FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Rhyzer 48 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2018 at 11:23pm
https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=j-rhyzer-48

Megaspin has them for $55 + 10% discount if you buy two, so $50 a pop.
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 9:56am
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

After another session, my EJ days will be over at least for now. Tibhar CCA Ultimate w. Joola Rhyzer Max and Omega Pro 2mm will be my go to for the time being.

Hi h0n1g, can you compare Rhyzer 48 vs O7Pro? In your opinion, can 07Pro work well on FH? Is 07Pro much softer than Rhyzer 48?

I've ordered a few Rhyzer48, O7Pro and Bluestorm Z1 sheets to figure out what shall work better with my blades. But any input from you shall help.
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 6:28pm
Did anyone waited the 48 hours before gluing it, as it says on the package?
What is it for, time for the solvents disappear?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

Did anyone waited the 48 hours before gluing it, as it says on the package?
What is it for, time for the solvents disappear?

i didn't and i didn't read the package lol
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

After another session, my EJ days will be over at least for now. Tibhar CCA Ultimate w. Joola Rhyzer Max and Omega Pro 2mm will be my go to for the time being.

Hi h0n1g, can you compare Rhyzer 48 vs O7Pro? In your opinion, can 07Pro work well on FH? Is 07Pro much softer than Rhyzer 48?

I've ordered a few Rhyzer48, O7Pro and Bluestorm Z1 sheets to figure out what shall work better with my blades. But any input from you shall help.

Can the O7Pro work on FH? Yes, I'm sure it can. I'd say, people that have played the Donic M2 or M3 in the past will really like the O7Pro on the FH. For me, it won't work because it's too soft for my liking. The sponge on the O7Pro feels a lot softer to me than the Rhyzer and its overall slower - I'd say in terms of speed it's a decent chunk below T05 and definitely slower Rhyzer48.

I think the O7Pro can work well if you only ever brush the ball and you don't hit a lot - I also found the O7Pro less flexible in what sort of stroke you can put on it. Its great for top spin but not much else. However, I think it was yogi_bear who said it, its a VERY easy rubber to play...so as a BH rubber for me, its great because it compensates for less than ideal angles (I'm a lazy mover) which helps me.

Besides its speed, O7Pro would actually be a great rubber for intermediate or even new players....maybe on Def+/All blade? It reminds me of the Vega Europe but obviously with harder characteristics and more spin potential on full loops. 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 6:40pm

Can the O7Pro work on FH? Yes, I'm sure it can. I'd say, people that have played the Donic M2 or M3 in the past will really like the O7Pro on the FH. For me, it won't work because it's too soft for my liking. The sponge on the O7Pro feels a lot softer to me than the Rhyzer and its overall slower - I'd say in terms of speed it's a decent chunk below T05 and definitely slower Rhyzer48.

Thanks h0n1g. Do your comments (about O7Pro speed) pertain to max or 2.0 thickness?
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 8:03pm
i am thinking of trying rhyzer 48, but might wait
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2018 at 8:22pm
Can anyone make a comparison between Rhyzer 48 and Goldarc 50?
Is R48 so much faster? And controllable? How about the spin and throw angle?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2018 at 12:10am

Thanks h0n1g. Do your comments (about O7Pro speed) pertain to max or 2.0 thickness?

I should have clarified. I have only played the O7Pro in 2.0 but I'm comparing it here to the 2.0 Rhyzer 48 as well.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2018 at 8:46pm
I measured thickness using callipers of O7Pro max and Rhyzer 48 max (right out of package).

O7Pro max: 3.99mm
Rhyzer 48 max: 4.5mm!!!

Could someone verify R48's measurements?

To me, upon initial inspection, R48 seems like a LOT like Bluestorm Z1 - right from pip structure to thickness of pores. O7Pro has larger pores and is clearly softer overall (most likely softer than T05 despite its 47.5 deg supposed hardness).
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2018 at 9:04pm

I measured thickness using callipers of O7Pro max and Rhyzer 48 max (right out of package).

O7Pro max: 3.99mm
Rhyzer 48 max: 4.5mm!!!

Could someone verify R48's measurements?

To me, upon initial inspection, R48 seems like a LOT like Bluestorm Z1 - right from pip structure to thickness of pores. O7Pro has larger pores and is clearly softer overall (most likely softer than T05 despite its 47.5 deg supposed hardness).

Same thing with Tibhar K1 Hybrid Pro Max thickness...My coach measured it with the DHS thickness tester and it went over 4.0. Another coach told me a lot of the new Max thickness rubbers go over the 4.0 thickness. You may have to let it air out a little to let it go down from all the embedded booster if you are playing any national level tournaments. For club level and local tournaments it should be fine.
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 12:09pm
Initial opinions on comparisons between Rhyzer 48, Bluestorm Z1, Omega 7 Pro and Tenergy 05:

Rhyzer 48, to me (right from initial inspection to practice play against a robot), seems to be almost exactly a Bluestorm Z1 but with added even extra booster to make it blatantly illegal in tournament play. Uber Monster rubber (given that Z1 was already a monster rubber). If you want to feel how a super-spinny speed-glued rubber feels, try this. I shall write more about any differences that I can find between the two after some match play.

IMHO, there is no reason to buy Rasanter R47 now - both Z1 and Rhyzer 48 are clearly superior to Rasanter R47. Tibhar Aurus Prime feels different from all of the above 3 rubbers and is still good (especially in topspin against topspin). However I like Z1 and Rhyzer 48 more.

IMHO, both are superior to MX-P as well (though MX-P is perfectly usable in today's environment - especially because it is cheaper than these newer offerings). Especially given that both are a few grams lighter than MX-P. Perhaps similar or slightly greater spin than MX-P. But easier to generate the spin (given Rhyzer 48's thinner topsheet).

Both Z1 and Rhyzer 48 are fantastic in both loop against underspin (the current thin-topsheet / thick sponge generation has clearly improved performance in this stroke) & loop against topspin.

Short pushes with both Z1 and Rhyzer 48 are less spinny than with T05 (and this is, perhaps, a good thing as it implies better control on serve receive using forehand). Both are a bit less bouncy than MX-P in the short game.

O7Pro - I don't know. To me, it is clearly not in the class of rubbers like Z1 and Rhyzer 48. It sort of feels like a slightly better Bluestorm Z2 (which isn't saying much as I'm not a fan of Z2) but my opinion may change after some match play.

First things first: I would not classify this in the same hardness level as MX-P, Z1 or Rhyzer 48. It clearly plays softer (more like a 1/2 degree harder Omega V Europe).

Second, yes, coming from a rubber like T05, you'll find balls overshooting with O7Pro max. But that does not mean that it is fast - it is just that on certain kinds of strokes, it spins less and hence goes long. To me, there is no doubt that T05 still packs more power than the O7Pro (even if balls hit with T05 rarely go long).

O7Pro feels very grippy to touch. It plays fantastic in loop against underspin (ie: spin continuation). It plays only a bit above average in loop against topspin (ie: spin reversal).

To me, O7Pro is a bit too soft to use as a FH rubber (though I could get used to it if I tried) but perfectly usable as a BH rubber. It is not too light either: my 07Pro max was about 50g cut to a 158x152 blade (about the same as T05) after using 3 layers of glue on sponge and 2 on blade. Rhyzer 48 was 51.5g cut (so less than MX-P which is probably 54g cut on this blade).

Hope this helps,

Edited by slevin - 03/01/2018 at 12:47pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 1:39pm
Nice comparison. Thanks. Did you mention that Z1 and Rhyzer smells like booster?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 2:17pm
I think you may need to use 07 Pro more extensively.  I haven't used the other rubbers though but I found 07 Pro made the most sense when I used it on an OFF- blade.  I didn't find it extremely light but I found it lighter than most rubbers in the same class.

Edited by NextLevel - 03/01/2018 at 2:17pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Nice comparison. Thanks. Did you mention that Z1 and Rhyzer smells like booster?

To me, the smell does not matter (unless it smells fishy like the Bluefire series).

If someone does not like boosters in their rubber, there are quite a few still available to choose from (Mark V, Sriver and a few others).

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I think you may need to use 07 Pro more extensively.  I haven't used the other rubbers though but I found 07 Pro made the most sense when I used it on an OFF- blade.  I didn't find it extremely light but I found it lighter than most rubbers in the same class.

I do have Rhyzer 48 (FH) and O7Pro (BH) on a OFF- blade. But yes, I have not used it extensively yet. 
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 6:50pm

Initial opinions on comparisons between Rhyzer 48, Bluestorm Z1, Omega 7 Pro and Tenergy 05:

Rhyzer 48, to me (right from initial inspection to practice play against a robot), seems to be almost exactly a Bluestorm Z1 but with added even extra booster to make it blatantly illegal in tournament play. Uber Monster rubber (given that Z1 was already a monster rubber). If you want to feel how a super-spinny speed-glued rubber feels, try this. I shall write more about any differences that I can find between the two after some match play.

IMHO, there is no reason to buy Rasanter R47 now - both Z1 and Rhyzer 48 are clearly superior to Rasanter R47. Tibhar Aurus Prime feels different from all of the above 3 rubbers and is still good (especially in topspin against topspin). However I like Z1 and Rhyzer 48 more.

IMHO, both are superior to MX-P as well (though MX-P is perfectly usable in today's environment - especially because it is cheaper than these newer offerings). Especially given that both are a few grams lighter than MX-P. Perhaps similar or slightly greater spin than MX-P. But easier to generate the spin (given Rhyzer 48's thinner topsheet).

Both Z1 and Rhyzer 48 are fantastic in both loop against underspin (the current thin-topsheet / thick sponge generation has clearly improved performance in this stroke) & loop against topspin.

Short pushes with both Z1 and Rhyzer 48 are less spinny than with T05 (and this is, perhaps, a good thing as it implies better control on serve receive using forehand). Both are a bit less bouncy than MX-P in the short game.

O7Pro - I don't know. To me, it is clearly not in the class of rubbers like Z1 and Rhyzer 48. It sort of feels like a slightly better Bluestorm Z2 (which isn't saying much as I'm not a fan of Z2) but my opinion may change after some match play.

First things first: I would not classify this in the same hardness level as MX-P, Z1 or Rhyzer 48. It clearly plays softer (more like a 1/2 degree harder Omega V Europe).

Second, yes, coming from a rubber like T05, you'll find balls overshooting with O7Pro max. But that does not mean that it is fast - it is just that on certain kinds of strokes, it spins less and hence goes long. To me, there is no doubt that T05 still packs more power than the O7Pro (even if balls hit with T05 rarely go long).

O7Pro feels very grippy to touch. It plays fantastic in loop against underspin (ie: spin continuation). It plays only a bit above average in loop against topspin (ie: spin reversal).

To me, O7Pro is a bit too soft to use as a FH rubber (though I could get used to it if I tried) but perfectly usable as a BH rubber. It is not too light either: my 07Pro max was about 50g cut to a 158x152 blade (about the same as T05) after using 3 layers of glue on sponge and 2 on blade. Rhyzer 48 was 51.5g cut (so less than MX-P which is probably 54g cut on this blade).

Hope this helps,

very nice comparison
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 7:47pm
These comparative reviews are most enlightening.
Thank you very much, slevin.
Are you able to give us a perspective how you may rate Rhyzm -p; compared to Rhyzer 48 ?
How much 'less' is Rhyzm - P ? LOL
Anyone ?

Edited by penholderxxx - 03/01/2018 at 7:48pm
Iloveplayingtabletennis
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 8:09pm
It's not even comparable in my opinion, just a different class of rubber. Much less spin, much less speed, softer and less direct. Potentially slightly better on slow strokes...potentially
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 2:02am
Thank you Slevin. Hmm..makes me doubt my purchase of O7Pro. Just got rubber but did not glue it yet. From the description I was expecting a sort of similar hardness as O5Pro or Tour. Apparently it is not the case. 

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 3:15am
So rhyzer or bluestorm z1 is what we should be looking at eh? Pretty happy with aurus prime right now, works well on a med-high throw alc, not so well on zlc blades. Only remaining test is durability. What I dint like abt rasanter and hype kr is that they don't seem to have a very good topsheet bite, so kinda weakness your service and receive game. Yes, I actually like having a spin sensitive topsheet for this, where mx-p is pretty much my standard and rubbers like t05, baracuda, rakza etc are a bit too spin sensitive.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 6:23am

It's not even comparable in my opinion, just a different class of rubber. Much less spin, much less speed, softer and less direct. Potentially slightly better on slow strokes...potentially

Try to get the harder sponge that Aruna uses and boost it slightly. Your opinion may chamge...
Cybershape Carbon
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 9:08am
Day 2 of testing Rhyzer 48 (max) and O7Pro (max):

I took off those red R48 (max) / black O7Pro (max) sheets and replaced them with fresh black R48 / red O7Pro sheets on the same blade for 3 hours of match play testing. This time, I aired out the R48 before putting it on the blade.

The black R48 seemed a bit harder (perhaps because of some of that extra juice evaporating during the airing out phase) than the earlier red sheet. Recommendation: so long as you're not playing in a tournament where your racket shall be tested, don't air out your R48 - the feel is better straight out of the package (feels like a super-juiced H3 Neo national).

I wish I did not have conflicting results, but I have to say it like it is. The red O7Pro surprisingly was good - so I have to take back my bad-mouthing a bit (good thing I tested more than 1 sheet). I think I found out why (and it has nothing to do with the rubber): if one is using thin glue, make sure that the last layer on the sponge / blade is nice and thick. You learn something new everyday. It felt a bit softer and easier to generate spin with.

To me, this O7Pro felt a lot like if you took the Nittaku Fastarc G1, improved the topsheet (for plastic ball) and then put 3 layers of booster on the sponge. Except, perhaps, the thinner topsheet made it easier to generate spin with. Another comparison: Vega Japan with improved topsheet, 47 deg sponge (with the same large pores as the VJ has) and 1 layer of booster. I guess I won't be selling off my O7Pro sheets after all.

Again, the same conclusions regarding hardness apply: the MX-P, Z1 and R48 are at a similar hardness level & are substitutes of each other. O7Pro is not at that level - it is a bit softer and plays likewise.

Is O7Pro a Tenergy killer? It is not like the T05. Less spin, more stable throw (so better for non-advanced players). It IS like the T80 and I think I prefer this to the T80.

What about R48 vs T05? Not a good comparison as they play quite differently. R48 plays more like a super-juiced, nice, H3 Neo but with smashing capability in addition to looping.

So, my recommendation stands: if you're using MX-P and want to switch to something similar but better, O7Pro is not your answer. Z1 or R48 are. However, if you're using T80, Vega Pro, Fastarc G1 and need something faster & more suited to plastic ball (better grip), try O7Pro.

Nice going, ESN!

Edited by slevin - 03/02/2018 at 9:17am
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 10:47am
Thank you! I'm using G1 and this information is useful to me!
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 11:59am
I like the comparison to the H3 Neo that is 2-3 layers boosted, however, I'd add that for me, the R48 has higher throw than the H3 Neo. Would you agree slevin?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 12:01pm

To me, this O7Pro felt a lot like if you took the Nittaku Fastarc G1, improved the topsheet (for plastic ball) and then put 3 layers of booster on the sponge. Except, perhaps, the thinner topsheet made it easier to generate spin with. Another comparison: Vega Japan with improved topsheet, 47 deg sponge (with the same large pores as the VJ has) and 1 layer of booster. I guess I won't be selling off my O7Pro sheets after all.

I haven't used Rhyzer, but I'm loving O7Pro at the moment and I very much agree with the above.  My comparison tends to be against Adidas P7, but G1 is similar and it's the same kind of end result I think.

From what I've read so far Rhyzer won't be for me, so thanks for the reporting (and to everyone else who's shared on this thread).  ClapClapClap
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 12:01pm

I like the comparison to the H3 Neo that is 2-3 layers boosted, however, I'd add that for me, the R48 has higher throw than the H3 Neo. Would you agree slevin?

Yes.

Throw: H3 Neo < Rhyzer 48 = MX-P < Bluestorm Z1
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 1:09pm
I will be really surprised if this rubber has the same bite as g-1/baracuda, the only new Gen tensor I played is the R47 which wasnt anywhere as spinny as g-1/baracuda
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I will be really surprised if this rubber has the same bite as g-1/baracuda, the only new Gen tensor I played is the R47 which wasnt anywhere as spinny as g-1/baracuda

I don't think it does, but I think the sponge and the overall feel have the makings of something special.  I think the T64/T80 crowd will like it.  I am looking for something more like T80/T05 and it needs something to be harder for that to work.
Cybershape Carbon
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 5:15pm
I don't know... Tried Rhyzer 48, had baracuda, all good rubbers, but nothing grabs it like Hexer (tensor rubbers, not talking about Chinese rubbers' grab)

Edited by dual700 - 03/02/2018 at 5:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic