FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Rhyzer 48 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Rhyzer 48 Review
    Posted: 02/07/2018 at 2:34pm
Here are my initial thoughts on the Rhyzer 48. I've played the 48 on both my old trusted Tibhar CCA Ultimate as well as the Joola Zelebro blade. Both in ST, 91g and 90g respectively.

Rhyzer 48 played in max (2.3) and 2.0mm sponge. 

Speed: Speed wise, the Rhyzer 48 is a very fast rubber. It is clearly faster than a Tenergy 05, its faster than a MX-P. It's also a little faster than an Aurus Prime but they are close in my opinion. I would not want to use this rubber on an OFF+ blade like a SZLC or some of the top-end ZLC blades...I think you'll just be hitting it long all the time unless you are a highly skilled player. One definitely needs to adjust the blade angle.

Spin: Lots of spin is generated on both slow and fast balls. I would put the spin generation on par with an MX-P and Tenergy 80 and slightly below that of a Tenergy 05 - but its pretty much the same level as an 05, especially on more powerful strokes (slower loops and serves, T05 still wins).

Control: As you would expect, anything with a 2.3mm sponge isn't going to be a control king. However, due to the combination of the thick sponge and the relatively high hardness of the sponge, it is much "more" controllable than other rubbers in this category. Compared with the Aurus Prime in 2.3 or the R47 in 2.3, the Rhyzer 48 offers significantly more control so place the ball and offers options for varied attacking. Chop blocks are fantastic with this rubber. Even when you are pressed and you need to use a creative escape shot, the rubber delivers. This was one of the reasons why the Aurus and Rasanter series was never a real consideration for me because it lacked that quality for my play style and level.

Trajectory: Long. Longer than a T05, longer than a T80, slightly longer than a T64. Slightly longer than the Aurus Prime, significantly longer than a Vega Pro. The great thing is that you end up hitting a lot of deceptive shots, lots of shots where the opponent thinks the ball is out but it still touches the line. If you can perfect your shot making, these will become scoring shots.

2.0mm vs 2.3mm: In 2.0, the Rhyzer 48 is an offensive all-rounder. What I mean with that is that its a fast rubber with good control characteristics and offers a great amount of speed. In 2.3, the Rhyzer 48 becomes a cannon. The speed you can generate quite frankly is hard to believe at first. I don't think I've ever played with a faster rubber that was usable. Once you tame 2.3mm, you are able to hit rockets past opponents that just outpace the average club player in terms of their reaction time/positioning time...BUT...you have to tame it, otherwise, you will hit a huge amount long.

Blades that go well with the Rhyzer: Anything that doesn't have a high throw angle and some form of carbon inside. I think if you pair it up with a blade with higher throw, the rubber will become uncontrollable very quickly - even for very good players (non-pro). I've had 2200+ rated players hit with it and even they struggled at first (usual blade TB ALC w. T05 and MJ ZLC w. T64's) to get the length right consistently.

I think the Rhyzer 48 is a great forehand rubber. Probably a great backhand rubber as well if you have the skill. I've tried the Rhyzer in 2.3 on FH and 2.0 on BH and it's still too fast for me on the BH where I might go back to the old, trusty MX-S.

Edited by h0n1g - 02/07/2018 at 2:35pm
Sponsored Links

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2018 at 2:56pm
What happened in 2.0mm? Why would you rather use mx-s max than rhyzer 48 2mm?

Also...do you play close or away from table? Which blade you tried rhyzer on? and whats your level?

Edited by debraj - 02/07/2018 at 2:57pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2018 at 3:00pm
Are you reading what I'm writing?

Quote  I've played the 48 on both my old trusted Tibhar CCA Ultimate as well as the Joola Zelebro blade. Both in ST, 91g and 90g respectively.

Literally the first sentence...

I'm a 1925-2050 player. 
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 3:07am
sorry ... missed that line.

I asked few other questions too.

Why are you so rude?
Do you not want me to take interest in your review...or not?

Edited by debraj - 02/08/2018 at 3:08am
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 4:17am
how does the rhyzer 48 compares to
the rasanter r47 in terms of speed, spin
and control?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

and control?

It's been too long that I played with the R47 to make a direct comparison. What I do remember is the lack of control I felt with the R47
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

sorry ... missed that line.

I asked few other questions too.

Why are you so rude?
Do you not want me to take interest in your review...or not?

I'm happy to have meaningful exchanges if people actually take time to read the whole thing. I think I answered all yours questions in my last post. Regarding the MX-S, it's lower throw than the Rhyzer 48 so it offers more control to me on the BH, especially when blocking
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 10:55am
I just swapped from R47 to Rhyzer and I think that R47 is much slower less spinny and A LOT easier to use (=better control). R47 is great rubber that does everything very well. Rhyzer is a first rubber which has actual feel of old speed glued rubber. Rhyzer remains me of good old days when I practiced quite hard and played with heavily glued Mendo Mp. When I was in great shape it was pure pleasure to play with Mendo Mp but when I cut down my practice hours it became too demanding to control. Rhyzer is really fast rubber which rewards your strong attack. If your game is based on avoiding mistakes then it´s not rubber for you. Whit Rhyzer you have to be active and try to finnish points with your own strong attack. Otherwise R47 is better suited for you.

and control?

Edited by Tommy16 - 02/08/2018 at 10:57am
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 11:16am
Where can I buy this rubber?
Just asked Joola US dealer, they don't have it here yet..

Thanks
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

I just swapped from R47 to Rhyzer and I think that R47 is much slower less spinny and A LOT easier to use (=better control). R47 is great rubber that does everything very well. Rhyzer is a first rubber which has actual feel of old speed glued rubber. Rhyzer remains me of good old days when I practiced quite hard and played with heavily glued Mendo Mp. When I was in great shape it was pure pleasure to play with Mendo Mp but when I cut down my practice hours it became too demanding to control. Rhyzer is really fast rubber which rewards your strong attack. If your game is based on avoiding mistakes then it´s not rubber for you. Whit Rhyzer you have to be active and try to finnish points with your own strong attack. Otherwise R47 is better suited for you.

and control?

I am using the rasanter R47 now and will switch to the Rhyzer 48 later on. I think the extra speed and spin of the Rhyzer 48 is what I need to deal with the physical demand of looping the the new abs ball. The Ransanter r47 is a fanstatic rubber though.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

Here are my initial thoughts on the Rhyzer 48. I've played the 48 on both my old trusted Tibhar CCA Ultimate as well as the Joola Zelebro blade. Both in ST, 91g and 90g respectively.

Can you share some info about Zelebro blade compared to other ZLC blades (Mizutani, Boll ZLC)?
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Can you share some info about Zelebro blade compared to other ZLC blades (Mizutani, Boll ZLC)?
Should be similar to garaydia zlc cos of hinoki outer. Lower quality tho
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 1:31pm
The ZeleBRO does not have a Hinoki outer. It's Limba outer.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 1:47pm
thanks for the review
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Compared to the MZLC (which I owned): Slightly slower, significantly more direct, lower throw, slightly less spin, harder feel.
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

Where can I buy this rubber?
Just asked Joola US dealer, they don't have it here yet..

Thanks

I've imported it from Germany.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2018 at 4:33pm
Is this not the zlc one? EJ gets it right haha not that knowledgeable on equipment anymore
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2018 at 6:47am
I really hope that Rhyzer doesn´t "brake in" becouse it´ s a great rubber right out of the package. One thing which if forgot to mention earlier. I would think twice or three times before buying Rhyzer with ultra max sponge. I have it with 2mm sponge and it is way faster than any other max or ultra max sponge rubber which I have tried (MX-P, T05, T64, R47 etc.). Rhyzer also feels quite soft considering it has 48 degree sponge. 

ps. I use Maze alc

Edited by Tommy16 - 02/09/2018 at 6:51am

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2018 at 8:32pm
Were you able to weigh the rubber, curious as how heavy it can get in 2.0 and 2.3
Danny1973 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2018 at 2:38am
I got a max + 2.0. I forget to weight these seperate. Together is the weight 94 gram cut for my Walder WC89.
Xiom Azx icecream
FH Xiom Omega 7 pro max
BH Xiom Omega 7 pro max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2018 at 9:36pm
The rhyzer 48 is very fast that all you need is just an all wood 5 ply blade with it at max thickness.The Omega 7 Pro and Z1 bluestorm have more control.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 1:14am
I only put the max on the scale. That was 71g uncut
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 3:05am
I still think that if you have found a good blade which suits you, there is no reason to change that just becouse you want to use max sponge. .
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

The rhyzer 48 is very fast that all you need is just an all wood 5 ply blade with it at max thickness.The Omega 7 Pro and Z1 bluestorm have more control.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 10:31pm
If he does not want to change blades then he can get the 2.1mm version.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 5:29pm
Just a note/warning: Similar to the old Xiom Vega Asia etc., the Rhyzer shrinks considerably after gluing. I wanted to re-glue the rubber today to a different blade and it approximately shrunk ~2mm.

Just as a warning to others - cut the rubber generously.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 7:53pm

Just a note/warning: Similar to the old Xiom Vega Asia etc., the Rhyzer shrinks considerably after gluing. I wanted to re-glue the rubber today to a different blade and it approximately shrunk ~2mm.

Just as a warning to others - cut the rubber generously.

That's the biggest reason I have stopped bothering with the new thin topsheet rubbers.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

That's the biggest reason I have stopped bothering with the new thin topsheet rubbers.

Do you think the thin-topsheet rubber shrink more than other 'glue effect' rubbers? I'm not sure if that's the case, it might just depend on the amount of tension and/or boosting level.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 12:19am
My aurus prime did shrink, but a bit lesser than mx-p. Loved the mx-p, used it for over 2 years, but was fed up of its shrinkage and constant performance change. Aurus prime may be the first rubber I feel content with on my FH after the mx-p, but even this is starting to show a performance drop /dead feel now. From what iv read, non of the newer gen rubbers except aurus pime feels like an mx-p alternative, mainly cuz of how the new topsheets feel on brush contact. (except maybe bluestorm z1, but that is yet to be seen).
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2018 at 12:51am
After another session, my EJ days will be over at least for now. Tibhar CCA Ultimate w. Joola Rhyzer Max and Omega Pro 2mm will be my go to for the time being.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2018 at 9:24pm
Joola USA now has stock: http://www.joolausa.com/Rhyzer-48-Rubber

Price is $59.95.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic