FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Better Table Tennis World Ranking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

But you can't evaluate the performance of a system by largely focusing on something the system wasn't intended to do.
=========================
So the new ITTF ranking system was not intended to measure the player's playing level.
Oh my, what a great carefully thought of "intention".  LOL

Ma Long will have to fly all around the world to play at least 8 events in order not to be in a disadvantaged position, that's in addition to his domestic duty (CTTSL, China national games, etc.)
Risk of injury will be higher.

Changing that 8 events requirement to 6, will sound more reasonable.

For a new young promising player, he/she will need to play far more than 8 events in order to earn the ranking points - because one has to advance to the Main Draw to earn ranking points.  What, if a new young promising female player gets drawn into the same Qualification Group as Sun Yingsha (new ITTF ranking is 52, but the actual playing level is inside top 10), this new young promising player just wasted her trip. (I am sure that similar situation exists on men's side too.)

Edited by skip3119 - 01/13/2018 at 11:00am
skip3119
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 11:15am
8 is already very generous of the ITTF. BWF has recently decided to up it from 10 to 12 in 2018 for the top 15 in singles and top 10 in doubles. ATP is still at 18.

Just playing in anything earns you points now.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Also the new system has to be in place for awhile before things shake out. Obviously now the result is nonsensical.

Not sure why it is nonsensical if the focus is on balancing participation and results.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

8 is already very generous of the ITTF. BWF has recently decided to up it from 10 to 12 in 2018 for the top 15 in singles and top 10 in doubles. ATP is still at 18.

I guess the main difference is that most TT players can't make enough from tour events to be professionals even if they are in the top 50.
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 11:52am

I guess the main difference is that most TT players can't make enough from tour events to be professionals even if they are in the top 50.

Yes, even badminton pros have lamented about the prize money, which is already quite a bit higher than table tennis. Heck, even tennis folks complained Sampras earning peanuts in comparison to Woods when ATP implemented the latest points system in 2009(not surprisingly, the author made his own ranking system).

Edited by zeio - 01/13/2018 at 11:58am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 12:02pm

The issue with this thread is that it pretends the ITTF wants to measure player strength and the dubiously argues that the new system is flawed because it does not.

Can't blame. Even a Newsweek column writer falls into that trap.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 12:45pm

Exactly, did ITTF consider this when going to a tennis like system?

For example, in tennis, Indian Wells is a Masters 1000 mandatory event. If a player loses in the first round (128 players), they receive almost $12,000 in prize money. So even a loser in the first round will have their expenses covered.

In this years ITTF platinum event in Qatar, losing in the round of 16 gets a player $2,000, not even close to covering expenses.

The new ITTF system heavily skews towards participation from well funded countries like China, Japan, Germany, etc.

What happens to a player like Qadri Aruna? He has to go begging for the minimal sponsorship he has. He plays in the events he can afford to play in. The new system is not likely to change that.

Edited by qpskfec - 01/13/2018 at 12:45pm
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 1:39pm

1) Less then 10% of pros played more 8 or more world tours in 2018
2) Tennis pros don't play in clubs, whereby TT pros require club table tennis to make an income. I can give you a cost/income to show you how 99.9% of TT pros loose more money than gain in World tours
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 1:41pm

Of the few I know in top 50 - both male and female, they laugh at the income from world tour prize money

President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 1:49pm
I haven't posted here in a long time, but this is my findings:

1) new system - looser points are too high, it is 90% of winner. But new system's prize money, looser only gets 50% (or less) of winner.
So if the ratio of 90% (looser in final, SF or QF etc) is the "winning/accurate/correct" formula, then surely prize money awarding ratio must be adjusted :)

2) new system is by age group, so therefore for someone like Harimoto - who hardly played any juniors tournament is rank likely outside the top 10 or top 20
Comes YOG, he might not even be a seed.

3) juniors who feature in the senior ranking by having a fair junior partipation and senior participation - Moregard who lost over 700 ranking spots due to his junior points removed from senior ranking now places him about world rank 1000

4) together with 3, it is now more difficult for up and coming juniors to feature in senior world tours due to ITTF limitation by world ranking. Meaning if there are too many players entered, then the higher world ranking players (not necessary higher rated/better skilled) will be allowed to play ahead of your top juniors in the world.

What i'm trying to say about 3 and 4 is your unfair treatment of juniors who will struggle to take part in 4 or 6 or 8 senior tours, but are good enough to enter.
Now they not even allowed to enter as the new system reduce/removed them to near unranked

5) a solution for number 4 is for the juniors to play in the tournaments that no one wants to play - to get some ranking points

Also note  ITTF also had world tour (participation) ranking points and that leads to the grand finals
now they have 2 participation ranking - this is now kindof silly - kindof makes the world tour ranking points redundant

At the end of the day, I'm not looking at who is your number 1
But i'm looking at people inside top 100 or top 300 that shouldn't be there
and people that are inside top 200 now are top 900
As much as some gain a lot of points, many lost a lot of points

Sadly, participation of 8 a year is not easy, with world tours in 2017, less than 10% of players managed to take part in 8 or more.
majority was under 6 world tours (just look at the world tour ranking)

and the biggest problem is ranking by age group
so you have seniors, U21, juniors, cadet.
how will ITTF transfer points when the player moves up the age group or do they start from 0?

Edited by ZApenholder - 01/13/2018 at 1:54pm
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 9:06pm

Also the new system has to be in place for awhile before things shake out. Obviously now the result is nonsensical.

Not sure why it is nonsensical if the focus is on balancing participation and results.

Because in a year the rankings wont have Ding Ning at 21, for example.

People have a certain intuitive idea of what a world ranking should accomplish.

I am willing to see how things shake out before deciding much.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2018 at 4:01pm

Because in a year the rankings wont have Ding Ning at 21, for example.

People have a certain intuitive idea of what a world ranking should accomplish.

I am willing to see how things shake out before deciding much.

Yes, but it again means that you want the ranking to be based on strength which is not the same thing as activity.   Maybe we should bring back retired players into the system? Rank Michael Maze even though he is no longer on the tour?

I am being silly but I think if people read the fine print, they get it.
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 10:25am
There has to be a middle grou d where the current World Champion is not 21
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 10:32am

Maybe specific tournaments can give Wild cards and protected rankings?

I don't agree that such a middle ground has to exist if a person plays only one international event in the 6 months following the world championship, which happened in the first half of the year.
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 10:48am
NextLevel stated: "the focus is on balancing participation and results."
==============================
Not balancing participation and results at all.
It is greatly tilted toward (or in favor of) participation.

Edited by skip3119 - 01/15/2018 at 10:50am
skip3119
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

NextLevel stated: "the focus is on balancing participation and results."
==============================
Not balancing participation and results at all.
It is greatly tilted toward (or in favor of) participation.

Depends on what you think the balance should be that forces/incentivizes players to play to keep their rankings.  Also depends on whether you think that results are the same thing as strength.

IF you think someone should be able to play 1 international events in the last 6 months and be ranked #1 or even in the top 10, then you will definitely say it is tilted towards participation.  This would be Ma Long or Ding Ning.

I think that it is trying to force you to play to keep your ranking at the expense of measuring player strength (which in table tennis can be maintained in leagues outside of the tour).  But if you play, it is clear that there is enough room in the results for the best players to stay on top.  So that is why I say there is a balance.  If there was no balance, everyone would get the same reward for participating. The players are the top are still the best players, it is the players who didn't play who are mostly not ranked or ranked too low.

Edited by NextLevel - 01/15/2018 at 11:36am
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 11:39am

I don't agree that such a middle ground has to exist if a person plays only one international event in the 6 months following the world championship, which happened in the first half of the year.

They modelled the new system from tennis, except TT is not like tennis where there are 4 grand slams a year. In tennis if you win the Australian Open in January and quit the rest of the year, of course you don't deserve a good ranking. In TT it's totally different! Can you imagine the No. 1 tennis player going to tournament where the top prize is 5000 dollars? ITTF's new system is forcing top TT players to this very often!   
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 11:39am
If China chooses to send their top players to 8 events to regain their proper world rankings, then the limit of "6 players per gender per Association" will greatly hinder the rise of new young Chinese players.
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 11:43am
Did anyone say that?

"IF you think someone should be able to play 1 international events in the last 6 months and be ranked #1 or even in the top 10"
skip3119
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

They modelled the new system from tennis, except TT is not like tennis where there are 4 grand slams a year. In tennis if you win the Australian Open in January and quit the rest of the year, of course you don't deserve a good ranking. In TT it's totally different! Can you imagine the No. 1 tennis player going to tournament where the top prize is 5000 dollars? ITTF's new system is forcing top TT players to this very often!   

Can you imagine top athletes skipping the most important event of the year (World Cup 2016) because they were too bored to play and being shown on social media doing other things with their time?  And after doing so, there is no real damage to their rankings because of the system didn't affect their strength evaluation?

IT's a chicken and egg thing.  We have a billionaire who is willing to throw a lot of money into our sport.  The ITTF has to build a better product.  How will it build a better product if it cannot get top players to have consequences for not playing often?

Do note that the players who play more often on the tour than the top players also requested the change.  We can debate whether the system has the right balance but the ITTF is clearly trying to get players to prioritize the tour.  THe ITTF then has to hold up its part of the bargain and build a better product.
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 11:48am

Did anyone say that?

"<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">IF you think someone should be able to play 1 international events in the last 6 months and be ranked #1 or even in the top 10"</span>

Well, if there are two important tournaments in a year, then yes I AM saying if you win one you should be ranked in the top 10 LOL

ITTF is trying make all their tournament very important. They are NOT    If TT had half the prize money of tennis, then the new ranking system would totally work.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 11:50am

If China chooses to send their top players to 8 events to regain their proper world rankings, then the limit of "6 players per gender per Association" will greatly hinder the rise of new young Chinese players.

Not necessarily a bad thing.  It all depends on what your focus is.
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 11:57am

Can you imagine top athletes skipping the most important event of the year (World Cup 2016) because they were too bored to play and being shown on social media doing other things with their time?  And after doing so, there is no real damage to their rankings because of the system didn't affect their strength evaluation?

I'm not sure what you're saying here. I mean those who did go to World Cup 2016 and got good results, improved their rankings, didn't they?

IT's a chicken and egg thing.  We have a billionaire who is willing to throw a lot of money into our sport.  The ITTF has to build a better product.  How will it build a better product if it cannot get top players to have consequences for not playing often?

Do note that the players who play more often on the tour than the top players also requested the change.  We can debate whether the system has the right balance but the ITTF is clearly trying to get players to prioritize the tour.  THe ITTF then has to hold up its part of the bargain and build a better product.

Chicken and egg things assume chicken will lay eggs. I don't think ITTF should force players to do their part first THEN hold up their end of bargain. I mean I don't see TT as a better sport already just because a billionaire's involvement.   

Edited by ZingyDNA - 01/15/2018 at 11:58am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I'm not sure what you're saying here. I mean those who did go to World Cup 2016 and got good results, improved their rankings, didn't they?

Chicken and egg things assume chicken will lay eggs. I don't think ITTF should force player to do their part first THEN hold up their end of bargain. I mean I don't see TT as a better sport already just because a billionaire's involvement.   

I am saying that those who skipped it had no penalty  (Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen).  As someone who attended that cup and planned around it hoping to see them, it was annoying - how do you sell a tour when that kind of thing happens on a regular basis.  If you can maintain your ranking without playing, or only lose it slowly with cherry picked performances and /defaults (Timo Boll 2016, ZJK 2017), then there is no point in playing often.

You have a right to your opinion but I am okay with ITTF changing its rankings systems even if makes people annoyed for no reason other than they just don't like the change.  The ranking systems weren't doing anything so important that changing them hurts the universe.  It if encourages people to play, it is worth investigating.

Edited by NextLevel - 01/15/2018 at 12:03pm
Tibhar Inca
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 12:12pm
I think national associations should send ittf to hell and come up with new rating and world tours system
Choo-Lei
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 8:24am
Despite my misgivings regarding the new ranking system, I'm willing to give it a chance.  However, for me the ultimate litmus test for it will be how much money it will attract to table tennis.  From the ITTF website:

“One of our main goals is to massively increase the prize money at the ITTF.....To achieve this, we need to prove to our partners (media and sponsors) and our fans that our events are the best and most important. For them to be the most important, we need best players playing at the events. Our tools need to support that."

I assume they've talked to sponsors / potential sponsors regarding this.  Because let's face it, right now, if a good player that relies solely on ITTF prize money even if they were to get to the round of 16 of every single ITTF tour event would still be living at the poverty level.

I know you can't really compare because there's so much money in tennis, but at the 2017 Australian Open of Tennis, making it to the Main Draw gets you $50,000 ( http://www.totalsportek.com/tennis/australian-open-prize-money/ ) .  And the winner gets $4 million.  Total prize money for table tennis on the 2017 ITTF tour: $3.3 million.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 8:41am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

if a good player that relies solely on ITTF prize money even if they were to get to the round of 16 of every single ITTF tour event would still be living at the poverty level.

I'm afraid round of 16 is worse than poverty level...

Take Hungarian open 2018 for example:

Costs:
1) accreditation fee: 150 Euro
2) accommodation (single room) 145 Euro x 6 nights+/- = 870 euro
3) assuming player walked to the venue so not transport costs.
Total: 1020 euro

prize money to break even:
R16 singles: 1100 usd or 880 Euro
profit: -140 euro

now if player needs to cover coach expense:
1) say coach is very nice and coach for free: 0 Euro
2) accreditation + accommodation for coach 1020 euro
3) coach and player walked together to the tournament - 0 transportation fee

so total cost is now 2040 Euro
QF price money is 2200 usd or 1760 euro
player profit is - 280 Euro Smile

Maybe SF can break even if player get free transportation and free coaches,
SF is 4 players x 2 (mens and womens), so total 8 players can break even
total entry at 290, so  2.7% players break even for playing in this world tour....

If you to factor in Coaches salary, transportation, extra costs etc, you need to be the winner or finalist to break even or make money

So that is why its sad that ITTF is forcing the players to play more, as the players rather play in club table tennis - where they have lower overheads and higher income

But since ITTF fail to find sponsors, now they are forcing players to take part as much as possible - but limiting to max 6 per country, (Gu Yuting and Chen Ke is not allowed to take part in Hungarian Open for example), then that is equally astonishing

They are making world tours smaller
They are aiming for more top players to take part
The prize money is a joke for 98% of the players that take part

You know, many sports rely on club level to make the sport big.
I don't see Fifa or Fiba making "world events", so why can't we get more Club TT leagues around the world and ITTF just focus on 3 or 4 majors a year, and 1 x WTTC and 1 x WTTTC (no idea whats the purpose of GF, WC or WTC)

ITTF is trying too hard to make so many world tours, but its just silly - no one profits from it - not even the host organisation.

now with the new ranking + new qualifications criteria + separate age group ranking (harimoto and hirano is unranked / unseeded at the moment if YOG happens tomorrow), there is just way too many changes that wasn't Piloted.
Just like new ball change - no pilot first and fix before updated the whole circuit.

heck any business will know they should pilot a major change and fix flaws before going live

Edited by ZApenholder - 01/21/2018 at 8:44am
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 8:50am

We have a billionaire who is willing to throw a lot of money into our sport.  The ITTF has to build a better product.  How will it build a better product if it cannot get top players to have consequences for not playing often?

you are in USA
isnt one of your players have 2 billionaire uncles in the likes of Buffet and Gates?
how did that help USA?

I still think ITTF is fighting a loose cause.
They rather help 10 or 20 national federation to build professional leagues
and ITTF should just focus on majors

ITTF does not have the funds or enough billionaires to make 12 or 15 world events a year (if you add in junior, its 20+)

Also, once ITTF makes 10 or 20 national federation strong, each federation can host a wealthy tournament

ITTF should just do 3 or 4 majors and take its 3 or 4 Million USD and put 1 mill per event
and then develop locally

as much as table tennis is an individual sport, its the team sports that is funding pro tt players (look at 99% on where the money is in TT)
So i'm not sure why they keep trying to follow tennis.
India and T2 are classic examples as team sport investment in TT in 2017

Edited by ZApenholder - 01/21/2018 at 8:51am
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
VladCeller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 9:04am
ITTF Ranking 2/2018

4-ISHIKAWA Kasumi 13830                
 WANG Manyu 13308-13488                   
 ITO Mima                   13230                      
 HIRANO Miu               12796                     
 CHENG I-Ching           12375                 
 DOO Hoi Kem             11589                   
10- LI Jie                     11465                        
----------------------------------
11- CHEN Szu-Yu         11175     
 CHEN Xingtong           11112  
 LEE Ho Ching              10975                   
 HAYATA Hina               10935                    
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 10:48am
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

ITTF Ranking 2/2018

4-ISHIKAWA Kasumi 13830                
 WANG Manyu 13308-13488                   
 ITO Mima                   13230                      
 HIRANO Miu               12796                     
 CHENG I-Ching           12375                 
 DOO Hoi Kem             11589                   
10- LI Jie                     11465                        
----------------------------------
11- CHEN Szu-Yu         11175     
 CHEN Xingtong           11112  
 LEE Ho Ching              10975                   
 HAYATA Hina               10935                    

Hi VladCeller.  How did Li Jie leapfrog Chen Xingtong?  Chen Xingtong' current ranking points is 11472.  Since she only has 7 results, I would think she gets the the full 1440 points for making the semi-finals .. 11472 + 1440 = 12912.  Looks like you've subtracted 360 points from her current ranking points.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic