Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Jiangshan Guo equipment?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
obesechopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jiangshan Guo equipment?
    Posted: 02/05/2018 at 12:39pm
Anyone know what equipment she's using? 

It appears to be OX LP, but I've not seen it confirmed anywhere. 

Any ideas? 
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2018 at 12:47pm
BH Dawei OX think 388d-1

kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2018 at 1:01pm
What a fabulous player! The way she hits with her BH you'd think she was using sponge under her LPs. What blade and FH rubber is she using? Any idea?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2018 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by kevo kevo wrote:

What a fabulous player! The way she hits with her BH you'd think she was using sponge under her LPs. What blade and FH rubber is she using? Any idea?

Not sure on any of those. The commentator during one of her matches says she's playing with long pips, but no mention of the thickness or brand. Going by the sound she makes when hitting, I'd assume ox... or a very thin sponge if any. 

Forehand rubber wasn't mentioned either, aside from the note that she is more of a smasher than a looper. 

I've got curl PH trying to emulate her style, and using tenergy 64 fx on the forehand for what that's worth! I might imagine that she uses one of the grippier LP in ox. Something similar to Haruna Fukuako (spelling).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2018 at 7:19pm

Any ideas on the blade?

https://www.teamusa.org/-/media/USA_Table_Tennis/Images/News/10-17/southeastern-open-press-release-2-1.jpg?la=en&hash=35EB56E8DD6AC33DC3BB6C0C7FAE5D44CA56DF8E
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2018 at 8:19pm
It's either a Nittaku Acoustic, Acoustic Carbon, or Acoustic Carbon Inner
Blade - Butterfly Joo Saehyuk ST
Forehand - Xiom Omega 5 Asia
Backhand - Xiom Vega Europe DF
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2018 at 9:01am
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

Not sure on any of those. The commentator during one of her matches says she's playing with long pips, but no mention of the thickness or brand. Going by the sound she makes when hitting, I'd assume ox... or a very thin sponge if any. 

Forehand rubber wasn't mentioned either, aside from the note that she is more of a smasher than a looper. 

I've got curl PH trying to emulate her style, and using tenergy 64 fx on the forehand for what that's worth! I might imagine that she uses one of the grippier LP in ox. Something similar to Haruna Fukuako (spelling).

Sounds like a great set up, Obesechopper. I've never used grippy pips--using Neubauer Gangster now and it's good but not great at everything. I might give the Curl PH a try in the off season. Or maybe the Daweii 380-1. I use Tenergy 05 at the moment but what is Tenergy 64FX like?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 1:04pm

Sounds like a great set up, Obesechopper. I've never used grippy pips--using Neubauer Gangster now and it's good but not great at everything. I might give the Curl PH a try in the off season. Or maybe the Daweii 380-1. I use Tenergy 05 at the moment but what is Tenergy 64FX like?

It's a bit slower, softer and easier to play with at least using my strokes. I mainly got it because a lot of defenders seem to use 64. And I like softer sponges myself so I went with the fx. I tried using short pips on the forehand for awhile but my strokes were more spin dependent than I thought. So I use the backhand to hit and block and if they give me a paddycake fluff ball to avoid engaging my pips, I keep them.honest with a forehand smash or loop. The 64 fx has enough power to get the job done without being overly touchy in any aspect of the game. Though I don't use it as an all out forehand attacker would.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 4:26pm
Are you guys sure it's OX?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

No I'm not sure but based on the sound and other players using a similar style, I imagine it's ox. Could be totally wrong though.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 5:20pm

No I'm not sure but based on the sound and other players using a similar style, I imagine it's ox. Could be totally wrong though.

The stroke does not look like OX.  Also, the bounce is way too fast for OX.  However, she plays so well, that I wouldn't dare guess what she can or cannot do with OX Smile.  If some one actually see what she has on BH to confirm, it would be great.

Edited by mhnh007 - 02/08/2018 at 5:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 11:00pm

The stroke does not look like OX.  Also, the bounce is way too fast for OX.  However, she plays so well, that I wouldn't dare guess what she can or cannot do with OX Smile.  If some one actually see what she has on BH to confirm, it would be great.

I think you can hit pretty darn fast with ox rubbers! When I play my LP OX hitting game, many of my new opponents just stand there staring at where the ball was. If you wind up the arm and really give it a hefty backhand slap, almost persson style, it goes back FAST! Add to that fact, it is a knuckle ball flying at them with a weird, skidding kind of wobble quality... makes it quite difficult to read and react to. 
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 7:42am
I am talking about the bounce ralative to the strike. Also, there is no float ball when she swipes.

Edited by mhnh007 - 02/09/2018 at 9:18am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 10:20am

I think you can hit pretty darn fast with ox rubbers! When I play my LP OX hitting game, many of my new opponents just stand there staring at where the ball was. If you wind up the arm and really give it a hefty backhand slap, almost persson style, it goes back FAST! Add to that fact, it is a knuckle ball flying at them with a weird, skidding kind of wobble quality... makes it quite difficult to read and react to. 

While you can definitely attack with OX long pips, watching her, it seems unlikely to be OX. Attacking deep topspin with OX as much as she did is really difficult to do consistently. Dawei 388D or D-1 means that it's even more likely to have at least a thin sponge as those pips, while "grippy" for being Chinese pips, are still less grippy than Eurojap style pips.

Edit: I'm taking a closer look at her stroke and it's possible that she's using OX but also still possible that she has a thin sponge. I still think that for her style, she would benefit from using a sponge to gain more consistency and speed on her attacks.

Edited by GeneralSpecific - 02/09/2018 at 10:59am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 11:08am
How about the following:

Ni Xia Lian
Zhou Xintong
Min Hyung Jee
Haruna Fukuoka

I've heard they all use OX LP (sometimes zhou xintong is listed as using .5 sponge, but the latest seemed to say OX), and have similar hits. 

Are there any known LP attackers who use some sponge? 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 11:34am

How about the following:

Ni Xia Lian
Zhou Xintong
Min Hyung Jee
Haruna Fukuoka

I've heard they all use OX LP (sometimes zhou xintong is listed as using .5 sponge, but the latest seemed to say OX), and have similar hits. 

Your examples seem to all use OX. The first 2 are penholders and I can't don't have too much understanding of what's required of their stroke, especially on forehand strokes.
The other 2 seem to be less aggressive against topspin than Jiangshan Guo is. They seem to do more chop blocking against topspin than her.

Some notable examples of long pips attackers who use sponge that instantly come to mind:
Deng Yaping
Carl Prean
Galia Dvorak
Yang Xiaoxin

book4all View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book4all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 1:20pm
Guo uses Hurricane FH and Dawei LP BH, according to the net.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 1:22pm
Not sure if she goes into attacking topspin but this woman is great and really skilled at imparting info. She would make a great coach I'd imagine. She uses OX Dtecs on hard blade of some sort. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip4FrWxA3V8
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by book4all book4all wrote:

Yes, we all agree on that but we are trying to figure out if she uses any sponge on her backhand.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Originally posted by book4all book4all wrote:

Yes, we all agree on that but we are trying to figure out if she uses any sponge on her backhand.

LOL.  At this very net, we are not sure, so according 'The Net' is not that reliable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

How about the following:

Ni Xia Lian
Zhou Xintong
Min Hyung Jee
Haruna Fukuoka

Your examples seem to all use OX. The first 2 are penholders and I can't don't have too much understanding of what's required of their stroke, especially on forehand strokes.
The other 2 seem to be less aggressive against topspin than Jiangshan Guo is. They seem to do more chop blocking against topspin than her.

Some notable examples of long pips attackers who use sponge that instantly come to mind:
Deng Yaping
Carl Prean
Galia Dvorak
Yang Xiaoxin

What rubber does galia use? Quick google mentioned feint ag 1.5? 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 2:33pm

What rubber does galia use? Quick google mentioned feint ag 1.5? 

Straight from her personal twitter she said she use a Timo Boll T5000 blade with Feint Soft (not ag).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic