Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arylate-Carbon blade alternative

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arylate-Carbon blade alternative
    Posted: 12/26/2017 at 6:42pm
I decided to get a shakehand blade which comes close to BTY Arylate-Carbon blades like TBS or Viscaria. I will use Rakza 7 BH and Fastarc G-1 FH.
However I don´t want to spend a small fortune in any of those expensive BTY blades, so I´m looking for a cheaper alternative with same characteristics. So far I listed:
- Andro Treiber Z
- Donic Ovtch. True Carbon
- Donic Baum Esprit
- Xiom Stradivarius
- DHS Fang Bo Carbon

Which one (or something else) would you guys recommend?
Sponsored Links

Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 6:48pm
Someone's going to say Yinhe V-14 though I've never tried it. It's only 30 pounds new on eBay...

The Baum Esprit looks best value for money to me and it did get good reviews when it first came out. I wonder if anyone has played with it for a few months and what they think of it.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 6:52pm
Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon for only 62 Euros (Promo) at TT11 is your best choice.

The ones I tried, Triber Z is a lot thicker and faster. Baum is very low quality and light. Stradi is harder compared to Viscaria and TBS.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 6:56pm
I will speak to my own experience with the DHS Fang Bo 2 (carbon). My normal blade is a TB ALC, flared.
1. The Fang Bo has a bigger head. While the weight if the raw blade wasn't much more than the ALC (a couple of grams), once I put similar rubber on both sides the extra weight was noticeable.
2. The blade had a bit less speed than the ALC, possibly due to the carbon layers not being as close to the outside.
3. No issues with spin or control.
4. Fit and finish was really good, not quite up to a Butterfly level, but no issues or complaints.
5. The handle is a bit thinner than an ALC.

Hope that helps. I have no direct experience with the other blades on your list.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 7:30pm
I am very sure you have done your own homework, but if you want to be under budget, my best bet would be to get a Clipper CR, it can do everything that the ALC blades do and more, and is a bargain at 40$ at dandoy-sports.

Edited by rocketman222 - 12/26/2017 at 7:32pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 8:43pm
Stradivarius doesn't play similar to TBS or Viscaria. it much slower and harder and different feeling. totally different then ALC blades
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 9:20pm
I have Donic Ovtcharov true carbon and Fang Bo ALC ( not really a viscaria, but a Long 5 alternative)
Let me know if you want the OTC. Im just a PM away.
I have a flared and another ST.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 1:25am
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32728475716.html?spm=a2g0n.search-cache.0.0.6f8d4fb0NrtDUg#autostay

XVT ALC blade..about $24 shipped

Edited by the_theologian - 12/27/2017 at 1:26am
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 1:51am
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I am very sure you have done your own homework, but if you want to be under budget, my best bet would be to get a Clipper CR, it can do everything that the ALC blades do and more, and is a bargain at 40$ at dandoy-sports.

watchout a friend bought a carbo 7.6 at discount from dandoy that should have been faster than a clipper but the 7.6 was very slow and dull
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 3:21am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I decided to get a shakehand blade which comes close to BTY Arylate-Carbon blades like TBS or Viscaria. I will use Rakza 7 BH and Fastarc G-1 FH.
However I don´t want to spend a small fortune in any of those expensive BTY blades, so I´m looking for a cheaper alternative with same characteristics. So far I listed:
- Andro Treiber Z
- Donic Baum Esprit
- Xiom Stradivarius
- DHS Fang Bo Carbon

The Andro Treiber Z is not ALC, so it wouldn't be a fair comparison. But it is faster than TBS,Viscaria or TB-ALC. The hinoki outer-ply feels sweet when playing

Donic Ovtch True Carbon is the closest to Viscaria.  The plies are the same and the thickness is very same. Even the shoulder/neck curves are the same as I can feel the similarity when held in my hand with eyes closed.  The OTC feels and plays the same as Viscaria except one noticeable difference, it's just a little bit faster than Viscaria. I don't know why. I personally feel better playing with OTC, if forced to choose

The Fang Bo 2 Carbon is stiffer than Viscaria, TBS or TB-ALC. On fast offensive shots, it kicks in. However, on passive shots or touch shots it's slower and great control. Easy to block. Skinny handle not for everyone. Cant argue with the price.

Haven't tried the other two blades.

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
6Finger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 5:07am
Galaxy/Yinhe Venus 14 blade is my recommendation as Bty Alc blades substitute.
35$ on AliExpress. Blade quality is superb, head size is same as of Bty blades 157*150mm and handle is like a mixture of Viscaria and TB ALC blades, quite suitable for people with larger hands.
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 6:03am

- Andro Treiber Z
- Donic Baum Esprit
- Xiom Stradivarius
- DHS Fang Bo Carbon

Butterfly is butterfly, just like nothing can be a true replacement for the Tenergy rubbers, nothing can truly be a replacement for the butterfly blades. I've come to know this after spending a lot of time and money.

So if you like TBS/Viscaria/TB ALC or any other butterfly blade just go ahead and buy it instead of trying different blades and wasting money when ultimately you will come back to butterfly blade.
arxidiavol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arxidiavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 7:43am
Hi, I can recommend Sanwei F3 old version. It has Innerforce-like structure , but plays more like a TB ALC. My piece was 86 gramm and it was the heaviest one in the shop, 30 EUR shipped. It has virtually little to no vibration.

I have also tried XVT ALC. This was 84 gramm, had some vibration, relatively stiff, as the carbon lies directly after the outer koto layer. Harder than TB ALC, IF ALC, Viscaria and Maze. Probably close to ZJ ALC, at least it pretends to have the same as original "dragon" design.

My question - what china blades could be a replacement in some extent to IF ALC or have the same structure ? Sanwei F3 old is not a bad choice at all, but I wish it would be slower. Somewhat between TB ALC( too fast for me, although I have played for years with it) and Tibhar Stratus Carbon (too slow, too much vibration)?
Any help appreciated.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 8:30am
Originally posted by arxidiavol arxidiavol wrote:

Hi, I can recommend Sanwei F3 old version. It has Innerforce-like structure , but plays more like a TB ALC. My piece was 86 gramm and it was the heaviest one in the shop, 30 EUR shipped. It has virtually little to no vibration.

I have also tried XVT ALC. This was 84 gramm, had some vibration, relatively stiff, as the carbon lies directly after the outer koto layer. Harder than TB ALC, IF ALC, Viscaria and Maze. Probably close to ZJ ALC, at least it pretends to have the same as original "dragon" design.

My question - what china blades could be a replacement in some extent to IF ALC or have the same structure ? Sanwei F3 old is not a bad choice at all, but I wish it would be slower. Somewhat between TB ALC( too fast for me, although I have played for years with it) and Tibhar Stratus Carbon (too slow, too much vibration)?
Any help appreciated.
I saw F3 (old version) is 7.1mm thickness. Isn´t it too fast compared to TB ALC? Would you say it plays like old Iolite, soft and stiff? Or not that stiff?
dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 8:33am
I recommend Gewo Force ARC.
Unknown blade that plays great imo.
Not as head heavy and more versatile than Stradivarius.
People say it plays similar to TB ALC.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

- Andro Treiber Z
- Donic Baum Esprit
- Xiom Stradivarius
- DHS Fang Bo Carbon

Butterfly is butterfly, just like nothing can be a true replacement for the Tenergy rubbers, nothing can truly be a replacement for the butterfly blades. I've come to know this after spending a lot of time and money.

So if you like TBS/Viscaria/TB ALC or any other butterfly blade just go ahead and buy it instead of trying different blades and wasting money when ultimately you will come back to butterfly blade.

you re a fanboy    seversl players i know are happy playing with rosewood 7 after using butterfly equipment
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 11:27am
Butterfly is the Rolex of blades

My dad has had his Datejust for over 20 years now

Say he bought it for $5,000 ( $5,000/20 years = $250 a year)
My uncle on the other hand, buys other Sub $200-500 watch brands and gets a new watch 2-3x a year (that could be over $250 a year)

Two very different personalities

My point is if you're going to stick with one blade for a long time,
Why not invest in something that gives you a higher return rate/value?

Money is money, you can always get more :P

If you're an EJ then buy different blades, like me! I don't have a Rolex hahahaha
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 4:28pm
I wonder if Baal still recommends True Carbon as a more affordable Viscaria alternative.  I haven't A/B's them, so I can't compare; but the True Carbon is a very nice blade IMO.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Butterfly is the Rolex of blades

My dad has had his Datejust for over 20 years now

Say he bought it for $5,000 ( $5,000/20 years = $250 a year)
My uncle on the other hand, buys other Sub $200-500 watch brands and gets a new watch 2-3x a year (that could be over $250 a year)

Two very different personalities

My point is if you're going to stick with one blade for a long time,
Why not invest in something that gives you a higher return rate/value?

Money is money, you can always get more :P

If you're an EJ then buy different blades, like me! I don't have a Rolex hahahaha

I bought a flarestorm 2 and lasted 3 months a primorac carbon that has splintered looks like you have rolex knockoffs or a hard core butterfly fanboy ,you better buy nittaku blades they have better finish

Edited by bbkon - 12/27/2017 at 5:24pm
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

- Andro Treiber Z
- Donic Baum Esprit
- Xiom Stradivarius
- DHS Fang Bo Carbon

you re a fanboy    seversl players i know are happy playing with rosewood 7 after using butterfly equipment

Not really a butterfly fan boy but I have enough experience to know what a quality product is and I rather spend once than trying different blades and spending a higher amount which I could have saved.

P.S

I have about 7 different carbon blades from different brands and nothing plays or feels as good as the butterfly timo boll alc blade.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 7:54pm
True the Treiber Z is different than the stated Butterfly blades (Hinoki vs. Koto, Thickness, Z material vs. ALC), but I would still recommend it over the Butterfly blades in performance and value for an offensive player. Performance-wise, it loops most like my Freitas ALC having a high arc while control looping. When loop driving, the arc is definitely lower and has the speed of a TB ZLC or ZJ ZLC. The most amazing part though (for me anyway) is that I can get an abundance of power away from the table, yet still block, push and lightly touch the ball with sooo much control when near the net. Like a blade with 2 personalities. It's my main blade w/ T05 for the 2018 season. 
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 9:20pm
Treiber K.
It's not aralyte perhaps but I think it's a good choice. More appropriate than the treiber z.

Or try one of the new dhs blades which are of remarkable quality and low cost

Edited by Lightzy - 12/27/2017 at 9:22pm
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2017 at 11:50pm
true carbon is the most butterfly alc like blade that i tried.. 😄
fang bo feels different.

Edited by Saitama - 12/27/2017 at 11:51pm
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 4:03am
Sanwei f3 pro
Currently using mxp and elp it's a beast. Spins and smashes well
Deadly short or long pushes
Flicks are great if you know how to lol
Also it's a innerforce alc clone. Alc is closer to the core and it's a 5 ply wood + 2 ply alc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 5:03am
True carbon is harder and stiffer. Long v is much better the new version. Most control and power on impact. Also xiom zetro quad is good. If a blade is really that bad sure then buy one and work on your technique to adjust to it. When I first started I blamed bad rubbers or the blade but as I learned it's all about your technique unless you really do have shitty rubbers lol
Stradivarious is alittle too hard and little dwell also no feeling lol
Lets see what else

Xiom zetro quad with fxp/elp or mxp
Long v h3 neo/t05 or mxp or omega v tour/rasant grip
Xiom Vega tour map or mxs/elp or fxp
If you want all wood but fast sanwei v5 pro is good too with mxs and elp
It's a violin clone but faster or similar sorry
Mizuno fortius ft with mxp both sides or elp bh
Xiom offensive s
Xiom extreme s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 5:05am
Lol that's what you think man tt newbie but not everyone has the same mindset also butterfly is pricey because of popularity. If there was no hype nor buyers than sure they'd foreclose or sell for cheap. It's because people like you who praise them soo highly continue to buy them. Because they know even if they charge an x amount of dollars it'll only take one person to keep it going lol

Also it's like overpriced items vs the same quality elsewhere that's not being a cheap ass it's being practical and realistic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 5:09am
Also timo boll alc is such a overhyped blade. The best blades if that are the mj zlc, ai fukuhara zlf, liu shiewen zlf, garaydia alc, apolonia zlc, amultart zlc, and a few others
Timo boll alc lacks alot compared to other blades
I'd buy another long v any day or a zetro quad hell even nexy has good blades why has no one mentioned nexy lol....
Oscar, kenaph, arrirang, qabod, etc
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 6:16am
thibhar paul drinkhall Gewo force arc off
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by HarmonicTT HarmonicTT wrote:

True carbon is harder and stiffer. Long v is much better the new version. Most control and power on impact. Also xiom zetro quad is good. If a blade is really that bad sure then buy one and work on your technique to adjust to it. When I first started I blamed bad rubbers or the blade but as I learned it's all about your technique unless you really do have shitty rubbers lol
Stradivarious is alittle too hard and little dwell also no feeling lol
Lets see what else

Xiom zetro quad with fxp/elp or mxp
Long v h3 neo/t05 or mxp or omega v tour/rasant grip
Xiom Vega tour map or mxs/elp or fxp
If you want all wood but fast sanwei v5 pro is good too with mxs and elp
It's a violin clone but faster or similar sorry
Mizuno fortius ft with mxp both sides or elp bh
Xiom offensive s
Xiom extreme s

this thread about Arylate-Carbon blade alternative. all blades you mentioned are not Arylate-Carbon blades exept Long v
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 12:25pm
If you want ALC, simply you have to get butterfly (something like Viscaria, Spirit o TB ALC) are simply superior and no other ALC blades on the market come even close. I mean blade is something you invest and can have it for many years to come or even whole life. If you buy something cheaper (that is advertised similar to Butterfly ALC blades) you will quickly realize that you will spend 60$ on one blade, you wont like it, you will buy another cheap one for 50$ or so and sooner or later you will already spend more than new viscaria/TB alc etc.
I know they are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. They are simply the best blades on the market when it comes to ALC.
I would simply save up some money and get Viscaria or TB ALC. Consider it as long time investment!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic