tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Kickstarter for table tennis center

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2018 at 12:46pm
Well all I need mts388 is a couple hundred to contribute, so go to my kickstarter and buy a shirt right now!
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
Victas 102 1.8 mm or Spectol Red 1.8
Keep coming so close to breaking 2200!
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 9:54pm
I predict a rich anonymous guy is going to nail it all at once.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2018 at 4:35pm
That would be awesome. Joola just called me and 13 tables are being delivered this Friday morning. The flooring has arrived from China and was delivered to the seaport in L.A. It will be unloaded and shipped by train to Chicago, then delivered by rail I think from Chicago. ETA is January 23rd. I plan on opening on Jan 26th on a Friday evening.
A friend of mine plays in a band and he offered to play at my opening. Many thanks to everyone that contributed. Based on where my pledges currently stand Kickstarter estimates I will only raise about $9,500. I'll keep trying.
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 11:45pm
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 11:51pm
Received 13 tables on Friday and set them up so I have a much better idea of how the layout will look. I can squeeze 13 tables in there, but 11 seems to be ideal. I had hoped 13 would workout, but 11 tables should still be enough. I still am waiting on the flooring. I took a chance and ordered directly from a Chinese company on AliBaba. The cost is about 1/2 of what it would cost from a US company, but there is some risk involved. I had received 1 roll as a sample and it was good so went ahead and ordered 15 more rolls. Each roll is 62 feet long and 6 feet wide. 
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 9:00am
Quick question everyone...the flooring will be blue and the tables are blue (Joola 3000 SC tables have a tint of purple), so what color does everyone recommend I paint the walls? I bought a sample of gray, but my wife and I weren't crazy about it. I'm thinking a light blue might be nice, then my club would look all blue like the Westchester club. Take a look at the picture above and if you look closely you'll see a sample of the blue flooring on the floor behind one of the tables in the back.
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
darucla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darucla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 9:13am
Maybe Yellow?/orange.

https://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/basics/color-wheel-color-chart/
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 9:31am
I thought about orange to, but if we ever change to orange plastic balls I'm in trouble.
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 10:05am
Best of luck!
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 10:10am
yes greek style with white and various shades of blue, that would look great Acudadavopapoulos
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 11:14am
Westside Table Tennis Club has mostly blue wood floors, some gray walls, and one side with burgundy curtains. You can see match videos on their Facebook page.

I find the burgundy to be the best for seeing the ball. The gray is ok.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2018 at 12:10am
Acudadave, I received an email saying that the kickstarter didn't make it. I know it's all or nothing as they say but I thought you would complete from your own pocket. Is it illegal a thing to do?
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 8:59am
We got about $10,000 and we could have gotten closer if I would have extended it, but at the advice of my wife I just kept it to 30 days. I also was going to set the goal to $10,000 initially, then I thought about $15,000 and set it at that. I should have followed my 1st instinct and kept it at $10000. We learned a lot from the experience. The other thing we have now done is to include a "Show your Support" button directly on our website: http://spinblocktabletennis.com/
We put this on yesterday and have already gotten about $1500. Every little bit helps. If you had previously pledged some money to buy a t-shirt or a blade made by Charlie, then please click on the button and pledge an amount.
I've made some exciting progress last week. I received the flooring from China and it was all excellent quality and not damaged (thank goodness), and I hired an electrician to install 9 additional light fixtures. I will post some pics. I can also offer Joola's new Nobilis blade at $200. It retails for $230.
So once again please click on the "Show your Support" button if you'd like to pledge some money, and if you want a t-shirt just pledge $30 + $5 shipping and we will send you one.

http://spinblocktabletennis.com/

Thanks again FATT
BBC NINE
Joola Rhyzm Tech Max
kyle90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 2:40pm
Epic fail.... how can you possibly set the Kickstarter to all or nothing when you were planning to open the club regardless? Seems like the situation was very poorly managed. Best of luck in getting people to put the effort forth in donating after the first attempt was a waste of time for everyone involved.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 3:03pm
I respectfully disagree re. waste of time: it's the adventure of a table tennis lifetime for Acudadave himself and possibly one of the greatest father and son stories as Acudadave is showing him that dreaming is one thing and making it happen is another Clap. I have read posts of his mentioning his son's rating going up (last time it was around 1800) and sure enough the pride is there. I am happy to witness the story and I say dad and the kid are lucky to have each other. Finally I am extremely admirative of Acudadave for handling at once all those important aspects of a man's life. He clearly is on top of his game and I hope one day the kid breaks 2200 LOL.

The only mystery to me is why Acudadave did not shell $5k out to complete the Kickstarter project? My theory is it is due to family related reasons he will not write publicly about and that's just fine.

I am on my way to spend the $50 I had pledged; I want that t-shirt so bad!

Edited by fatt - 01/30/2018 at 3:08pm
kyle90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 3:53pm
Iā€™m fully in support of opening the club. Iā€™m saying setting up the Kickstarter in the way he did was a waste of time. Should have done it so he could get any amount of funds donated. He was clearly going through with it regardless.
pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by kyle90 kyle90 wrote:

Iā€™m fully in support of opening the club. Iā€™m saying setting up the Kickstarter in the way he did was a waste of time. Should have done it so he could get any amount of funds donated. He was clearly going through with it regardless.

Calling it a waste of time is a bit harsh - a misstep, perhaps. Out of curiosity, did you donate and feel your time was wasted?
USATT: ~1800
Dr. N Barricade - AK47 blue - Air UpUpUp (0.6mm)
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 4:11pm

Of course he was, I agree, that's why I don't get why he did not complete from his own pocket since he spent way more than that anyway for the rest. There's something we do not know and we probably won't, it's ok. BTW up there I was joking saying "I predict a rich anonymous guy is going to nail it all at once." I was thinking of Acudadave himself of course, nothing wrong with that I thought.

OK pledging warm up time is over, it's show time. From there, click the left blue button to arrive there:

Edited by fatt - 01/30/2018 at 4:12pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Calling it a waste of time is a bit harsh - a misstep, perhaps. Out of curiosity, did you donate and feel your time was wasted?
kyle90 just does not joke around and there is nothing mean spirited in his words. He just always lets it go the way he sees it. Did you ever read what he writes when somebody sells him a blade that arrives in a condition worse that the description in the ad? I would not wish my worst enemy to be the recipient Big smile.
kyle90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 5:02pm
Sorry for the harshness/directness. All Iā€™m saying is one mouse click could have resulted in Dave getting the 10k that was pledged. I was honestly under the same assumption as FATT that he would just fund the remaining amount himself to teach the goal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic