FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Joola Rhyzer 48 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 1:48pm
Actually i feel the same way too. Mxp can outspin aurus prime.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 7:10pm
Out of topic: how long before the booster in MX-P is totally gone. Does that change dramatically the playing characteristics of this rubber? From what I understood the Rhyzer 48 changes after month or so
4x Hallmark Carbon Extreme
FH: TG3 NEO, Thors
BH: any fast and light rubber
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Out of topic: how long before the booster in MX-P is totally gone. Does that change dramatically the playing characteristics of this rubber? From what I understood the Rhyzer 48 changes after month or so
About 3 weeks to 1 month, it makes the rubber feel a lot harder and not to my taste, starts like Tenergy hardness but then it bricks once the booster wears off. Still plays well but I like to reboost afterwards
DHS Hurricane Long 5 90g
Evolution MX-P 2.1/2.2 - boosted with 1 layer of TRF
Total Weight: 194g

https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 2:27am
Thanks. I really hoped that you would answer differently. All those new generations ESN seem to have the same problem. I don't like the idea of reboosting every month, cause anyway it won't be the same
4x Hallmark Carbon Extreme
FH: TG3 NEO, Thors
BH: any fast and light rubber
Clarence247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

Rhyzer is a first rubber which has actual feel of old speed glued rubber. Rhyzer remains me of good old days when I practiced quite hard and played with heavily glued Mendo Mp. When I was in great shape it was pure pleasure to play with Mendo Mp but when I cut down my practice hours it became too demanding to control.

Very interesting! I used to play with a glued up Mendo MP too in the late 90's! When I restarted after 14 years absence - I bought it again - and used it glued at 1st out of nostalgia and then boosted - I still could play against good players playing with modern rubbers - Mendo MP was still VERY fast.

It does however lack spin on pushes and serves compared to modern rubbers which are very grippy. 

Eventually I replaced it with Adidas P7 which is slower but safer and spinnier.

Fast forward to now...I've been not playing for 2 years and Adidas p7 no longer exists!!!!! And...there's the new ball....

Do you think the Rhyzer would suit me since I loved the Mendo MP? Is the Rhyzer spinny on short pushes and serves too?
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
Adidas P7
Nittaku Hammond Pro Beta

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
FH Sanwei T-88i (not target)
BH Dawei SuperPower 2008 XP
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2018 at 5:30am
Yes Rhyzer 48 is very spinny on serves. Short pushes are not really easy to excecute since this rubber is really fast. I found that black sheet has more booster and feels firmer than red ones. But I only tested one black and 2 red sheets so this info might not be accurate. Topsheet of Rhyzer wears out quite quickly and that is a main reason I went back to Rasanter 47 which is a bit milder version of Rhyzer with better topsheet (imho). So if I were you I would start with Rasanter R47 since it is a quite safe bet. I have played through whole post speedglue era so it is possible that my memory doen’t serve me right tough:).

Edited by Tommy16 - 07/15/2018 at 5:33am
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2018 at 12:53pm
If you reboost it once imo it will always play a bit softer than usual, or at least the perception of, as you are stretching the topsheet akin to 05 towards 64

DHS Hurricane Long 5 90g
Evolution MX-P 2.1/2.2 - boosted with 1 layer of TRF
Total Weight: 194g

https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic