tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

New Sacramento CA club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2018 at 1:29pm
While NL is generally correct in that I talk up or highlight strengths of opponent and belittle myself, in this one case I called it right.

Rocketman22 has the long California ratings history to prove he is 1.5 levels better player than BH-man.

OK, I never point hunt in a tourney, but neither does Rocketman22, he earned his rating and level in tourney combat, I have not yet defeated the players he did in tourneys.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 2:11am
Posted the April 14 Teams Tourney details on the "Rek't by Rocketman22" Thread, since Rocketman wants to be on my team (which I did not yet form) and lead to victory behind hiz capable gunz. Prize money is pretty good too.

Registration and payment are up and running on Omni Pong.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 3:06am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Posted the April 14 Teams Tourney details on the "Rek't by Rocketman22" Thread, since Rocketman wants to be on my team (which I did not yet form) and lead to victory behind hiz capable gunz. Prize money is pretty good too.

Registration and payment are up and running on Omni Pong.

thanks
Stiga Clipper Wood, Viscaria,BBC,
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 6:01am
Everyone RUN FOR THE HILLS, emihet, Sergie, and another 2000+ player may form the nucleus of a Div 1 team in the Teams Tourney that may send you home early...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 6:05am
BH-Man is not good enough for Div 1, but I think our perspective team for Div 2 could make the field shyt sum bricks though...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2018 at 8:08pm
OK.... so who is gunna make it to SITTA in Sacramento for an inter-forum meetup?

In2Spin sez around 12 PM or so, I got two from Table Tennis Daily showing up around 3 PM...

@mts... you gunna bring Ur pips and Ur Gunz and gun us down with the Long Pips? Can Chris G. steal out of town?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2018 at 5:34am
I was lucky to play today, despite risking my marriage.

Nam Tran took a pic of him and MyTT forum member "in2spin" (a 2000ish playing level guy prolly rated lower) In2Spin came to the club at 12PM and unfortunately, I was with said wife getting commanded around in various places of shopping.

I did meet ttMonster from TT Daily and David M (a player I knew from my Korea days) ... Unfortunately, I was very off, as it is on these days where I hear it from the wife unit... ttMonster proclaimed he was a couple levels lower than his normal standard, yes, I saw some rust when he hit with me, but in doubles with me and with David M, new club owner oohed and awed at ttMonster and thought he was 2000.

Ditto for David M who flashed his pro-style game all day long with ease.

He also jumped out to a crushing 2-0 lad in our match, cry foul on Der_Echte for saying F, S, D and any other English 4-5 letter word one should not utter in public and kicking his bat from a rest on the ground to nearly take off ttMonster's head from a distance of 11 meters... I need to leave table tennis and tryout for Bayern Munich, I got the foot for it.

I DID flex the bicep and cheer for others on their fabulous FH hits for winners, especially a Vietnamese 50+ lady who got some serious FH fierce, she even flexed it a few times herself.

Korean style we did, going to several resturants that had lines backed up to Arizona, settled on a place and had a late dinner.

ttMonster drove up here fighting through a little traffic and got a taste of what Der_Echte does to play on his team in San Jose area. Hope he got back safe, I ended up doing 3-4 hours of impossible work inside the garage and have another 4-5 hours hard work Sunday.

ttMonster and Davd M got to meet Sergie and Joey, two 2000+ players for singles and doubles and got a lot of match play. Then James 2200+ and Serge (1700 California but will Biatch slap you on the table) showed up right before we left, we duly called the club to attention.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2018 at 6:16pm
In2Spin took a pic with Coach Nam... sorry I was busy with wife then real busy in garage until 4 yesterday, but at least In2Spin got a chance to knock it around with Coach Nam (Upper 2300s USATT)

emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2018 at 8:43pm
Are u going Thursday bh-man
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2018 at 9:50pm
emihet,

What kind of question is that? You know me well, my friend.

However, I could understand if someone asks me what time I intend to be there Thursday... :D
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2018 at 12:47am
ok see ya tomorrow
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 12:21am
3 Weeks from teams tourney for $1000 smackeroos... who is going?
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 1:56am
Just one team so far.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 3:02pm
I will be at the new club this evening, a 2000+ friend is passing through town.

Who is up for hit?
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2018 at 5:44pm

Evidently not  many going since I was just on omnipong and saw the tournament has been cancelled. Not exactly the best impression to make for their first tournament. LOL.
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2018 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Evidently not  many going since I was just on omnipong and saw the tournament has been cancelled. Not exactly the best impression to make for their first tournament. LOL.

Getting 27 players for a three division team tournament is not a good sign. 
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 2:28am
I even made uniforms with names for two new team members out of town... oh well, there is always the sitta handicap round robin and other local tourneys in bay area...
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 11:54am

I even made uniforms with names for two new team members out of town... oh well, there is always the sitta handicap round robin and other local tourneys in bay area...

You're very optimistic.  Your teammates didn't even sigh up for the tournament.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 8:53pm
I signed up my team, a whopping 4 of us, 3 from bay area (Rocketman22 one of them).

This is a chance for SITTA to lessen the allow ratings point difference among team mates from 800 to something lower to allow for a more balanced team.

As it was, the optimal team was for two max rated allowed players and one 800 points below. At that rate, the lower player wasn't going to play or be a factor.

If the point spread is 200-300 and only one player plays two matches and a doubles in there, then there is more factor of each team member. 

We'll see how it goes, coach Nam can see this thread.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 9:37pm

I signed up my team, a whopping 4 of us, 3 from bay area (Rocketman22 one of them).

This is a chance for SITTA to lessen the allow ratings point difference among team mates from 800 to something lower to allow for a more balanced team.

As it was, the optimal team was for two max rated allowed players and one 800 points below. At that rate, the lower player wasn't going to play or be a factor.

If the point spread is 200-300 and only one player plays two matches and a doubles in there, then there is more factor of each team member. 

We'll see how it goes, coach Nam can see this thread.
In the 5500 division you could have 3 players with average dating of 1833. And if it’s set up as 3 person team event all three players HAVE to play regardless of their rating.
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 2:39am
True, but if the allowed formation of team consisting of a couple 2100 players and a 1400 player (using max 800 rating difference) ... the 2100s play 4 games... they will win at least 3 of 4 vs a more balanced team and #5 player doesn't really play (team vs team match stops at 3rd win) or isn't a factor.

This kind of setup is more of a 2 player event, but what the heck, it is all what it is.

If I can get our out of town team mates to come to the next SITTA Handicap Round Robin, great, if not, then I will instigate a special team vs team matchup privately funded at a Bay Area Club.

Make some trouble Trouble Makers.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2018 at 2:40am
April 21 is Unsanctioned HANDICAP Round Robin Tourney 1st/2nd place cash. 50 points rating difference no handicap, 1 point handicap for each additional 100 ratings point difference, 7 pt handicap max. 

Will Rocketman2 and mts show up and win it all?

Rocketman22, if you and B.L. show up, I can give you your uniforms.

Edited by BH-Man - 04/17/2018 at 2:40am
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2018 at 11:47pm
Rocketman22 sez prospects look good. Any other Sac (mts calling) or Bay Are ringers game for this one?

If my wife goes to visit relatives, I will instigate some trouble in a few Bay Area clubs, haven't been down there for a little spell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic