Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble flipping with airoc s easy with H3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble flipping with airoc s easy with H3
    Posted: 01/20/2018 at 1:31pm
Hi, I’m trying out airoc s on my backhand. I can’t get my banana flicks to work (land in the middel/bottom of the net) if I flip the racket and use H3 to do the flip. It’s easy to do it, goes over the net by a good margin with plass of spin. Could I benefit from using a higher throw rubber like Tenergy 05 on my BH. or maybe Tibhar El-p or something similar. Thoughts?

I don’t need a soft rubber on my BH, it’s just one I had from before
Sponsored Links

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 2:45pm
Well yes, generally speaking a slow, high throw rubber with a grippy, hard and tacky topsheet will be the easiest to flip no spin balls safely. But there will be tradeoffs in other areas. So it's a matter of fine tuning these variables to your liking.

I suggest trying something middle ground in these areas, then you can decide if you need more of one factor or less. Tenergy might be too fast. Hurricane might be too hard. El-P might do the job. For brushy flipping I liked Baracuda, MX-P and Hurricane best, in that order. For more spongy flicking I like Genius. But you really need to test for yourself.
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 3:28pm
Isn’t mx-p even faster than Tenergy 05? I think I might try the EL-P (Hurricane is good for flipping but too hard and slow for my bh)
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 4:08pm
MX-P gets you speed more easily. So it depends on your shot range. EL-P is basically the slow version of MX-P. To me it felt like a wimpy rubber. Try it, and once you master it you can upgrade to MX-P.
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 4:09pm
I see Rozena in your signature - how does it compare to the Airoc? But yeah H3 is hard and tacky vs a soft and grippy Airoc - going to require different techniques. Maybe open your angle a bit more and engage the sponge better perhaps?
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 4:32pm
the Rozena was better (it’s partly destroyed now, botched it on the side of the table :/ ) will glue it and do a test tomorrow just to confirm it. Maybe I just should buy a new Rozena
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2018 at 10:33am
Confirmed, now I’m just wondering... new Rozena or Tenergy 80
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic