FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2018 Qatar Open, 3-6 to 3-11, 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

When April, 2018 ratings come out, Liu Shiwen won't be playing in the qualification group in the future.

Maybe....
 But Germany is still ahead. Theoretically, D.N. and L.S.V can move a little down .... But a little ....Smile
 It is more possible that in the ranking for April the third and fourth positions will be taken by Wang Manyu and Chen Xintong .
===================
You must be drunk to post that.
LSW (not LSV) just won Qatar Open (a premium event), she will gain lots of ranking points.
If she is ranked in top 16, she won't be in qualification group, she will be seeded.

pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 11:12am

When April, 2018 ratings come out, Liu Shiwen won't be playing in the qualification group in the future.

Maybe....
 But Germany is still ahead. Theoretically, D.N. and L.S.V can move a little down .... But a little ....Smile
 It is more possible that in the ranking for April the third and fourth positions will be taken by Wang Manyu and Chen Xintong .
===================
LSW (not LSV) just won Qatar Open (a premium event), she will gain lots of ranking points.
If she is ranked in top 16, she won't be in qualification group, she will be seeded.

I think what he means is that they can move down a little from their post Qatar rankings since they will not be playing the German Open.  It depends on how well those that are slightly behind them do in the German Open (Chen Szu-Yu, Lee Ho Ching, Doo Hoi Kem, Hina Hayata).
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 11:40am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

I think what he means is that they can move down a little from their post Qatar rankings since they will not be playing the German Open.  It depends on how well those that are slightly behind them do in the German Open (Chen Szu-Yu, Lee Ho Ching, Doo Hoi Kem, Hina Hayata).
==================
All those players that you mentioned have 8 events under their belt. Note one can only keep 8 best events.

Liu Shiwen has only 6 events under her belt, the win in Qatar Open will just add one more ranking event (thus ranking points) - Qatar Open is a premium event, lots of ranking points.

None of the players that you mentioned can beat Wang Manyu and Chen Xingtong to win German Open.

You really didn't pay close attention as to how it works.
===============
VladCeller knows more, he should know his post is incorrect.

Edited by skip3119 - 03/12/2018 at 11:43am
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 11:57am

==================
All those players that you mentioned have 8 events under their belt. Note one can only keep 8 best events.

Liu Shiwen has only 6 events under her belt, the win in Qatar Open will just add one more ranking event (thus ranking points) - Qatar Open is a premium event, lots of ranking points.

None of the players that you mentioned can beat Wang Manyu and Chen Xingtong to win German Open.

You really didn't pay close attention as to how it works.
===============
VladCeller knows more, he should know his post is incorrect.

Here's a reposting of VladCeller's calculations for the post Qatar results:

WS rating ITTF for April 2018
(Subtotal after Qatar Open ..)

ISHIKAWA Kasumi 14100 +ger
 WANG Manyu        13974 +ger 
 F.T.                       13970 +ger
 HIRANO Miu          13808 +ger 
 ITO Mima              13005 +ger    
 CHENG I-Ching     12150 +ger
 CHEN Xingtong     12462 +ger
10 -  L.S.V.             11905
----------------------------
11 -  D.N.               11880 
 CHEN Szu-Yu        11175 +ger
 LEE Ho Ching        11110 +ger
 DOO Hoi Kem        11049 +ger
 HAYATA Hina         11025 +ger

SATO Hitomi          10995 +pol +ger

Lee Ho Ching, for example, has a 789 point result from 2017-11.  She's within 770 points of DN and 795 points of LSW.  If she can make the quarterfinals (1575 points) or higher, she can surpass DN.  If she can make it to the semi-finals (1800 points) she could surpass LSW.  So very hard to do, but theoretically possible.  No need to beat WMY and CXT which I agree is not gonna happen.

EDIT: The 789 result is replaced by the Qatar result so the next highest is 990.  So Lee Ho Ching would need to make the semi-finals to surpass both LSW and DN.  If she gets a good draw (no CXT or WMY until semi-finals), then it's possible.

Edited by pongfugrasshopper - 03/12/2018 at 12:38pm
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 12:03pm

Maybe....
===================

Smile
You very accurately expressed what I wanted to say ....

I apologize to everyone-I do not speak English, Google translit .....

D.N. and L.S.W. will not take part in Germany ...The points they scored in Qatar are known ... You can already count their results in the ranking for April 2018 ...

L.S.W. - 11905
D.N. - 11880

But these will play .....
 CHEN Szu-Yu     (11175)  +ger
 LEE Ho Ching    (11110) +ger
 DOO Hoi Kem    (11049) +ger

and seeding...

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 12:05pm
Liu Shiwen, with the win in Qatar Open, should have her ranking points at 11,915 (when April data comes out).
Liu Shiwen will be inside top 16. She won't need to play qualification.
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 12:08pm
Many thanks ... Very accurately .....
Theoretically possible ......
In any case, the ITTV World Team Championship in April and May will put everything in its place ....Smile

Edited by VladCeller - 03/12/2018 at 12:25pm
smackman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 4:34pm
I'm wondering why no separation of Countries in the first round of the main draw?
I did a part of my Referee course and I thought separation was the thing to do ,

I saw 5 pairs of  Japanese and Chinese playing each other, maybe it has changed?
Ulmo Duality,tibhar Aurus Prime Dr N Pistal Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

I'm wondering why no separation of Countries in the first round of the main draw?
I did a part of my Referee course and I thought separation was the thing to do ,
I saw 5 pairs of  Japanese and Chinese playing each other, maybe it has changed?
==============
Not "Maybe".  ITTF has changed the rule.

No separation of countries in the Qualification Group.
No separation of countries in the first Round of the Main Draw.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 11:18am

Liu Shiwen, with the win in Qatar Open, should have her ranking points at 11,915 (when April data comes out).
Liu Shiwen will be inside top 16. She won't need to play qualification.
===================
Received a private message from VladCeller, it is reproduced below:
=================
In accordance with the new rules of ITTF for the games won in the qualification are given additional points (I checked the example of Hungary Open ...)

Therefore, it will be correct:
L.S.W.                      9655+(2*57=114+2250=2364)=12029
D.N.                       10530+(2*57=114+1350=1464)=11994
===================
I believe that VladCeller's calculations are correct.
I overlooked that the matches won in the Qualification Group would gain 57 points per match.

Thanks to VladCeller.   
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 11:33am
With LSW and DN at 12029 and 11994 ranking points,
both should be in top 16. (When April WR comes out.)
=======================

In top 16, they will be seeded, and not be in the Qualification Group.
The new promising young players, playing in the QG, won't be screwed.

Edited by skip3119 - 03/13/2018 at 12:11pm
crazybassguitar View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazybassguitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2018 at 10:21am

It's better to create a VPN tunnel by installing some quality software. Check it out here Visit Now. That's not a spam. Just a rating of VPN software Visit Now.
crazybassguitar View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazybassguitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2018 at 3:59am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

VPN works fine for me.

VPN is an ultimate option here. But not every single piece of software will do the trick. I would recommend reading articles and guides on the subject to avoid technical issues and data linkages. this article is essential for understanding VPN.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic