FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Kickstarter for table tennis center

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2018 at 12:46pm
Well all I need mts388 is a couple hundred to contribute, so go to my kickstarter and buy a shirt right now!
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
Victas 102 1.8 mm or Spectol Red 1.8
Keep coming so close to breaking 2200!
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 9:54pm
I predict a rich anonymous guy is going to nail it all at once.
rl gear
( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
my feedback
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2018 at 4:35pm
That would be awesome. Joola just called me and 13 tables are being delivered this Friday morning. The flooring has arrived from China and was delivered to the seaport in L.A. It will be unloaded and shipped by train to Chicago, then delivered by rail I think from Chicago. ETA is January 23rd. I plan on opening on Jan 26th on a Friday evening.
A friend of mine plays in a band and he offered to play at my opening. Many thanks to everyone that contributed. Based on where my pledges currently stand Kickstarter estimates I will only raise about $9,500. I'll keep trying.
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 11:45pm
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 11:51pm
Received 13 tables on Friday and set them up so I have a much better idea of how the layout will look. I can squeeze 13 tables in there, but 11 seems to be ideal. I had hoped 13 would workout, but 11 tables should still be enough. I still am waiting on the flooring. I took a chance and ordered directly from a Chinese company on AliBaba. The cost is about 1/2 of what it would cost from a US company, but there is some risk involved. I had received 1 roll as a sample and it was good so went ahead and ordered 15 more rolls. Each roll is 62 feet long and 6 feet wide. 
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 9:00am
Quick question everyone...the flooring will be blue and the tables are blue (Joola 3000 SC tables have a tint of purple), so what color does everyone recommend I paint the walls? I bought a sample of gray, but my wife and I weren't crazy about it. I'm thinking a light blue might be nice, then my club would look all blue like the Westchester club. Take a look at the picture above and if you look closely you'll see a sample of the blue flooring on the floor behind one of the tables in the back.
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
darucla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darucla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 9:13am
Maybe Yellow?/orange.

https://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/basics/color-wheel-color-chart/
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 9:31am
I thought about orange to, but if we ever change to orange plastic balls I'm in trouble.
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 10:05am
Best of luck!
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 10:10am
yes greek style with white and various shades of blue, that would look great Acudadavopapoulos
rl gear
( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
my feedback
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 11:14am
Westside Table Tennis Club has mostly blue wood floors, some gray walls, and one side with burgundy curtains. You can see match videos on their Facebook page.

I find the burgundy to be the best for seeing the ball. The gray is ok.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic