FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Coaching & Tips > Coaching & Tips

Pyramid Rule - Stay Close 2 the table

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pyramid Rule - Stay Close 2 the table
    Posted: 01/16/2018 at 12:15am
This is a post from USATT web page mentioning an idea developed by Table Tennis University: the pyramid rule.

https://tabletennisuniversity.com/blog/371455/the-pyramid-rule

USATT original post is there.

If we can handle staying close to the table that’s where we should be; a regular reminder is always welcome.
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2018 at 1:32am
It is the right idea at the pro level, but kind of a "one size fits all" approach for the amateur level... If you aren't training regularly with a coach, I think it would be hard to develop the timing and touch required to control the ball right at the table.

Even the distance of "close to the table" is a bit different depending on your size. I'm fairly tall (188 cm) and playing a little further off the table than a short guy gives me time to cover my weakness, my elbow close to the table, and use my wingspan and power further back.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2018 at 1:59am
Bmonkey thank you for the deep insight, we can tell you went there and back
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2018 at 2:06am

Edited by fatt - 01/16/2018 at 11:25am
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 4:16pm
This is interesting as I've actually been experimenting with this recently.  It's so uncomfortable yet places so much pressure on your opponent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic