Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Switch to Flexible controlled setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pacificspice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacificspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switch to Flexible controlled setup
    Posted: 01/17/2018 at 8:36pm
Hi I am looking for a flexible blade to switch my existing stiff one to become more spin oriented. I have a hard rubber H3N on FH which I would like to keep and switch Mark V on BH to some modern medium hard rubber as well.
Sponsored Links

Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 8:50pm
Hurricane King II
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 10:22pm
For what level of play? and from what distances from the table?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 10:29pm
729 V6
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 10:58pm
Depends on the blade speed you are looking for.   ALL+, OFF- or OFF?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
pacificspice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacificspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2018 at 11:19pm
Anywhere between ALL+ and OFF- mostly close to mid distance play for 1500 level player.
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 1:46am
I’ve tried a couple of theese blades. And I also play with H3N on my FH. I ended up with the Butterfly Primorac. It’s flexy with lots of control. But you’ll have to make your own speed. It’s far from the fastest blade I’ve tried.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 2:22am
Originally posted by pacificspice pacificspice wrote:

Anywhere between ALL+ and OFF- mostly close to mid distance play for 1500 level player.

Great. That's range is where I've spent most of my blade budget over the last 10 years.

I've owned and played with most of Stiga's, BTY's and Yasaka's ALL to OFF- catalogs between 2002-2011...

Mix in a couple random Donic, Tibhar, and Andro blades in that range, and here are the only two I didn't sell after a couple weeks or months.

Yasaka Extra (stay away from their composites)
Virtuoso+ 159mm (the large, the original)

These are superior to the Stiga offerings that are similar.

I pretty much stopped buying blades All-  to OFF- blades after the Virtuoso. 

I have an old Yasaka Gatien Extra that I thought was too slow for the plastic ball until I put Sanwei Target National and Rasant on it. I think plain old discontinued Rasant is like an upgraded classic rubber (like a Sriver/Mark V on steroids). I haven't found a replacement.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 5:37am
Very good flexy off- blade is yinhe mc-2 . I play with it for two years, and have good results (I play tournaments and league). In the same period I have or had 7-8 expensive composite blades like viscaria/tbs... but I play with mc-2, easier to play, better handle, better margin of error. I loop from both wings.
Blade is better than any primorac off-. And cheap.
It was also very good with new tg2 neo. Until tg2 neo softened too much :(
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 6:22am
Yasaka Sweden Classic or Yasaka Sweden Extra
Tibhar Emmanuel Lebesson
Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Blue Edition

Those are the ones I would tell you to start with. They are all cheap enough that you don't have to do too much. If they are too slow (and they are all roughly the same speed with maybe the Classic being the slowest and the Blue Edition being the fastest), the you can try something stiffer like a Korbel, HL5 or Innerforce ZLC.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 2:34pm
Appelgren Allplay is always worth a try.  Plenty fast and lots of feedback.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 5:24pm
I found that I care more about handle shape than I I originally thought, so make sure you give it a little thought.

For example, every Nittaku blade I have tried to date has a handle that is way too thin for my tastes. 

Most modern OFF-/ALL+ blades play perfectly fine and without going through the exercise of trying a whole bunch of them, consider a limba outer ply blade if you like spinning or koto  or something along those lines if you play a more direct game.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I found that I care more about handle shape than I I originally thought, so make sure you give it a little thought.

+1, same here
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

For example, every Nittaku blade I have tried to date has a handle that is way too thin for my tastes. 

If you get the chance, try Violin/Acoustic LG (L-Size handle) or Latika.
I hate the ST handle of the normal Violin, but absolutely love the L-Size ST handle!
If you prefer FL, there are L-Size FL handles as well, but I cannot comment.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 5:45pm
If you can tolerate all that vibration, Stiga Offensive Classic is a good choice, especially with a sheet of H3N.
Fly away!
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2018 at 2:58pm
Don't laugh guys but a BTY Grubba ALL+ with MXP, T05, T64 makes for a controlled setup with speed. Flexible catapult speed. Also loops very nice.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic