FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Which Long Pips Rubber ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

=======================
Where can I buy this rubber?
LOL even Skip is tempted.  Count me in, can't overlook a 100 point improvement Smile.

taobao has them; there are 2 "light curing certification" treated LPs (388D-1 and saviga). Unlike other treated LPs, those treated LPs are as durable as the org. LPs. I played with both LPs. Ya, at least 100~200 pts sound is about right.
=================
at least 100~200 pts sound is about right.
-----------------------------
Sounds attractive to me.

Link to buy it?
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 5:03pm
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 5:37pm

Found it.
Cost:  $6.39 

Did you buy items from taobao before? It is a little troublesome Tongue

same seller Tongue

Edited by Egghead - 03/28/2018 at 5:40pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 6:28pm
Egghead is smart. He knew I would run into problems.

Took me quite a while just to register.

Even when I am a Chinese (know only traditional Chinese, not simplified Chinese),
I am unsuccessful to do check out.

It never takes me to enter my credit card #.

Failed, I am unable to order it. (I wanted to buy two sheets, but failed at check out.)

*** 2 sheets, include shipping is 100 yuan (about 15 USD, or $15.) Not expensive, 
*** but failed during check-out.  Will try again some time. Spent 2 hours on this already. I think.

Edited by skip3119 - 03/28/2018 at 6:43pm
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 6:57pm

Egghead is smart. He knew I would run into problems.

Took me quite a while just to register.

Even when I am a Chinese (know only traditional Chinese, not simplified Chinese),
I am unsuccessful to do check out.

It never takes me to enter my credit card #.

Failed, I am unable to order it. (I wanted to buy two sheets, but failed at check out.)

*** 2 sheets, include shipping is 100 yuan (about 15 USD, or $15.) Not expensive, 
*** but failed during check-out.  Will try again some time. Spent 2 hours on this. I think.

At first, you need to open an Alipay account (a.k.a china paypal, 支付寶), then you can pay your lp rubbers with Alipay at taobao. While you are ordering your LP rubbers, you will need to arrange the consolidated shipping forwarding service provider (海外集運, you can use the taobao's provider) as well。It is not wise to order only 2 lp sheets. It is because the shipping cost for the 1st kg to NA. is ~25 usd.

read the following :)
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 6:57pm
I may just forget about it, too much trouble to order this rubber.

eBay does not have this "light curing 388D-1" rubber.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 7:07pm
To buy from taobao you need an agent. Do a search on YouTube to find out how. It maybe best to buy a big patch and share with forum members.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 7:49pm

To buy from taobao you need an agent. Do a search on YouTube to find out how. It maybe best to buy a big patch and share with forum members.
You did not need an agent now. Taobao has Taobao global consolidated shipping (Taobao direct ???)

HOW TO BUY FROM TAOBAO

Edited by Egghead - 03/28/2018 at 7:49pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 8:08pm

====================

mhnh007:  Thanks.  You have helped.

Agent:  https://www.86daigou.com/
Ordered 5 sheets.  Cost:  $32.26  ($6.45 per sheet. not expensive at all.)
Paid with Paypal.

Unsure if there is any additional charge later, from the Agent.
Unsure if Agent will mail the rubber to me as soon as they receive it.
(I don't have any other order for the Agent to consolidate them for shipping.)
Or I have to contact the Agent and ask them to send it to me.

Anyway, the order was placed around 7:45 PM on 3-28-2018.
When I will be able to receive the rubber?  I don't know.

Rubber ordered:

Edited by skip3119 - 03/28/2018 at 8:16pm
nachalnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nachalnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 8:16pm
Guys, if you receive this stuff, can I buy one from you? Thanks
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 8:48pm
I'm kind of puzzled by the enthusiasm for this specific LP - if you have no problem playing with 'treated' (*cough* illegal *cough*) rubber in competition, why don't you save 6-7$ and simply stick one of your current LPs under UV lamp and call it a day? 

Same thing, really, you'll be enjoying your newly found 100-200 rating points soon enough.

Shocked
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 8:55pm
I have only ordered 5 sheets, I intend to keep them all.
===========
pgpg's comment:

Why don't you save 6-7$ and simply stick one of your current LPs under UV lamp and call it a day?
(My answer:  Excellent comment.)
----------------------
Same thing, really, you'll be enjoying your newly found 100-200 rating points soon enough.
(My answer:  Don't think I will gain 100-200 rating points.  Just want to try something new.)
(It is not the rubber, it is the skill that matters.)

Edited by skip3119 - 03/28/2018 at 9:01pm
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

I'm kind of puzzled by the enthusiasm for this specific LP - if you have no problem playing with 'treated' (*cough* illegal *cough*) rubber in competition, why don't you save 6-7$ and simply stick one of your current LPs under UV lamp and call it a day? 

Shocked
First of all,  UV lamp costs $20. The "UV lamp-ed" and "other method treated" LPs will last only one month or so. The light-cured lps last as long as the reg lps

Edited by Egghead - 03/29/2018 at 6:08pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 12:28am

----------------------
(My answer:  Don't think I will gain 100-200 rating points.  Just want to try something new.)
(It is not the rubber, it is the skill that matters.)

In the particular case of my clubmate, I would definitely say that he gained 100-200 points just from this rubber.  He has average skills for LP, but nothing special.  However, with this treated rubber the balls that come off of that rubber are much, much harder to handle.  Before it was easy to beat him and now it's a struggle.  In fact, I've never before seen someone's success go up so much just from changing rubber.

The rubber is clearly illegal, since it's been treated. I also tried looking for the ITTF stamp either on the rubber or the packaging and couldn't find it.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 1:00am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">----------------------
</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Same thing, really, you'll be enjoying your newly found 100-200 rating points soon enough.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">(My answer:  Don't think I will gain 100-200 rating points.  Just want to try something new.)<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">(It is not the rubber, it is the skill that matters.)

In the particular case of my clubmate, I would definitely say that he gained 100-200 points just from this rubber.  He has average skills for LP, but nothing special.  However, with this treated rubber the balls that come off of that rubber are much, much harder to handle.  Before it was easy to beat him and now it's a struggle.  In fact, I've never before seen someone's success go up so much just from changing rubber.

The rubber is clearly illegal, since it's been treated. I also tried looking for the ITTF stamp either on the rubber or the packaging and couldn't find it.

So, it is okay to boost inverted rubbers, but this curing for long pips is not acceptable ?
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 1:07am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Same thing, really, you'll be enjoying your newly found 100-200 rating points soon enough.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">(My answer:  Don't think I will gain 100-200 rating points.  Just want to try something new.)<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">(It is not the rubber, it is the skill that matters.)

So, it is okay to boost inverted rubbers, but this curing for long pips is not acceptable ?

I didn't say boosting was OK, as it is also clearly illegal (if difficult to enforce).  However, I've never seen any boosted rubber make as big of a different in performance as this treated LP rubber.
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 2:27am
DIGRESSION
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 3:14am

So, the treated rubber is frictionless, harder or softer pips, what appears to be the change ?
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 10:14am
Egghead:

Do you think this light-cured 388D-1 plays better than regular 388D-1?
(benfb swear by it.)
===========

I paid $34.23 for 5 sheets ($6.85 per sheet), the money (via Paypal) was sent to the Agent.
The Agent would then buy the rubber and ship to me.
The final cost is unknown, because I don't know how much the Agent will charge me for his service.
(I was unsuccessful to buy directly from Taobao, it never took me to the check-out, tried for 2 hours.)

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 11:26am
Skip - Usually you will pay the agent for the shipping from agent to you and commission fee.  Don't worry about the commission fee, as when you buy from eBay or Ali express, you pay for commission fee as well, but it's hidden in the total, because the seller pay for it, so the price is generally higher than from Taobao.  The only con buying from Taobao is paying for extra shipping, and a longer wait time due to shipping twice.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 11:56am
Before we all rush to taobao and order the light-cured LPs, I need to clear some misunderstanding.
(1) If you have no LPs skills, it will not work. You still need to have basic LPs skills. (To Skip3119: if you have trouble playing with lp, it may not help you).
(2) It will NOT do the frictionless LPs shxt.
(3) the light-cured LPs are not frictionless, just little less sensitive to spin than the regular lps.
(4) the returns of light-cured LPs have stronger spin reversal and a lower ball path, but not at the frictionless lps level. 
(5) this LPs can help you win few pts. However, if you opp knows all LPs shxt and is way better than you, you will still lose the match.

Edited by Egghead - 03/29/2018 at 6:05pm
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 12:22pm

So, the treated rubber is frictionless, harder or softer pips, what appears to be the change ?
All the light-cured LPs that I played have ITTF stamp. 
It is hard to tell you what changed (beside some older light-cured version LPs are shinner), you need to play with it so that you understand it.

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 12:36pm
If my opponent is below 1700, I generally win.
If my opponent is above 1800, I generally lose.

Anything in-between, the match can go either way.
============

The top player in our club uses the same rubber as I do (Dawei 388D-1) and a visiting player from California, Jeff Xiao uses a cheap LP rubber, Palio CK531A -- both of them beat 2100 level players easily. So, the skill counts more than rubber.

I used to hear that west coast players are generally 100 to 200 points higher than east coast players - I thought that's BS.
But after Jeff Xiao visited our club, I think what I heard does have some truth to it.

Edited by skip3119 - 03/29/2018 at 1:55pm
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 4:18pm

But they are still illegal.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 4:46pm

Regardless of what someone else posted, they appear to me to be very close to frictionless.  Blocks come back strongly reverse and players with mediocre chopping technique can produce strong chops.  

It occurs to me that since these are treated rubbers, they may not all play the same.  Each sheet might be more or less frictionless. I imagine there will be quite a bit of variation.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 4:58pm
which giant dragon long pimples would be most similar to palio ck531a? want 0.5 or 0.6mm sponge?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

which giant dragon long pimples would be most similar to palio ck531a? want 0.5 or 0.6mm sponge?
Why pay $15usd per sheet when you can pay $5 per sheet? Confused
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

I understand where you come from. However, the light-cured LPs are not frictionless, and the pips sizes are within the rules. It is so hard to check it.

Edited by Egghead - 03/29/2018 at 6:34pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

I understand where you come from. However, the light-cured LPs are not frictionless, and the pips sizes are within the rules.

Any rubber which is treated and therefore differs from the version submitted to ITTF for approval is not legal.  It's not just a matter of whether they are frictionless (and I would consider them very close, at least the sample I played against), it's being modified which makes them illegal.  The same applies to using boosters, but the effect is much more dramatic here.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 6:39pm

Before we all rush to taobao and order the light-cured LPs, I need to clear some misunderstanding.
(1) If you have no LPs skills, it will not work. You still need to have basic LPs skills. (To Skip3119: if you have trouble playing with lp, it may not help you).
(2) It will NOT do the frictionless LPs shxt.
(3) the light-cured LPs are not frictionless, just little less sensitive to spin than the regular lps.
(4) the returns of light-cured LPs have stronger spin reversal and a lower ball path, but not at the frictionless lps level. 
(5) this LPs can help you win few pts. However, if you opp knows all LPs shxt and is way better than you, you will still lose the match.

I want to address this a bit more.

First, my experience is with a particular player and his particular sheet of the light-cured LP.  A different player using a different sheet may have different results.

Second, I am reasonably comfortable playing against LP, and have a plus record against them up to 300 points above my rating.  My LP clubmate is someone whom I beat 100% of the time previously, and now struggle with, and the only change was these pips.

However, I understand that representing just my own experience may not impress anyone (it certainly doesn't impress me!).  So let me tell you another story.

We have another guy, player V, who is currently around 2100.  That rating reflects the fact that he's gotten older and slower, and only plays a few times a month.  Fifteen years ago, he was around 2350-2400, so he is very strong and very knowledgeable.  Player V played a match last week with our light-cured LP guy and Player V did win the match.  However, the match score was 3-1; he lost a game. 

That's not a small upset.  Previously, I think you could have asked Player V to give the LP player 6 or 7 points in handicap and still win every game.  I'm sure Player V will have some new tactics the next time those two play, so we shouldn't see any more upsets.  Still, the mere idea that it could occur even once would normally be completely impossible. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic