Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Photino blade genuine or not

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Victor2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photino blade genuine or not
    Posted: 01/18/2018 at 4:47pm
Hi guys,
I need help again for a Butterfly blade. Is this Photino blade genuine?

Thank you for all your answers.

Edited by Victor2016 - 01/18/2018 at 4:49pm
Sponsored Links

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 6:31pm
Why not ?

Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 7:20pm
You should have serious doubts if the blade comes from China.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 10:29pm
the photos are a little washed out. 

but I see no sign of anything to worry about.

fdt.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2018 at 1:10am
the blade is authentic man, don't have worries for anything. Wink

Edited by *_strataras_* - 01/19/2018 at 1:10am
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2018 at 11:20am
required by local laws, all fake photino blades should be mailed to me Tongue
EJ-turned blade collector
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2018 at 1:24pm
Looks 100% Genuine. If you want to be even more sure-perhaps you can email butterfly with the serial number on the blade, and ask for weight and whether they have that in their database. The weight should match or be off only by 1gram (different scales used).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2018 at 2:59pm
Thank you so much for all your answers. I decided to buy the blade. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 12:02am
Just out of curiosity....what rubbers are you thinking of pairing with this blade?

You are aware the Photino blade is quite fast, yes?

It feels like a Porsche without the first gear!!!

FdT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 8:13am
I think I'll try Tenergy 05 on forehand and Rakza 7 soft on backhand. I bought Photino because I was intrigued by its unique composition. I don't understand why Butterfly didn't rebrand it like Viscaria or Michael Maze. I have some composite blades like Timo Boll ZLC, TBS, Viscaria, Innerforce Layer ALC and Layer ZLC, Nittaku Barwell Fleet and now Photino takes it's place in my collection. If i'll like it? I don't know until I'll play with it.It's the only way to know if a blade suits you or not.

Edited by Victor2016 - 01/20/2018 at 8:13am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 9:38am
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

Looks 100% Genuine. If you want to be even more sure-perhaps you can email butterfly with the serial number on the blade, and ask for weight and whether they have that in their database. The weight should match or be off only by 1gram (different scales used).

due to humidity weight can change. depend in what environment blade was stored
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 10:37am
It is awesome for looping away from the table for sure. Feeling is great.

Short game though....my experience was that it was rather challenging. A pro might be able to control it yes. I still think the pro might still lose a few points from unforced mistakes in the short game. Especially if you're using T05. 

Heck I might grab mine and hit with it one of these days. I do love looping with it. Right now Im using Viscaria, which is way more controllable. And softer feeling too.

The construction is amazing! It's built like a  Sherman tank!! Solid!

Anyway, I do hope you like it!!

FdT
gosm92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gosm92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2018 at 1:53am
hi,
are you selling timo b zlc ?
yhx
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 4:08pm
The guy who runs our club recently got one and likes it. He let use it a couple nights since we both play SP on the BH side and I found that I really like it too. If fact, I liked it enough that I bought my own and would probably add another if I had the chance.

I found that it has played well with T80 and T64 (althoughT64 was a touch fast for me) and right now I love it with Yasaka Rising Dragon. I like Clippa on the BH while the other guy uses Flarestorm which is not bad. He does prefer faster blades than me.

To me, the blade combines the best features of both a 5-ply (crispness and some flex) and a 7-ply (hitting and power) with out the drawbacks of each. In no way whatsoever have I found it to be too fast including close to the table. I am also pretty particular about “too fast at too close” havving tried A LOT of benchmark blades over the years.

Maybe Butterfly should bring back the Photino as it seems to like the bigger ball?
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic