probably be right or close to right. And many get their blades from the same stores as everyone else (not that it matters for anyone on this forum myself included), take it from the people who have actually been directly involved with such players, not the guy who admittedly has zero knowledge of the situation but wants to act like he does.

Edited by bard romance - 12/27/2017 at 1:21am
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

I have no doubt that there are those who take equipment very seriously and will change it once again very shortly. As for me, a good piece of equipment lasts eight years. It is all about consistency.

Using equipment for me is a hobby I enjoy. I am at a decent playing level and started learning 6 years ago. If you have kept your equipment for 8 years and played for s long time and have not come close to my playing level what is the conclusion? What has your consistency earned You? The right to bloviate about your incompetence?

Part of the reason I test stuff is that as I improve, I have a different notion of what might work.   But it is cheaper than buying cars. And I can tell people who want to buy stuff how it plays. Not quite as easy as calling it junk because I have no clue how to use it but if it were easy everyone would so it.

Don't worry NL. You were never going to get an answer to your question. Rich is 2500...at going off on unrelated tangents full of substanceless general statements to divert the topic when he inevitably realizes he cannot speak to any specifics or actual details.

As for the combo that is the subject of the original post, it is pretty much the "standard setup" for many Chinese provincial players, as in, so many players use this exact configuration that you could point to a Chinese pro level player and guess that it would be his racket and you'd probably be right or close to right. And many get their blades from the same stores as everyone else (not that it matters for anyone on this forum myself included), take it from the people who have actually been directly involved with such players, not the guy who admittedly has zero knowledge of the situation but wants to act like he does.

Total nonsense from someone who is looking to push online sales. Give it a break. Is looking too obvious. Just adds for spending hundreds of dollars a year on equipment, as if people have nothing better to do with their hard earned money.

No player I've ever talked to at any club ever claimed that their equipment was equivalent to pro equipment, DHS or otherwise. A fairy tale fabricated on forums.

Edited by richrf - 12/27/2017 at 10:30am
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 10:45am

I haven't been on a tennis forum in a while but I don't remember anyone ever suggesting that pros play with retail equipment. It was pretty much taken for granted that there was no parity.

So why bother replying to every equipment thread with the same garbage if its taken for granted?

Every pro has something customised to their own tastes. Standard stuff, but the retail version is as close as we can get to that. Hence the review of this equipment.

Hell, even my spikes, when I was a track sprinter, were customised slightly by Nike for my flat feet. But the Superfly G5 was pretty much the same otherwise. Same goes with the DHS Neo H3, same goes with anything else in production that pros use. 

Although, pretty sure I've read that Timo Boll uses off the shelf everything. Oh here's the post: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31976

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 10:46am

Rich perhaps instead of using these general terms you keep throwing around such as "known channels" you can provide some specifics about what actually goes down?

I once got offered the best home cinema speakers in a shopping mall car park by a guy in a white van .. perhaps these are the channels Rich is referring to Cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 10:48am

It was of no matter. I can play with anything. Consistency is key.

Is that why you threw all those complete garbage rubbers you bought in the bin? You're pretty inconsistent for someone who preaches consistency.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 11:10am

Total nonsense from someone who is looking to push online sales. Give it a break. Is looking too obvious. Just adds for spending hundreds of dollars a year on equipment, as if people have nothing better to do with their hard earned money.

No player I've ever talked to at any club ever claimed that their equipment was equivalent to pro equipment, DHS or otherwise. A fairy tale fabricated on forums.

No rich, I get much of my equipment through what you would call special channels. Want proof? I do it because it's easier and cheaper and directly accessible to me, not because I think it's any different playing-wise. What if I told you I'm comfortable enough financially to buy a few more blades and rubbers a year and it would be inconsequential? So now you're telling people how to spend their money too, great.

We've already established that the people you play with are nobodies who don't have better knowledge of the situation, so you can stop spewing your irrelevant anecdotes from uninformed people. Those who do, know that many "pros" just opt for off the shelf stuff, and no matter how many times you repeat your opinion based on players from the local rec center you play at, that fact will not change. Not that any of this matters to a novice player anyways, just something to get hung up discussing on a forum with people who actually play the game.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 12:17pm
Viscaria + T05 + H3 is a good setup.  I don't like tacky rubbers per se for my overall effort level so I don't use them.  I also generally don't like Koto ALC but can play with it.  And T05 makes it almost impossible for me to push with confidence as I am not relaxed enough to push using my current technique with the spring sponge to beat the players I need to beat.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 3:36pm
please stay on subject and argue with richrf
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

please stay on subject and argue with richrf
loooool
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 1:01pm
"please stay on subject and argue with richrf"

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 10:51pm
Ok. I give up.

What neeced to be said about this setup has been said. It is a classic used by many Chinese players who are really good, including players not quite good enough to have any sort of special secret source from a manufacturer.   My own personal favorite blade for a decade. So with tnat established, anyone who wants to chime in on the very strange opinion richrf has been interjecting into many threads, now is tne time to join in on this savage beat-down, but do try to be respectful.

And no, I don't work for any online TT company. I do however play at a club that has had SIX former US team members as club members (all friends of mine, some very close), and no fewer than seven former Chinese provincial team members as coaches, also a former Brazilian professional team member. The people I get my information from have been sponsored players. At least a couple of them switched to ALC blades after trying my blades.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 11:34pm
Who cares what richrf has to say?

I certainly don't. Pretty sure I will continue enjoying the pleasures of playing with Viscaria.

BTW, this is the last known pic of rich...

FdT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 11:46pm
⎯⎯∈
ψ
Ψ
ב—————

====E

/\.../\.../\

II...II...II

II...II...II

.\\..I..//

...\\II//

.....II

.....II

.....II

.....II

.....II

.....II

..../..\

....\_/

Buy your pitchforks here! I can give you my guarantee they were provided wholesale to me via reliable channels.

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 11:50pm
The question any new member should ask, is why the myth that professionals use common retail products (e.g. that Chinese professionals use common H3 rubber) is perpetuated by a relatively small number of members who always give great reviews no matter how crappy the equipment and pounce on anyone who questions the reality of this myth?

Of course, it is always buyer beware.

Edited by richrf - 12/28/2017 at 11:53pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 11:51pm
"Buy your pitchforks here! I can give you my guarantee they were provided wholesale to me via reliable channels."

those cant be as good as what the pros use no no no ....

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 12/28/2017 at 11:53pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 11:56pm

The question any new member should ask, is why the myth that professionals use common retail products (e.g. that Chinese professionals use common H3 rubber) is perpetuated by a relatively small number of members who always give great reviews no matter how crappy the equipment and pounce on anyone who questions the reality of this myth?

You were referring to blades all along. Don't try to use H3 and a very small portion of Chinese professional players as an example which everyone knows is the one exception to the rule. 

Perhaps you can link me to the numerous positive reviews of equipment (mentioned above) posted by your most vocal critics. Start with me. Oh wait...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

"Buy your pitchforks here! I can give you my guarantee they were provided wholesale to me via reliable channels."

those cant be as good as what the pros use no no no ....

FdT

I don't think you heard me. I said reliable channels. It's about the relationship. Consistency is key.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 11:58pm

You were referring to blades all along. Don't try to use H3 and a very small portion of Chinese professional players as an example which everyone knows is the one exception to the rule. 

Perhaps you can link me to the numerous positive reviews of equipment (mentioned above) posted by your most vocal critics. Start with me. Oh wait...

I was referring to the members who work overtime in perpetuating myths.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 12:05am

Weeks later, I still find myself wondering why you have not given any specifics as to how you know these are myths. You must have a really well-developed knowledge base. If you would provide actual specifics besides one time buying a blade you liked from Lupulesku, which proves nothing, maybe people would think your opinion holds some weight. But whenever it comes to details, you always backpedal and beat around the bush. The floor is still open, apparently.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 12:09am

Weeks later, I still find myself wondering why you have not given any specifics as to how you know these are myths. You must have a really well-developed knowledge base. If you would provide actual specifics besides one time buying a blade you liked from Lupulesku, which proves nothing, maybe people would think your opinion holds some weight. But whenever it comes to details, you always backpedal and beat around the bush. The floor is still open, apparently.

Lol. Yep, good question. How do I know that Chinese professionals are not using the common H3 rubber? Good question. I asked them when they visit the club. 😃 I certainly don't depend on your nonsense, totally ridiculous advice. It goes beyond unbelievability.

Edited by richrf - 12/29/2017 at 12:12am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 12:11am
Short term memory issues? See above.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic