FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

New Sacramento CA club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Eventually, I hope they get their website to reflect the basics.

This club has a lot of potential to be a great functioning club if they thin out some of the tables (too tight), get customers, and do stuff from there. They have a very good foundation of a pro look and large capacity, they need the players to show up. That is where one of the things the Chinese lady who made the first real full time club went wrong, her club is capped at 9 tables, no room to expand further. 

Did you talk to them about taking out some of the tables?  I'd remove 2 tables per row until all the tables are used, then add a table.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2018 at 3:54am

Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

hokey smokes!!!  thanks!

what table is our rematch gonna be on?

:)

Not gunna be much of a re-match, 8 months of 1-2 times playing has dropped my play level a good deal.

What the heck, bring it on anyway if you won't be bored.

What forum members wanna meetup when?
Want to do next saturday/sunday?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2018 at 5:34pm
I just pissed off wife by going to new club this Sat unannounced... but what the heck, why not? There is also ttmonster from Santa Clara on TTD forum and our friend David Mu (Tahiti Natl player) and who knows how many others we can organize for a meetup? 
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2018 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Eventually, I hope they get their website to reflect the basics.

This club has a lot of potential to be a great functioning club if they thin out some of the tables (too tight), get customers, and do stuff from there. They have a very good foundation of a pro look and large capacity, they need the players to show up. That is where one of the things the Chinese lady who made the first real full time club went wrong, her club is capped at 9 tables, no room to expand further. 

Did you talk to them about taking out some of the tables?  I'd remove 2 tables per row until all the tables are used, then add a table.

I2S,

The owner DID pop out this Saturday for a few minutes to the playing floor... the largest point was first the depth of the play area, we moved the barriers back 4-5 feet on each side... then we addressed the HVAC issues... they installed a mega-sized HVAC system that would work for the Metrodome in New Orleans... 

All in all, I think we can get through to the owner either directly or through his nephew, coach Nam (2300+ player/coach)

This club has great potential if players actually show up and the owner listens to some more things on top of is already ambitious vision.

The space in the large room is suitable for THREE rows of FOUR tables (7-8 ft space between tables) and three tables netted off for coaching/training. The small room should have 4-5 tables tops.

This would make it a 20 table club (with acceptable room), but what the heck, at that number it would still be one of the baddest-azz clubs in not the baddest-est on the entire continent !!!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2018 at 10:01pm
The owner thinned out some tables and the middle row in the main gym is good enough space for most players. The small room  has only barely acceptable space. The other nice stuff the club has planned, like restaurant and what not are still under construction. This place can be real good elite, but we will see.

Pic of gym with one table per row removed... note the lighting is very... frequent medium strong, overall great distribution.

I enticed Coach Nam to showing some silly emotion for a TT warrior he is.

Edited by BH-Man - 03/06/2018 at 10:07pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2018 at 10:08pm
Who is up for this Sat or Sunday PM meetup at the new gym?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2018 at 2:16am
me :)
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2018 at 4:52pm
i should be able to make it there on Thursday evening...actually quite a few of us will go play that evening
Stiga Clipper Wood, Viscaria,BBC,
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2018 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

hokey smokes!!!  thanks!

what table is our rematch gonna be on?

I don't know how popular TT is in this area, but unless they already have waiting lines for the tables, it's probably better to remove 1-2 tables per row just like BH-Man suggested.  Playing conditions matter, and bumping into neighbors during the match is not fun.

indeed there is a strong recommendation to remove a few tables and give more room for the rest of the tables...+1
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2018 at 12:19am
I will be there this Thursday, but the big forum metup looks like it won't happen this weekend, only rocketman saying this weekend. However, there is a tourney that is kinda getting some bay area forum members away from the new club, so...

How about the weekend of 17-18 March?

Yeah, a two hour drive from Bay area, but I drive that length to cause trouble in Bay area all the time, one time isn't gunna hurt our Bay area friends.  I got two who say they are very likely to come up here 17-18 March weekend sometime in PM.
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2018 at 5:04pm
I might be down for next weekend

This weekend we lose an hour of sleep (daylight savings)

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2018 at 5:23pm
I'll be in sacramento anyways on saturday, if you guys want to hit for a couple of hours in the afternoon, let me know.
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I'll be in sacramento anyways on saturday, if you guys want to hit for a couple of hours in the afternoon, let me know.

Are you playing in the Sacramento tournament?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2018 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Are you playing in the Sacramento tournament?

Not playing in it, but will come to support my student for a few matches.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2018 at 3:45pm
it was good to see about 20 players playing at the club last night, nice of the UC Davis team to join us as well
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 1:48am
Rocketman22 showed up today after showing up at the Sac Open. 

Anyone not knowing it, Rocketman got some serious high level strokes, point construction, and shot selection.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 4:29am
first of all thanks a lot to bh-man for taking out time to play with me, it was a lot of fun, i can't wait to go back and get some revenge ;)

this is an amazing club, brand new joola 3000sc tables, lots of space, perfect lighting, professional flooring, has nice restrooms, a sauna room, its like a 5-star club.

The owner is very humble and passionate about ping pong, I sincerely hope that this club succeeds, bh-man is already helping the owner with spreading the word about the club, so the chances are good :)
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 1:22pm
SITTA changed the URL of their website.

It is now:

https://www.sittafit.com/

They are planning a teams tourney in April, they ought to have the flyer on their site soon under upcoming events. I will ape coach Nam until he uploads it.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 1:24pm
Rocketman22,

Revenge? Sweet German Rache?

You took it so easy on me it was almost criminal. You played cat and mouse with me on mis-direction shots.

You play full speed you will smoke me 3-0 or 3-1 if I am lucky.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 9:10pm

Rocketman22,

You took it so easy on me it was almost criminal. You played cat and mouse with me on mis-direction shots.

so what was the score?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

Rocketman22,

so what was the score?

BH-man got me 3-2, 3-1, 3-1, ever since I have been listening to eye of the tiger....watch out for the future training montage video
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2018 at 11:28pm

Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

Rocketman22,

so what was the score?

BH-man got me 3-2, 3-1, 3-1, ever since I have been listening to eye of the tiger....watch out for the future training montage video
good matches...i am afraid to play BH-man now
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 4:58am
Sure, the score was what it was, but Rocketman will have a crushing win vs me anytime. It's either that, or I just play better in a venue where I can see the ball. Let's just go with Rocketman taking it easy not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. He showed me he has an arsenal of shots.

Anyone seeing Rocketman in action will know most of his strokes are two levels more developed than mine. Dude has feel and touch. He got back a lot of my uber spinny shots with touch that many players will block out to the barrier... and he did that without taking it off the bounce - a tough task.

The last match, we played inverted/OX LP vs inverted OX LP.

For the benefit of the forum, emihet has played me enough to know he wins vs me going 45% trying easy. The only thing he might be scared of is how much I will eat if he offers to buy dinner.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 5:00am
Rocketman's upcoming training vid is surely gunna be something fierce.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 11:35pm
Will in2spin and others look to meet this weekend at the new club?

I have 2-3 friends from TT Daily forum trying to make their way up here from the Bay area...
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2018 at 3:27am

Will in2spin and others look to meet this weekend at the new club?

I have 2-3 friends from TT Daily forum trying to make their way up here from the Bay area...

What day and time will you be playing?
mickd View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2018 at 10:27am
I really want to hit with you guys. Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit the states in the future.....
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2018 at 1:00pm
how many are in?

if i do go, it will probably be:  get there around noon-ish and leave by 3-4 on saturday

mickd:  i bought a Korbel from you right?  i'm still using it !

NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2018 at 1:10pm
BH-man is a sandbagger of the worst kind. He always underrates himself and overrates his opponents in reports. To be fair, like me, BH-Man is 90% service oriented though his serves are much better than mine. Basically, if you read and return his serves properly, then his level drops like 300 pts. However this is not easy even for 2000 USATT level players. Not saying that BH Man can't rally or block (he definitely can) but I can assure you that those things are not the reason he beat rocketman222. If I play BH-Man I have to commit to a best of 3 matches or something like that. I lose the first one or two badly because I can't read and/or return serves for a damn. But as my subconscious kicks in, it gets closer. And while my serve game is not as tricky as his, it is pretty versatile and I can always give new wrinkles over the course of 3 matches. After that we are both out of crap to pull.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2018 at 1:23pm

how many are in?

if i do go, it will probably be:  get there around noon-ish and leave by 3-4 on saturday

mickd:  i bought a Korbel from you right?  i'm still using it !

I got 2 to 3 formers already lined up... maybe more show up Sat pm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic